gamegpuMirror's Edge Catalyst Beta CPU Benchmarks

csbin

Feb 4, 2013
http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/mirror-s-edge-catalyst-beta-test-gpu

5OI6g.jpg

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
I see that Frostbite 3 is continuing it's trend of impressive CPU optimization. It's a shame that SLI isn't working in the game so they could have gotten a better perspective on the scaling..

This game also looks like it will use a ton of RAM. Makes me glad I decided to go with 32GB on this last build:

MirrorsEdge_ram2.jpg

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Digital Foundry did a performance preview of the beta for both PS4 and the Xbox One, and they found that both versions cannot hold 60 FPS.

Also both version are prone to stuttering, which they think is being caused by the streaming. Streaming performance is impacted by CPU, RAM, VRAM and storage, all of which are somewhat weak on the new consoles.

I guess that's why the PC version uses so much RAM, and a good amount of VRAM.. The more assets it can hold in memory, the faster and more efficient the streaming process. Whereas the consoles have smaller memory pools with slower memory, and a weak CPU to exacerbate it even more.

Yuriman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2004
Given that an i3 2100 and FX-4100 can both (well, almost for the 4100) hold 60fps minimums even with SLI CPU overhead, I would be surprised if a fast dual core could not play this game.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
SLI isn't activated in the beta version. Also, the i3 2100 has HT, which makes a huge difference for dual core CPUs. Performance increase is much higher with HT, on the order of 60 to 75% higher or even more for dual cores.

Without HT, the performance would be much less.. It might be able to play the game, but with the same problems that you get when you play The Division with a dual core CPU..

Namely severely long loading times, ridiculously slow streaming, stuttering, lag etcetera... Basically an unplayable experience.

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
This won't sell modern CPUs. No wonder people go: "why it doesn't run on a dual-core", lmao.

Last edited: