Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 519 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Anyone else notice that the dude that played Viserys in s1 was the same dude playing Rheagar in Bran's vision this episode? Of course you all noticed. Anyone would be confused.

Was that him? I saw it looked a bit like him, but I figured that was just how they made him up so he'd "look Targaryen"

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Anyone else notice that the dude that played Viserys in s1 was the same dude playing Rheagar in Bran's vision this episode? Of course you all noticed. Anyone would be confused.

Different actors, sorry. They don't even look the same except the white wig. :D

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Poor Littlefinger, he never got to tap some Stark ass.

EDIT: I forgot he was married to Lysa so I guess he did. Didn't get any he really wanted though. lol

Last edited:

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I was a bit disappointed with Rhaegar's look. I always pictured him as a younger non scarred Geralt from the Witcher.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Different actors, sorry. They don't even look the same except the white wig. :D

it was the same hair though (not just the color, the whole everything). didn't really see his face, but same stature and profile and everything.

if it was a fucking Francesca painting you would say it was the same human! :colbert:

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Makes Googling quite awkward since Rhaegar's other son was named Aegon too. :p

Yeah but there was some other book related info about Rhaegar that made it make sense. I was surprised about the name at first as I knew his first son was named that but the book info cleared that up.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Yeah but there was some other book related info about Rhaegar that made it make sense. I was surprised about the name at first as I knew his first son was named that but the book info cleared that up.

Yeah, I saw that in some article written about the name.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
dude! a man and his aunt vs brother and sister? jon and danny are tame in comparison

no, to be honest...brother and sister is kinda, well "normal" when it comes to incest. You grow up with them, you have the same hormones, you're curious, and shit just happens.

Aunt and nephew is just all kinds of fucked up (or in the reverse direction). Obviously, this situation in GoT world is different, but since we are just doing a general comparison, you are typically comparing authority vs subservience. parent vs child. Aunt fucking her nephew, in general, is no different than a Mom fucking her son. You're commonly dealing with different generations with this issue.

again, this is obviously a different and unique situation, but when you argue on general terms, there really is no comparison.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Arya calls dibs on Little Finger's face! Wonder if she'll use it at Kings Landing.

I was watching a youtube video and saying Season 8 of course will have six episodes but I was surprised that they'll be 90 minutes a pop.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
so what happened to Melisandre?

they just decided to end her story?

also Little Finger deserved a better ending than getting his neck slice by Arya for all the shit he stirred up

also regarding Little Finger's death, if Robyn becomes the ruler of the Vale after Little Finger's death and the Vale still supports the North, then I call bullshit

Robyn very much liked Little Finger and is more likely to accuse the Starks of assassinating Little Finger than believing Little Finger killed his mother

Last edited:

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
The only reason I could see for them not taking the horses is that they would be more problems than they are worth. Horses need a lot of food, and there is nothing for them to graze on north of the wall, so they would have to carry all the food the horses would need, on top of that horses are not very good in deep snow or rocky terrain, both of which they were expecting to encounter. Uncle Deus Ex Machina rode in on his plot horse because the story demanded it, then died because he was no longer needed. Plot horses don't need food and can ride on rocky terrain in deep snow with no problems.
The real reason is because horses cost more money so its cheaper to forgo having any horses on-set.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
no, to be honest...brother and sister is kinda, well "normal" when it comes to incest. You grow up with them, you have the same hormones, you're curious, and shit just happens.

Aunt and nephew is just all kinds of fucked up (or in the reverse direction). Obviously, this situation in GoT world is different, but since we are just doing a general comparison, you are typically comparing authority vs subservience. parent vs child. Aunt fucking her nephew, in general, is no different than a Mom fucking her son. You're commonly dealing with different generations with this issue.

again, this is obviously a different and unique situation, but when you argue on general terms, there really is no comparison.
If Dany was your aunt and she had the hots for you, would you turn her down?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
so what happened to Melisandre?

they just decided to end her story?

also Little Finger deserved a better ending than getting his neck slice by Arya for all the shit he stirred up

also regarding Little Finger's death, if Robyn becomes the ruler of the Vale after Little Finger's death and the Vale still supports the North, then I call bullshit

Robyn very much liked Little Finger and is more likely to accuse the Starks of assassinating Little Finger than believing Little Finger killed his mother
I think Arya and Sansa should have dealt with Little finger in private so Arya would take his face and command the Vale with no one the wiser.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I love how after the decision is made to go by boat, it cuts to Jorah and he makes that look.

That look of resignation, that look that says 'I know full well my lady's junk is about to get plowed.'

Winter is ***ing!

Tyrion and Jorah, on deck:

JORAH: The sea looks like a mirror tonight. I don't understand why the boat is rocking back and forth so hard!
TYRION: Uh huh <looks down at his feet>

Ser Friend Zone's last hope is that once Jon learns he's dipping is pen into the family ink well, he'll back off and he'll have one last shot at Jon's Aunt Dany.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I think Arya and Sansa should have dealt with Little finger in private so Arya would take his face and command the Vale with no one the wiser.

Good point. I'm sure she did take his face and will head south, though I still think that ultimately, Jaime ends Cersei.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
I know they start filming next month, does season 8 have a shot of airing in 2018? That would suck to wait over a year to wrap this up