Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 493 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
As a book reader, what sucks watching them now is that I don't know who is going to die. Every seen I think "oh this is where XYZ is going to bite it... because SOMEBODY is dying soon"

That being said, you can write Greyworm or whats-her-name with the cute butt dimples to be axed next week. That's why they had them in that "I love you" scene that we've already seen them do.

Yeah, I feel that Greyworm has the axe over his head now after rubbing uglies with Queen titties.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I was thinking greyworm was chosen leader because he wasn't snipped.
Guess there goes that theory

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
If Tormund dies will Brienne mourn him even a tiny bit? If Grey Worm dies I'mma gonna cry.

My guess is no...
HcZxflJ.jpg

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Here is how i think the TV series will play out:

Jon goes south. Finds out by raven he is a Targaryen after Bran spills the beans to Sansa. Jon meets with Dany, they get married and bang, because marrying within their own blood is what Targaryen's do. Dany teaches Jon to ride one of the dragons, and he is particularly good at it because he is both a Targaryen and a warg. They use the dragons to destroy the iron fleet and Casterly Rock. Theon saves Yara and kills Uron. Destroying her hometown and her fleet throws Cersei into a rage and she attacks the Dornish who are besieging Kings Landing, only to be defeated as Jon/Dany/both ride in on their Dragons and melt Sir Gregor. Cersei dies - potentially killed by Arya Stark. Qyburn also dies in some horrific fashion. One of the dragons will be wounded during the fight with the Lannisters (by the arbalest shown in the last episode). The 7 kingdoms then unite behind Dany. Sansa is named warden of the North. Petyr Balish tries to force himself on her and is rebuffed. He flees and is ultimately killed in some satisfactory way.

Jon and Dany bang a lot and begin mining dragonstone for dragonglass per Sam's advice. They also start collecting valerian weapons and sending them north. Meanwhile, the night king sacks east watch by the sea and either bypasses the wall or somehow causes it to fall. He then heads south with a massive and growing undead army. An army formed of the knights watch, the wildlings, and the brotherhood without banners attacks the undead army to slow them down and is defeated. Sandor Clegane survives and flees to tell Dany and Jon of the encroaching undead. Meanwhile, the night king and his army destroy town after town, with the new corpses being converted to wights.

Desperate, Dany and Jon lead an army north to fight - this time with Bran riding or warging the third (previously wounded) dragon (because the greenseer tells him he will never walk, but he will learn to fly). During the ensuing battle(s), the wounded dragon is killed and is converted to an undead ice dragon. Bran is saved but is gravely injured. While recovering/knocked out he has a green vision that shows him how to permanently defeat the knight king. He recovers enough to tell Jon and Dany, and then he dies. The show climaxes with a giant battle where Jon/Dany defeat the undead ice dragon and roast the undead army. The ice king is ultimately defeated by Jon or Dany (whoever turns out to be the prince who was promised), potentially by removing a dragonglass shard from his torso. Many big characters will die - Jaime, Brienne, Tormund, Dolorous Ed, Yara, Theon (redeemed), Davos, Lyanna Mormont, Benjen Stark, Greyworm, Sandor Clegane, Podrick Payne, Ser Bronne, etc. Speaking of Bronne - I think he will be reunited with Tyrion and ultimately brought back into his service.

In the end - Westeros will be bloodied but will survive. All will be hunky dory with Queen Dany and King Jon. Final episode(s) will include something about Dany being pregnant with Jon's baby, or with them holding their infant child. In GRRM fashion, John and/or Dany might die or be on their deathbed just before or after the child is born.

Note - I have completely different (though in some ways consistent) theories about how the books will play out.

Last edited:
Reactions: thejunglegod

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Bran is the Night King (worgs into him in his visions). Cersei's forces kill Danaerys, gains control of the dragons, and all the armies. Bran the Night King joins forces with Jon to defeat cersei. Series ends with the 1000 year winter.

That would be great

Last edited:

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I get the feeling Jamie will be the one to kill Cersi. Probably for to the exact same reason he killed the mad king, she will order the city exploded. You can see now that he looks at her very differently since she blew up the sept.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
ahh.. meaning her direwolf isn't that way. (ie: being by arya's side)
thx
I believe it was more of a reference that she is not going back to winterfell after all as that is no longer her to hide with her family when she has business to do.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I get the feeling Jamie will be the one to kill Cersi. Probably for to the exact same reason he killed the mad king, she will order the city exploded. You can see now that he looks at her very differently since she blew up the sept.

