Gamers who loved Metro 2033: what did you think of Metro:LL?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I really liked 2033, but I have mixed feelings about Last Light. Both are highly atmospheric and great games. 2033 was haaard; Last Light is eeeeasy. Perhaps it's because of this, but Last Light seemed very short, and the AI is inexcusably bad for 2013, and it's way too linear. Then again, Last Light is very pretty. However, I paid full price at launch and I'm well satisfied with the game; any game with that much unique atmosphere is worth full price even if it's short, linear, and plagued with Artificial Stupidity.

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
LL, was a good game easily on par with the first with the exception of about the last third of the game.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Last Light is fun. But agreed that it is too easy. I think I'm near the end of the game now (defending D6) and I've only really had one part that was challenging. But it is pretty and I've enjoyed it thus far. Probably give it a solid B.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
I found in 2033 (which is probably the same in LL) that running on hard might actually be easier because damage is increased. Its meant to be played nice and slow while sneaking around instead of blasting in.