Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 522 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Podrick has the magic cock FFS. Bronn and Tyrion are the ones who said so.

Remember the episode where Tyrion gave Pod money to pop his cherry and the whores did not take any of his money? I guess not.:D

Yep. But it's a "regular sized cock," according to the whores, he's just really good at using it. Tyrian was captured by those pirates and they wanted to cut off his cock because of its magical dwarf properties. He admitted that his cock wasn't magic, but Tyrian does, apparently, have a large cock.

So, they both have magic cocks but still missing in all of this is the Cock Merchant. :colbert:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Haven’t read the thread this season, but...

Whatever happened to “the one that passes the sentence should swing the sword?”

No trial? He should have had a chance to try to explain himself, fail, request trial by combat, and then get slaughtered. Would like to see Sansa choose Arya as her champion. What they did instead is more like a Joffrey Baratheon move than a Stark move.

I agree. I was waiting for him to demand trial by combat and have nobody willing to champion for him so that he had to do it himself. Really dickish to summarily execute him without a trial. Not that he didn't deserve it, but it would have been better to watch him squirm longer, almost find a way out of it, then fail and get hung.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Haven’t read the thread this season, but...

Whatever happened to “the one that passes the sentence should swing the sword?”

No trial? He should have had a chance to try to explain himself, fail, request trial by combat, and then get slaughtered. Would like to see Sansa choose Arya as her champion. What they did instead is more like a Joffrey Baratheon move than a Stark move.

Good point and I didn't even think about it. Wonder what the other lords think of this? Then again, everyone in the world that knows or simply knows of LIttlefinger hates him, so maybe they just don't care.

At the same time, Sansa has been a bit of the anti-Ned, and at least what she learned from Cersei and Littlefinger is that honor just ends up getting you killed. All the Starks that went south got murdered by southerners (except Jon, but they probably aren't up to speed with what he's been up to), so Sansa didn't ride south when requested. This season has been aiming towards showing how Sansa, w/ Arya, are going to be a different version of the Starks.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
What if Jon decided against trying to get a zombie? Would the Night King be locked out? Could they have dealt with Cersei at their convenience?

wasn't the magic of the wall broken due to the night king grabbing brans hand during the warg a while back?

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I'm just glad Arya and Sansa played Little Finger. I was going to be pissed if the writers made them back into idiots but well played writers. Well played

I want to agree, but after digesting it a bit, the build up scenes for it just seem wrong. Either they were putting on a show (for whom? we never saw anyone spying...) or the writers were just being dicks by putting in scenes that have no plausible explanation when we consider how it played out.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Meh, I liked that Little Finger was played, but I just hated how they got there; felt pretty stupid and contrived. Definitely some really clunky stuff this season and the way that played out was one of them. Oh and could the have made the Theon fight any dumber? What a joke.

KT

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Yeah the creators did fine with the show when they had Martin laying out how to do it. But now that they are on their own they suck at it.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Well, Tyrion better hope he's a fireproof Targaryen bastard if Dany finds out he double crossed her. I think the whole thing with saying what she would to Varys will be a roasting come season 8 for our favorite dwarf.

Reactions: thejunglegod

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011
Little Finger did admit to throwing Lysa out the moon door. He admitted to murder.

What was LittleFinger's goal?

I get he liked to stir the shit but I guess I missed where he wanted to end up. He didn't seem to get anywhere.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
Has anyone mentioned Qyburn yet? I'm curious if he will play any role how this all plays out. I mean he brought the Mountain back, and was very interested in the dead hand.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Did The Mountain shrink or what? He looked like a typical male height this episode when a couple seasons ago he positively towered over people.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011

I get he liked to stir the shit but I guess I missed where he wanted to end up. He didn't seem to get anywhere.

To rule the world.

He went from a peasant to kinda ruler of the Vale, he went pretty far.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Ned had a hand in Jamie having the "a man without honor, a kingslayer" reputation. Another Stark (Bran) can restore it since he can "witness" real reason Jaime killed Aerys. Jaime meeting Bran could complete his redemption arc since he is going to Winterfell. Bran was pushed to his fall by Jaime's left hand, later, while warged into Hodor, Bran killed the man that cut Jaime's right hand off.

Though it does seem like a D&D thing to have Jaime get to Winterfell, make peace with Bran and have Jaime fully restored as hero with the audience (and the population of Westeros) only to have Arya kill him then and take his identity to go to Kings Landing and kill Cersei.
Jaime might get a new nickname if the survives the Bran encounter.
Wouldn't Arya already have a face to get into King's Landing? She could use Baelish's mask. IIRC Baelish still isn't on the Lannister's wrong side.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

He creates chaos, then takes advantage of it so he can climb the ranks. It worked very well for him, until...

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Has anyone mentioned Qyburn yet? I'm curious if he will play any role how this all plays out. I mean he brought the Mountain back, and was very interested in the dead hand.
He's definitely playing with the corpse in his lab. Maybe he concocts something that would give the Lannisters something to fight the walkers with.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

I'm more worried about the WWs goal and motivation. If they just end up being a silent advancing death army I'm going to be pissed off!
I get that the first one was made to fight the first men but if that's all they end up being they are going to be a bit hollow. I'm pretty much burned out on hordes of dead with no motivation apart from killing the living.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
I'm pretty sure that while he can see everything, he doesn't know and hasn't seen everything. He specifically has to look for (or be shown?) a thing to know it. He knew about Jon, but didn't understand the other circumstances around it for example.

So he's not really Google, but Bing.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
I'm more worried about the WWs goal and motivation. If they just end up being a silent advancing death army I'm going to be pissed off!
I get that the first one was made to fight the first men but if that's all they end up being they are going to be a bit hollow. I'm pretty much burned out on hordes of dead with no motivation apart from killing the living.

White Walkers haven't said anything

Night King hasn't said anything

they can probably communicate but the TV show people haven't bother to show it, so I don't expect any change from that

I want to agree, but after digesting it a bit, the build up scenes for it just seem wrong. Either they were putting on a show (for whom? we never saw anyone spying...) or the writers were just being dicks by putting in scenes that have no plausible explanation when we consider how it played out.

TV show writers are working on closing and/or accelerating story lines and the quality of the show is suffering at times due to the limited # of episodes remaining to work with

CGI dragons have not been worth the change from 10 episode to 7 episode format even though the 7 episode have longer length to try to make up for the change

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
White Walkers haven't said anything

Night King hasn't said anything

they can probably communicate but the TV show people haven't bother to show it, so I don't expect any change from that

TV show writers are working on closing and/or accelerating story lines and the quality of the show is suffering at times due to the limited # of episodes remaining to work with

CGI dragons have not been worth the change from 10 episode to 7 episode format even though the 7 episode have longer length to try to make up for the change

they communicate with that screeching noise

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I totally called Littefinger bitting it the last episode.
As soon as that scene started and they showed Arya walking in with Litle Finger on the side with that fucking smirk I want to slap off his face every time I see him, I went to my wife "Little Finger is not making it out of here alive he has been played." It was pretty obvious to me that was coming.

The actor that lays him just really bothers me. I have not liked him since I first saw him as the major on The Wire.