Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 520 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Season 8 Promo

rjsjz14n3eiz.jpg

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
He'll kill her in the end.
It sure looks that way, although it will be a bit obvious.

I was extremely happy to see that Cerci was completely lying to their faces about allying with them though. When Tyrion walked back and she followed and everything was all roses with everyone, I was like WTF this is so out of place for Cerci.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
yea im curious as to what deal they came up with as the scene ended with the "your preggers" line

im gonna guess based on all the succession talk about danny not being able to have kids that tyrion spun it as your child will live and potentially rule (the fam lives on) but we all may die in the process or some BS. this kinda would explain why hes seemingly not happy about jon boning danny as he would take over if she died (assuming marrage) also they kinda telegraphed the fact that danny prob is not barren, and that kinda fucks everything up if true

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
yea im curious as to what deal they came up with as the scene ended with the "your preggers" line

im gonna guess based on all the succession talk about danny not being able to have kids that tyrion spun it as your child will live and potentially rule (the fam lives on) but we all may die in the process or some BS. this kinda would explain why hes seemingly not happy about jon boning danny as he would take over if she died (assuming marrage) also they kinda telegraphed the fact that danny prob is not barren, and that kinda fucks everything up if true
I agree with all of this.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Ned had a hand in Jamie having the "a man without honor, a kingslayer" reputation. Another Stark (Bran) can restore it since he can "witness" real reason Jaime killed Aerys. Jaime meeting Bran could complete his redemption arc since he is going to Winterfell. Bran was pushed to his fall by Jaime's left hand, later, while warged into Hodor, Bran killed the man that cut Jaime's right hand off.

Though it does seem like a D&D thing to have Jaime get to Winterfell, make peace with Bran and have Jaime fully restored as hero with the audience (and the population of Westeros) only to have Arya kill him then and take his identity to go to Kings Landing and kill Cersei.

Jon/Aegon, Daenerys and the child they might be having is at least one too many to survive season 8. Arya is too good of an instrument for D&D to pass on, they won't resist using Arya to create a tragic moment. Probably Arya killing Daenerys or Arya dying while wearing a face of an antagonist, likely Cersei.

Picture this scene: Cersei poisons and kills Daenerys, Jon is in rage mode but Arya gets to her first, kills her and (insert stupid reason) takes Cersei's face, Jon kills Arya.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008

I think Tyrion being the master player he is probably had some part of Cersei backing out of the deal behind everybody's back. Her comment about Jaime being the "stupidest Lannister" indicates to me that Tyrion and her hatched this idea. As much as Tyrion wants Danny to win, he still has this deep desire and love for his family to live on. Hence his devastation when Danny's army smoked Jaime's that one episode.

In Cersei's eyes, it's her (and her unborn now) against the world, and she knows she is probably going down. There's really no reason for her to fight alongside Danny and Jon, only for Danny to then turn around and take her out anyway. She'd rather see her enemies die at the hands of the dead (then probably herself) before she risks her army and position to help save the world.

Elganja

Platinum Member
May 21, 2007
I think Tyrion being the master player he is probably had some part of Cersei backing out of the deal behind everybody's back. Her comment about Jaime being the "stupidest Lannister" indicates to me that Tyrion and her hatched this idea. As much as Tyrion wants Danny to win, he still has this deep desire and love for his family to live on. Hence his devastation when Danny's army smoked Jaime's that one episode.

In Cersei's eyes, it's her (and her unborn now) against the world, and she knows she is probably going down. There's really no reason for her to fight alongside Danny and Jon, only for Danny to then turn around and take her out anyway. She'd rather see her enemies die at the hands of the dead (then probably herself) before she risks her army and position to help save the world.

I think there is a lot of merit to this... I think Tyrion is going to betray Danny. I'm very curious what he could have said to Cersei, but right now his is being painted in a bad light

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Oh so being born in Dorn (not necessarily from Dornish parents) would qualify him to get the "Sand" name?

Yeah. Oberon's paramour, Elaria Sand (the mother of those Sand Snakes) was (is?) a Dornish bastard. Bastards take the name of the defining characteristic of their region, I guess. When Oberon and Elaria first arrived in KL back in season 4, there was a conversation about this between them and Tyrion, I believe, about her Sand name and how the Dornish don't attach the same stigma to bastards.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Well, we already know that none of this really matters for Tyrion because we know that Cerci is already plotting against them. I'm sure this will only bother him for a week or so.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I think there is a lot of merit to this... I think Tyrion is going to betray Danny. I'm very curious what he could have said to Cersei, but right now his is being painted in a bad light

I think it is extremely likely that based on what we know, Tyrion is a Targaryen as well and that will be revealed at some point. So if he does betray her, he will be betraying two family members (her and Jon Snow).

Reactions: Homerboy

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
It only makes the story more complex, and the internal struggle of the characters even more so - Jon is loyal to House Stark (and now house Targ.) and Tyrion while currently loyal to house Targ, is also obviously still attached to house Lannister, too.

Characters will undoubtedly be forced to chose a side for good at one point or another.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Yeah. Oberon's paramour, Elaria Sand (the mother of those Sand Snakes) was (is?) a Dornish bastard. Bastards take the name of the defining characteristic of their region, I guess. When Oberon and Elaria first arrived in KL back in season 4, there was a conversation about this between them and Tyrion, I believe, about her Sand name and how the Dornish don't attach the same stigma to bastards.

Right - I get all that. I just didn't realize that the bastard name was taken from WHERE the bastard was born. I thought it had to do more with who the bastard was a child of and not where they were physically born. If that's the case it's safe to assume that Jon's fabricated backstory had him being born in The North to earn the name "Snow"

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
So the real question is if podrick is still in a brothel having fun with bronn with his magic cock.