Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 509 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The torrents are dark, and full of terrors.

lol.

I'm just cheering him on for the beer and weed, assuming he will forget to steal the show and pass out, and hopefully not murder his niece and nephew.

Edit: Oh and can someone please shoot Jedi? that fucker has always been a complete stain on this thread. Can't believe he is still commenting not only about pirating content, but is spoiling pirated content in this thread, days in advance of legal release.

fucking unbelievable, that little shit.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
What did the note that little finger planted for Arya say?

"Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good King Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with reason. He conspired with Robert's brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King's Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark."

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
By the way, is there any app or something which prevents any GOT article from being shown on any of your social media apps? I heard there was once. Bloody spoilers everywhere.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Spoiling a leaked episode is a pretty lame thing to do.

Along those lines, as an interesting question of ethics and such.... if you have an active HBO subscription, do you consider it wrong to acquire the leaked episode? You're getting it a few days ahead of time of when you would've legally watched it anyway. I guess you could say that it isn't okay because it hasn't been properly released yet? (Albeit, this was from HBO.) I guess a parallel would be like downloading a movie for which you've pre-ordered the Blu-ray.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
By the way, is there any app or something which prevents any GOT article from being shown on any of your social media apps? I heard there was once. Bloody spoilers everywhere.
you can use Social Fixer for facebook with a custom filter. i have mine set to block anything political

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

Along those lines, as an interesting question of ethics and such.... if you have an active HBO subscription, do you consider it wrong to acquire the leaked episode? You're getting it a few days ahead of time of when you would've legally watched it anyway. I guess you could say that it isn't okay because it hasn't been properly released yet? (Albeit, this was from HBO.) I guess a parallel would be like downloading a movie for which you've pre-ordered the Blu-ray.
The sound quality of the release alone is enough to make me not watch it. I can wait a few days to get the real experience in my HT.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

no i do not consider it wrong at all. i pay for an HBO cable subscription, i own seasons 1-6 on bluray and will have 7 when available and TBH ive downloaded every single episode as it airs for the past 7 or so years

they are getting my money 2x already, i sleep fine at night

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
At their current speed, the White Walkers will reach King's Landing in season 31

DHQdGhAWsAAX4l6.jpg

midwestfisherman

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2003
He's trying to cause a divide between the two.

Sansa thinks Arya is now some kind of violence seeking wacko, while Ayra thinks Sansa is a disloyal sister who seeks power for herself.

Arya is a wrench in Littlefinger's plot (whatever it's end game may be) and he is trying to make sure that Arya can't do anything to stop it.

I really want to see Arya slit Little Finger's throat!

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
At their current speed, the White Walkers will reach King's Landing in season 31
Didn;t you hear they have a :eek:

Also who lent a speedboat to Jon? That or GoT realm is the size of New York, so far as voyages are concerned.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
It's not that Jon is traveling so fast, it's that the army of the dead is moving so slowly. They're zombie trudging through waist deep snow and none of them have shovels, skis, sleds or snowshoes. Christ, it's like they're getting paid by the day rather than by the mile.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Folks, please stop talking about the episodes that have been pirated, and the fact that some of you are pirating.

It's against the rules.

1) Talking about piracy is OK

2) Telling people how to pirate or how to get around copy protection is not OK.

3) One can talk about having pirated and it's impact on their opinions about issues or the affect it had on your life or things in this sort of line of discussion. You can't talk about what you pirated (unless there is a specific reason that it was necessary other than bragging) and you can't talk about ongoing pirating activities.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/can-someone-take-the-trash-out.247103/page-2#post-27076922

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I would never spoil anyones series..not cool. Just a little joke with Tallbill. Anyone who posts spoilers should die.

Reactions: TallBill