Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 477 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
As if that weren't enough, HBO launched a “Honor The Fallen” merchandise sale with a notable omission: http://store.hbo.com/memorium/index...-HBO-001372&pa=EMC_HBO_20150721_GOTInMemoriam

I like how even that one white walker was put on that list.

Then again, so was The Mountain, and he's pretty blatantly not dead.

I was going to say Benjen Stark was also omitted, but he doesn't seem to have any merchandise in the first place :(

You have to admit, as annoying as it would be (and as much as it wouldn't really fit the story), it'd be hilarious if this was all part of a grand troll. I don't think the internet could take the backlash to that.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Kit Harington back in Belfast:

2ABF856B00000578-0-image-m-12_1437571971047.jpg

As if that weren't enough, HBO launched a “Honor The Fallen” merchandise sale with a notable omission: http://store.hbo.com/memorium/index...-HBO-001372&pa=EMC_HBO_20150721_GOTInMemoriam

Add #hairwatch to the equation, pretty clear HBO/Harington intend to use loopholes in legalese statements previously made to explain his reappearance.

I knew it

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
You have to admit, as annoying as it would be (and as much as it wouldn't really fit the story), it'd be hilarious if this was all part of a grand troll. I don't think the internet could take the backlash to that.
Definitely a troll. Pretty soon it will be too obvious for even the show to deny.
Jon is coming back just like Lady Stoneheart.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
Definitely a troll. Pretty soon it will be too obvious for even the show to deny.
Jon is coming back just like Lady Stoneheart.

I meant it'd be hilarious if the hints that Jon is coming back are the troll. Not Kit Harrington's statements that he won't.

I mean, like if Kit was hanging around Belfast incognito (well, sort of) when he wasn't actually shooting in the first place, just to confuse people.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Kit Harington back in Belfast:

2ABF856B00000578-0-image-m-12_1437571971047.jpg

Add #hairwatch to the equation, pretty clear HBO/Harington intend to use loopholes in legalese statements previously made to explain his reappearance.

No Jon, no Syrio either.

Yet both Sandor and Gregor Clegane are included and there's no evidence that they're dead. So take the page with a grain of salt, it's hardly a definitive list of who's alive and who's croaked.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
I meant it'd be hilarious if the hints that Jon is coming back are the troll. Not Kit Harrington's statements that he won't.

I mean, like if Kit was hanging around Belfast incognito (well, sort of) when he wasn't actually shooting in the first place, just to confuse people.

Yeah it'll be funny if episode 1 shows the watch burning Jon's dead body into ashes. But I think he's coming back.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015

Oh, ok. But time is money for guys like this. If they're even a little bit motivated, they're not going to have huge gaps between shooting. And someone like this probably has casting agents beating a path to his door. So if he's really just hanging out, then either he doesn't have his next gig lined up, which I find hard to believe, or it doesn't start for such a long time that he can afford to putz around.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Kit has at least one movie lined up already, he will be in "Brimstone" with Carice Van Houten (Melisandre from the show)

With his schedule it's unlikely he's stopping by just to say hi to other cast members and playing a dead body doesn't take long, that's assuming they would even need him there while news articles claim he is still in Belfast.

Syrio has unfortunately been confirmed dead:

https://twitter.com/miltosyerolemou/status/610268078539186176

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Kit has at least one movie lined up already, he will be in "Brimstone" with Carice Van Houten (Melisandre from the show)

With his schedule it's unlikely he's stopping by just to say hi to other cast members and playing a dead body doesn't take long, that's assuming they would even need him there while news articles claim he is still in Belfast.

You know nothing, Rick James Astley.

#SyrioLives!

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

Keeping his hair in character is more commitment than you imply.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I notice that all the people in the know (connected to the show, the actor himself etc) all seem to say that he's "really dead", trying to convince people that he's gone for good. That seems like a very politician-like statement, where you seem to be saying something but you leave it open for a loophole later. Yes, he's indeed dead, but that doesn't preclude them from bringing him back to life in one form or another later. So yes, dead is dead, but as we've seen people can come back to life in GoT.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003