gamerail.com

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I have a startup company in a non profit technology business incubator called TEC. Tec stands for Technology Entreprenuer Center. TEC is located in the Bandwidth Exchange Building 1, one of the largest internet hubs in the world. Many many tier 1 providers (at&t, level 3, etc) have their largest backbones meeting in this building, or peer with providers in Bandwidth Exchange Building 2, which is about 4 blocks from building 1. They are connected via fiber.

Anyways, using these backbone connections, a company recently accepted into TEC as a client startup company has setup a network for gaming. It is pretty interesting. People are seeing huge drops in ping times and latency.

tecstl.org
bandexch.com
gamerail.com

Gamers should check out the forums on gamerail.com and see what results other gamers are getting. This is a new venture, and not alot of people know about it yet, not to mention it is still in beta. So if you want to get involved please do.

edit: I'm in no way affiliated with gamerail.com other than their company and my company are in the same incubator. I've never even met the guys, just recently started reading about what they are doing after someone within TEC mentioned them. As a gamer myself, this looks like a really really good thing.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
im in

ha i just went to the forum and saw "newest registered user" as vivithemage

hehehe, it looks 'smart' this is what ive always thought game industries should point there hops.

It would improve gamers satisfaction a lot if you ask me.

I might be able to play with kids in California with 30 ping, instead of 80s.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
EDIT: nevermind... i thought you were an admin of our "rival" lan party group...

i'm with laclede's lan, which is the biggest lan party in missouri (based in st. louis) and gamerail used to be a sponsor of our "rival" group.

i say "rival" because we don't consider them rivals, but the head admin of the other group likes to try starting stuff and is big on talking shyt about us to sponsors so we don't get them... hasn't stopped us from being huge as hell, though.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: eits
EDIT: nevermind... i thought you were an admin of our "rival" lan party group...

i'm with laclede's lan, which is the biggest lan party in missouri (based in st. louis) and gamerail used to be a sponsor of our "rival" group.

i say "rival" because we don't consider them rivals, but the head admin of the other group likes to try starting stuff and is big on talking shyt about us to sponsors so we don't get them... hasn't stopped us from being huge as hell, though.

yea i dont know the guys. just saw they were accepted as a company. you should consider hosting a lan party at our building. (in the bandwidth exchange building)