Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 492 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
My wife sent met this, I didn't notice it. Looks like manning Eastwatch may be irrelevent.
MADRQL4.png

Pointless wall is pointless.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Well, I'd say in this instance, the wall has done it's job perfectly fine for 1000s of years. Seems like it was a good investment to me.

While mostly true that is little solace to the people that are about to meet the ice man and his band of rotting corpses.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I don't know if this is a "book spoiler" or not. I thought it was an interesting take on a scene in Sunday's episode and a interesting theory on the show and the fate of the remaining books themselves

https://theringer.com/sam-tarly-george-rr-martin-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-game-of-thrones-ac9f3c6721d6

That's funny but could be true. Be careful reading that stuff as some of my favorite theories since the beginning of the show have almost been confirmed as going to happen. And I prefer to have them be wild theories until it happens.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
It's time for Danny to die, and John to take the dragons over.

As a book reader, what sucks watching them now is that I don't know who is going to die. Every seen I think "oh this is where XYZ is going to bite it... because SOMEBODY is dying soon"

That being said, you can write Greyworm or whats-her-name with the cute butt dimples to be axed next week. That's why they had them in that "I love you" scene that we've already seen them do.

Bubbleawsome

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2013
Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but some people are thinking..

The wall may have lost its magic because they let Bran in and he was touched by the night king

Also I kinda like Danny. I hope Jon and her work well together. I'm worried Littlefinger will cause issues while Jon is away though :(

Reactions: Pick2

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I don't know if this is a "book spoiler" or not. I thought it was an interesting take on a scene in Sunday's episode and a interesting theory on the show and the fate of the remaining books themselves

At this point it seems optimistic to think GRRM will finish book 6 in his lifetime and nearly impossible to believe that he could finish #7 even if he lived to be older than the wall itself. People who are predicting 8 books are living in a fantasy world of Snarks and Grumkins.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Still to come:

Greyworm dies
Tormund dies
Jon finds out who he is
Bran breaks the wall
Ice Dragon

Those were my guesses at the start of the season.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
At this point it seems optimistic to think GRRM will finish book 6 in his lifetime and nearly impossible to believe that he could finish #7 even if he lived to be older than the wall itself. People who are predicting 8 books are living in a fantasy world of Snarks and Grumkins.

Maybe Sanderson can finish these books as well!

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
Still to come:

Greyworm dies
Tormund dies
Jon finds out who he is
Bran breaks the wall
Ice Dragon

Those were my guesses at the start of the season.
If Tormund dies will Brienne mourn him even a tiny bit? If Grey Worm dies I'mma gonna cry.

You sure about that? GRRM usually shits on the good guys.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

Not to change the subject too much, but has GRRM ever violated the "rules" of the world he has created for GoT? I think of all the shocking things that his characters have done or have had happened to them, but it all seems to make some kind of sense in the end. Or am I wrong?

I hate lazy writers who have characters act totally out of character to advance a plot. GRRM seems to be writing at least somewhat smarter than that.

Last edited:

nathanddrews

Graphics Cards, CPU Moderator
Aug 9, 2016
www.youtube.com
My professional opinion based upon half watching all prior seasons while playing videogames is that:
Snow is the lineage of both walkers and dragons and will defeat the two extremes to the north (Ice King) and to the south (Dragon Queen) with his secret hybrid dragonwolf powers, but it will kill him, resulting in Sansa taking over everything.