Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 505 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
more people is good, but I think it has more to do with Dany needing to bring her army north without having to worry about Cersei taking Dragonstand and every thing else while she is away.
Ok yeah that makes sense. I guess she can't fight two battles.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Can someone explain the significance of the conversation Sam and Gilley had? That went completely over my head, I'm guessing partially because I still don't know like 1/2 the people in this show by name, only by face.
John is a rightful Targaryen heir - the rightful heir to the throne in their patriarchal society.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I'm pretty sure now that he intends to lay claim to his cousin's nether regions though!
(or she very clearly wants him to, after Drogon seemed to dig Jon--who, I'm guessing, smelled Targaryean blood. And yeah, so Jon is "a real dragon," but not pure Targaryean?)

This is going to be more disturbing than Luke and Leia in Empire, and I'm pretty sure that the Fat Man really wants the audience to be that disturbed. :D

It's been a while since she dumped Daario and she's probably getting a little antsy, especially after hearing about Missandei's fun. The fact that Drogon likes him just amplifies it.

And she's his aunt, not cousin.

Also Percival was a dumbass for getting cooked with his idiot dad. But I guess they had to do it to make Sam Lord Tarly.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Everything that Ned Stark did then could be misconstrued as trying to usurp the throne. The only real proof is was the will which Cersei tore up and trashed as a forgery.

I understand the desire to keep things secret, but it's a room with 100+ soldiers, knights, nobles, etc. It doesn't fit with the universe this show lives that somehow Littlefinger's betrayal of the Starks did not get out.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Whatever happened to the Valyrian sword that sam stole from his home before he went to the citadel?

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
These dragon appearances at last are very satisfying.

Imagine that beastly warmachine dragon screaming at you like that. It's literally -100 to morale.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
I'm slightly confused how a few bro's are gonna go out there and manage to pick off just a few WW'ers while they are all marching in a large pile of death toward the wall? Should be interesting.

Further... Why would Tyrion and crew think Cersei would agree to an armistice to what I assume would be to "help" Danny & JS fight the walkers? Wouldn't it be in her best interest to let JS and company die to the hands of the walkers, all while softening them up for her so her army can defeat them? I mean, not that they COULD defeat the army of the dead, but if I was her... Even if I did believe that threat was real, it wouldn't really seem like a huge win - win.

Lastly, going to be an interesting end to this story long term, with JS being the true King of the 7 kingdoms all while Danny spent the past few years trying her best to take control. With he and her having this unspoken love thing... will be interesting for sure.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wonder of Benjen is going to join up with Jon.

Benjen might just be the "Dead thing" that they are successfully able to bring back. Or is his magic preventing him from passing beyond the wall, such that he turns into some icicle or something?

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Benjen might just be the "Dead thing" that they are successfully able to bring back. Or is his magic preventing him from passing beyond the wall, such that he turns into some icicle or something?
I think maybe he is the one to help them catch a Wight. Maybe Benjen can just whistle while sneaking into the alt right parade without the Night King noticing. Then just as casually walk out with his kidnapping.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
please explain. ive read the other post on this and im not following.
If I'm following, it is that the Targaryan dude and Ed Stark's sister were actually married when Jon Snow was conceived/born, and later had their marriage annulled.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
If I'm following, it is that the Targaryan dude and Ed Stark's sister were actually married when Jon Snow was conceived/born, and later had their marriage annulled.
No, the opposite, kind of. Prince Targaryan was married to his wife (a Martell), had that annulled and secretly married Lyanna Stark. That's what makes Jon Snow the rightful heir, otherwise he'd just be some bastard (what everybody thinks).

Secretly, however, his marriage to Elia had been annulled and he remarried to Lyanna Stark. Together, the two secretly had a son: Jon Snow, who was raised by Lyanna's brother Eddard Stark as his bastard son to protect the child from those that sought the destruction of House Targaryen after Robert's Rebellion.

Last edited:

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007

Other way around. Targaryen dude had his marriage to Martell lady annulled.

Then he hooked up with the Stark chick, and had Jon Targaryen.

This makes Jon the rightful King of Westeros, maybe.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Oh okay gotcha. I was half paying attention in that scene so I don't recall any details of the dialog really.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Oh okay gotcha. I was half paying attention in that scene so I don't recall any details of the dialog really.
The scene doesn't really give details, just that one of the maester's had annulled a marriage for Rhaegar and married him to somebody else (I think that's how Gilly had said it?)

You'd have to remember all of the rumors/details regarding Lyanna's whole story line to link the two things together. I think those scenes from when Bran was doing the time traveling shiz from a season ago gave all of those details.

But either way, it seems that Jonny boy is the actual heir and not Danny, so that could potentially cause a huge rift in later episodes if the two shack up. Or, they do some weird split ruling thing but that's pretty far into the future.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The scene doesn't really give details, just that one of the maester's had annulled a marriage for Rhaegar and married him to somebody else (I think that's how Gilly had said it?)

You'd have to remember all of the rumors/details regarding Lyanna's whole story line to link the two things together. I think those scenes from when Bran was doing the time traveling shiz from a season ago gave all of those details.

But either way, it seems that Jonny boy is the actual heir and not Danny, so that could potentially cause a huge rift in later episodes if the two shack up. Or, they do some weird split ruling thing but that's pretty far into the future.
Yeah I didn't even hear who the annulment was about. I remember her talking about how many steps there were more than the annulment lol.

Reactions: OutHouse

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
Yeah I didn't even hear who the annulment was about. I remember her talking about how many steps there were more than the annulment lol.
Yep, then Sam was all like FIFTEEN THOUSANDS SHITS?!?! WHO CARES, I WANT TO HEAR SOME GOOD JUICY KNOWLEDGE GILLY, NOW FOOK OFF!!! Meanwhile she says the most important thing in the history of the current world.

Reactions: Dr. Zaus

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
What is Arya going to do now that she knows Sansa asked Robb to bend the knee to Joffrey? Little Finger is such a scheming prick. :)

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
What is Arya going to do now that she knows Sansa asked Robb to bend the knee to Joffrey? Little Finger is such a scheming prick. :)

I honestly don't see how anything comes of it. Unless Arya uses it against her if she tries to seize power from Jon. But Sansa could just say that Joffrey was going to have Meryn Trant beat the crap out of her if she refused, so I don't think it would work to discredit her or drive a wedge between them.

I'm not sure what he thinks will happen.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
I honestly don't see how anything comes of it. Unless Arya uses it against her if she tries to seize power from Jon. But Sansa could just say that Joffrey was going to have Meryn Trant beat the crap out of her if she refused, so I don't think it would work to discredit her or drive a wedge between them.

I'm not sure what he thinks will happen.
He's trying to cause a divide between the two.

Sansa thinks Arya is now some kind of violence seeking wacko, while Ayra thinks Sansa is a disloyal sister who seeks power for herself.

Arya is a wrench in Littlefinger's plot (whatever it's end game may be) and he is trying to make sure that Arya can't do anything to stop it.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
He's trying to cause a divide between the two.

Sansa thinks Arya is now some kind of violence seeking wacko, while Ayra thinks Sansa is a disloyal sister who seeks power for herself.

Arya is a wrench in Littlefinger's plot (whatever it's end game may be) and he is trying to make sure that Arya can't do anything to stop it.

Yep,

Seems like the same thing with the Sansa and Jon distrust. Baelish cultivating the seeds of distrust between the two, and creating more chaos.

I kind of wished that Arya had just killed him last night, but we need a bit more suspense I suppose. :)