Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 508 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
That reveal already happened, back when Bran went on his trip through the past.
Not really. Back then the presumption was that Rhaegar was not married to Lyanna and that Jon was a bastard either way. They didn't even confirm that it was Jon, though we all know that Ned came back with a baby after that.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
...and also because Robert was in love with Lyanna and honestly believed she was kidnapped against her will. Heck, he started his rebellion over rescuing her, which was technically misguided. Regardless of Jon's claim to the throne, Robert couldn't stand the idea that Lyanna loved someone else.

Technically Roberts rebellion didn't start until the mad king burned Rickard and Brandon Stark when they went to court to demand Lyanna's return.

It's unlikely the Rebellion would have taken place if he hadn't burned the Starks alive.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
im thinking most of the Brotherhood w/o Banners will be the redshirts in episode 6.

heck, I predict thoros will die, thus beric cant get revived (as human).
they both may come back as wrights.

and how exactly do you win w/o dragons vs the undead?
even if John can get 100k soldiers (all soldiers from all 7 seven kingdoms), the night king can just recast another raise dead spell?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
j49lJtQ.jpg

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
so HBO in Spain aired ep6 yesterday for like an hour or so online

it exists kinda sorta online right now in the places you might imagine but HBO is going nuts ripping them down. its actually impressive how fast they are vanishing. Some dude was streaming it on instagram live last night from his phone. someone had it on twitch, it was linked on google drive and MEGA but both got nailed pretty fast. its still out there and I imagine itll hit the big ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR soon enough

just a warning, people who have it/have seen it are posting major spoiler images/text all over the place. so you may wanna go GOT dark for a week

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

it exists kinda sorta online right now in the places you might imagine but HBO is going nuts ripping them down. its actually impressive how fast they are vanishing. Some dude was streaming it on instagram live last night from his phone. someone had it on twitch, it was linked on google drive and MEGA but both got nailed pretty fast. its still out there and I imagine itll hit the big ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR soon enough

just a warning, people who have it/have seen it are posting major spoiler images/text all over the place. so you may wanna go GOT dark for a week
damn.. I don't know Spanish :(

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I'm not sure why the whole world is hell-bent on ruining the show, lol. I feel like I have to tread super lightly to avoid any potential spoilers.

God forbid you miss the show by a day -- might as well not even look at your phone/social media.

Reactions: Dr. Zaus

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I'm not sure why the whole world is hell-bent on ruining the show, lol. I feel like I have to tread super lightly to avoid any potential spoilers.

God forbid you miss the show by a day -- might as well not even look at your phone/social media.

I record it Sunday night and watch Monday. And yeah, I have to be REALLY careful in that 24 hour gap.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I have to watch it Sunday because the guys who sit somewhat near me do nothing but talk about GoT for 4 hours Monday morning.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I told a nearby coworker on Monday that I would come over to their desk and slap them across the mouth if they uttered one more syllable regarding this last week's episode.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
I was in Hawaii August 1 - 11. God forbid I went to Facebook or YouTube I had to quickly avert my eyes to avoid discussion/spoilers. Not even safe to go to CNN.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

someone's out of a job for sure....

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002

lol
isn't this the 3rd or 4th time hbo spain and hbo nordic put stuff out early? and the indian distributor 2 weeks ago?

...they could send it out to distributors hours before release but i guess leaking it out is worth more haha.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

No talk of pirating and no spoilers..

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator: