Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 494 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Suddenly Cersi isn't so surrounded anymore.

Dorne, leaderless and paralyzed unless some random never introduced character shows up with their army.
The Reach, under Cersi's control.
The Stormlands, maybe under Cersi? No idea who they follow now.
The Westerlands, Casterly Rock has new occupants but I'm sure the rest of the kingdom is still quite Lannister.
The Riverlands, occupied by the Lannisters.
The Vale, wrapped around Littlefinger's finger.
The North, depleted but under Jon's control.

So with the exception of the isolated Unsullied in Casterly Rock and the border with the North and the Vale she went from being surrounded to having fairly solid control. Granted I'm sure Dany still has enough ships to land the Dothraki somewhere but they aren't currently doing anything. And we definitely have a spy in Dany's court for them to know to ambush the Unsullied on the other side of the continent at that specific moment.

Either way this episode shows they still have as much time and as many troops as the script requires. I'm guessing that Dany will go after King's Landing next and probably lose a dragon in the process.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Dorne and highgarden down. Dany's fault. Shoulda just crushed Kings Landing. Not like Cercie gives any f's about the people there.

On the other hand, I guess it wouldn't be much of a show if she did do that.

eh, not really. If Cercei really wants Danny, she will have to march on Dragonstone at this point. It is looking like that is Danny's best option now, and a position that Cersei and Jamie can certainly not win against Danny's dragons and her current garrison of Dothraki at a rather impenetrable Dragonstone and, as one would assume, the North (if need-be...and not too terribly distracted by zombies) John is definitely all the more important to her now. John's army would wipe the floor with apathetic Lanister soldiers if that is they way things turn, but I don't think they are heading anywhere...but let's not forget whateverthefuck Arya is about to do as I think she has turned again back towards King's Landing. She wiped out an entire house without much fuss. I also think that Nameria isn't just leaving her, but will likely return with her new pack....when needed. I think that John/Sansa might broker some suicide deal to send the bird army as a tradeoff for Danny's dragonglass: Aid the dragon lady, defeat Cersie, and you get to marry Sansa, you asshole (with the assumption that Littlefinger will be killed)

And I had to poor one out for Lady Oleana this evening. Greatest character in all the show and sad to see her go, but what a fucking way to do it. class and a giant fuck you and fuck your seed all at once.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So with the exception of the isolated Unsullied in Casterly Rock and the border with the North and the Vale she went from being surrounded to having fairly solid control. Granted I'm sure Dany still has enough ships to land the Dothraki somewhere but they aren't currently doing anything. And we definitely have a spy in Dany's court for them to know to ambush the Unsullied on the other side of the continent at that specific moment.

I don't think it was a spy. Jamie rather directly explained to a dead woman (so, no reason for him to lie) that this was his plan, based on learning from his defeat at the hands of Rob Stark and what he knew of Tyrion, to trap and divide Dany's armies.

The only spy that would have made it over there and lived in all these years is Tyrion or Varys, and I just don't think that's possible. ....OK maybe Varys. Never trust a dickless man.

either way, I think there is a near-zero chance of that, based on Jamie's convo with Oleana.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
eh, not really. If Cercei really wants Danny, she will have to march on Dragonstone at this point. It is looking like that is Danny's best option now, and a position that Cersei and Jamie can certainly not win against Danny's dragons and her current garrison of Dothraki at a rather impenetrable Dragonstone and, as one would assume, the North (if need-be...and not too terribly distracted by zombies) John is definitely all the more important to her now. John's army would wipe the floor with apathetic Lanister soldiers if that is they way things turn, but I don't think they are heading anywhere...but let's not forget whateverthefuck Arya is about to do as I think she has turned again back towards King's Landing. She wiped out an entire house without much fuss. I also think that Nameria isn't just leaving her, but will likely return with her new pack....when needed. I think that John/Sansa might broker some suicide deal to send the bird army as a tradeoff for Danny's dragonglass: Aid the dragon lady, defeat Cersie, and you get to marry Sansa, you asshole (with the assumption that Littlefinger will be killed)

And I had to poor one out for Lady Oleana this evening. Greatest character in all the show and sad to see her go, but what a fucking way to do it. class and a giant fuck you and fuck your seed all at once.

They have Bran now and he knows, or at least could know, all of Littlefinger's secrets. No way he leaves Winterfell alive if Bran talks.

I don't think it was a spy. Jamie rather directly explained to a dead woman (so, no reason for him to lie) that this was his plan, based on learning from his defeat at the hands of Rob Stark and what he knew of Tyrion, to trap and divide Dany's armies.

The only spy that would have made it over there and lived in all these years is Tyrion or Varys, and I just don't think that's possible. ....OK maybe Varys. Never trust a dickless man.

either way, I think there is a near-zero chance of that, based on Jamie's convo with Oleana.

Then Jamie guessed at the date they would attack Casterly Rock so Euron's fleet would be in position? I know, TV show no such thing as too convenient.

Or perhaps Varys does not know that some of his little birds are now Qyburn's little birds. You have two people on opposite sides utilizing the same spy network and Qyburn gives them candy.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Varys maybe the spy. We all know he hates magic because a sorcerer cut off his weiner. The arrival of Melissandre, the knowledge that Jon was resurrected by her dark arts, may have forced him to choose Cersei.

tumblr_n4x0z2j22l1soalt8o1_250.gif

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
With all those comments, i want to ask a question that is disturbing me. How can a man with dick or balls can have sex with a girl. I am referring to the general of Unsullied army
Assuming you meant 'without'. Didn't you see him going 'downtown'?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Really strong episode. Jaime's redemption arc is a bit better in the books, but Lady Olenna's revelation will definitely conflict his loyalty between Cersei and Tyrion. I hope Brienne somehow factors into the resolution of his character.

Still can't figure out who Varys truly works for, but I suspect there is another power at work that's yet to be revealed.

Would have been nice to see one of the dragons, fittingly Rhaegar, acknowledge Jon Snow.

Also doubt the Dorne storyline ended last night. Bronn to somehow factor into their fates.

Reactions: thejunglegod

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm not going to rehash what a lot of people here already said. I will just say that was a great episode.

Nov 29, 2006
Is this the last season for GoT? Everything seems much more rushed now than previous seasons. Story is moving at a rapid pace vs. what im used to from GoT.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
But Cersei has big crossbows now! :)eyeroll: That was the dumbest thing this season... possibly all seasons).
LOL yeah, and it looks like it has room for 1 arrow only, and they only have 1 of them. Hope the shooter has good accuracy! And it's not like the dragon's can't just, you know, dodge this arrow coming at them.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
LOL yeah, and it looks like it has room for 1 arrow only, and they only have 1 of them. Hope the shooter has good accuracy! And it's not like the dragon's can't just, you know, dodge this arrow coming at them.

But it'll work brilliantly if the dragon's head is ten feet away. It's foolproof.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
But Cersei has big crossbows now! :)eyeroll: That was the dumbest thing this season... possibly all seasons).
Yeah, the dragons are so OP'd they needed a plot device to deal with them. As pointed out above, straight out of LOTR. In this case the anti air defence from lake town.

It will all build up to climax with what is left of the armies to fight the dead, being horrible outnumbered. A desperate, seemingly hopeless, battle with a "The eagles are coming!" moment. Hopefully this is way off base, and they do something clever.

It will be great when all the southerners get their first look at the WWs though. Bricks will be shat.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Even if they had 100s of them, the dragons have.... uh... the ENTIRE SKY to fly around in and avoid them. From horizon to horizon in 360 degrees. I can't imagine they are quick to aim and reload either. It's just stupid.

This is one of the things that I laugh about in this show too. They have to be some of the dumbest people/species to have every lived. They have been around for centuries and THOUSANDS of years, the Citadel does nothing but study and learn for eons... and they are still stuck fighting with swords and arrows? They inhabit the same castles and keeps that their ancestors lived in for countless generations. There's absolutely zero advancement in this society.