• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Game starts with 60FPS, then permanently drops to 30FPS.

swchoi89

Sep 9, 2013
Hi All,

Am I correct in assuming that it's the heat that is causing the performance issues? I have GTX 960M and already set the settings to "Prefer maximum performance". I start off with 60 FPS and eventually it permanently drops to 30FPS after about 30 minutes. Let me know if this is unavoidable since I'm playing on a laptop.

Thanks!

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
do you have vsynch on? with vsynch, once you drop from 60FPS it will limit you to 30FPS.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
He should be using vsync. People that don't use vsync are monsters with terrible tastes in video quality.

I would run MSI afterburner and monitor core clocks and temperatures. Also, enable triple buffering if possible.

Reactions: Kuosimodo

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
He should be using vsync. People that don't use vsync are monsters with terrible tastes in video quality.

I would run MSI afterburner and monitor core clocks and temperatures. Also, enable triple buffering if possible.
i happen to be a monster with good taste in visuals. using a 120Hz monitor and no vsync since i don't hit 120FPS in most games i play.
vsync can degrade performance if not used carefully.

ASK THE COMMUNITY