Poetry.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I believe it was more of a reference that she is not going back to winterfell after all as that is no longer her to hide with her family when she has business to do.

They explained it after the show. Was meant that they both changed since they were first together and they are not the same person/animal before they forged their own ways. Not you mean, not a companion anymore but a leader of your own pack.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Yeah I think she is still going back especially since she really liked Jon due to him being the only one that wanted her to be herself and gave her Needle. She will probably end up killing Littlefinger or something.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
As a book reader, what sucks watching them now is that I don't know who is going to die. Every seen I think "oh this is where XYZ is going to bite it... because SOMEBODY is dying soon"

That being said, you can write Greyworm or whats-her-name with the cute butt dimples to be axed next week. That's why they had them in that "I love you" scene that we've already seen them do.

I hope not, she's been my fav for awhile now. That scene just made it even better. A little thin, but tops. Other than maybe Tyrion's girl he killed, forget her name. Her accent and looks, was very exotic.

The season 7 will end with a major death, in my opinion it will be Cercie this time. In the last episode the white walkers will invade the wall and enter in the North. Season 8 will be last season where every one will unite against them.

I would be happy with this. I want Cercie gone. I want Jon to rule all, maybe even with Daenerys.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
What happened to danys lover, Dario and his 2000 mercs?
She left him to guard/rule mareen while she is gone?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Yep. There's a reason he's still wearing his kingsguard armor instead of the getup that Cersi's got everyone running around in.

Also: I don't think he'll be successful. I think the mountain will rip his arms off when he tries, then Cersi will be alone and flip the F out.

Also: I think the reason why nobody was stationed at Dragonstone is because it's got that napalm shit buried under it, and everyone knew it 30 years ago when the mad king was deposed, and have since forgotten why nobody held that castle. Gonna wipe out Dany's army when she isn't looking.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Also: I think the reason why nobody was stationed at Dragonstone is because it's got that napalm shit buried under it, and everyone knew it 30 years ago when the mad king was deposed, and have since forgotten why nobody held that castle. Gonna wipe out Dany's army when she isn't looking.

Stannis was Lord of Dragonstone for years until leaving to die in the North. I don't believe the mad king stashed any there as it has never been stated and it was where his family was hiding. As far as I know this is the only time since it was built that Dragonstone was empty, it is just too good of a defensive fortification in a very strategic location to leave open. I did bring up the possibility that Cersi could have had some wildfire hidden there last week but other people disagreed with me.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Stannis was Lord of Dragonstone for years until leaving to die in the North. I don't believe the mad king stashed any there as it has never been stated and it was where his family was hiding. As far as I know this is the only time since it was built that Dragonstone was empty, it is just too good of a defensive fortification in a very strategic location to leave open. I did bring up the possibility that Cersi could have had some wildfire hidden there last week but other people disagreed with me.
I thought the notion was that the the mad king went so 'mad' that he was believing everyone was against him, and started basically rigging his entire kingdom to go? Why would he leave out the 'center of the corruption' (aka his own kingdom's capitol), if he was that crazy?

I mean, maybe it was only King's Landing, just a theory of course.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I thought the notion was that the the mad king went so 'mad' that he was believing everyone was against him, and started basically rigging his entire kingdom to go? Why would he leave out the 'center of the corruption' (aka his own kingdom's capitol), if he was that crazy?

I mean, maybe it was only King's Landing, just a theory of course.

I don't think his crazyness included his own children who were sent to Dragonstone to be safe. The capitol of his kingdom was King's Landing, Dragonstone was the family castle and where the heir to the throne usually ruled. Everything we know has been told through Jamie who is the only one left alive that knew the extent of the mad kings plans only has King's Landing being rigged to blow. Anything beyond that is a guess.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Great episode! Kinda weird to see Tyrion being out-maneuvered. Maybe Tyrion let his emotions get to him in advising to take a largely worthless Casterly Rock, thinking how good it would feel to take his family's castle.

Danaerys will need the North's help now it seems.

Last edited:

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Great episode! Kinda weird to see Tyrion being out-maneuvered. Maybe Tyrion let his emotions get to him in advising to take a largely worthless Casterly Rock, thinking how good it would feel to take his family's castle.

Danaerys will need the North's help now it seems.

Or perhaps Tyrion is working as a double agent for House Lannister. Hmmmmm

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Dorne and highgarden down. Dany's fault. Shoulda just crushed Kings Landing. Not like Cercie gives any f's about the people there.

On the other hand, I guess it wouldn't be much of a show if she did do that.