Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 461 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
And now comes the blurring between TV and Book. I want to discuss theories in this thread since it is most active but I can't remember if some of theories discussed after the last book could be plausible in the TV version of the story.

Spoiler tag anything you're unsure of.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Your second Aikouka redaction was referring to a character in the fucking show. The guy with the flaming sword in the Brothers without Banners. Remember him? The Hound chopped him in half and he was brought back by the drunk priest.

But, it's okay. Be super butthurt. Jon is deader than Paul Walker.

I redacted it because it clearly infers what he *was* talking about just before it ("second guess"). Of course I remember him: I already brought up the Lord of Light reviving people. I didn't indicate that there was [reference to their book spoiler]
a deleted/merged character with an alternate explanation.
Screw you guys.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Spoiler tag anything you're unsure of.

or you know, do it in the other thread, since that is what it is for.

the reason the other thread is less active is because less people give a shit about the book. if they do care about the book and the story of the book, they will check out that thread.

as mentioned about 3 billion times, this thread is for the show only with no book spoilers.

the people who are in this thread that care about the book will look at the book thread.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Only read this if you've read the books as well. I'm trying to figure out if this can be discussed openly in this thread or not.

Is the R+L = J theory plausible in the TV series based on information at hand? Granted in book discussion it is still just a theory but one developed where more material is available to pull from.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Was there a shot that shows the ship wasn't very far away?

Anyway, even if they really were so close it's not like they're going to go back and risk being captured by the people who betrayed them. No, they'll make it to King's Landing with Trystane as their hostage, and there's a good chance Cersei will see that he's killed. By the time word gets back to Sunspear Ellaria and the Sand Snakes will probably be long gone.

Yes. She's looking at the ship and still standing at the dock where she poisoned Myrcella when her nose starts to bleed too. She wipes her nose and takes the antidote. The other Sand Snakes are clearly involved enough to know what just happened.

I disagree. As per the show, her m.o. prior to that has always been that the Lord of Light's favor was all he needed. He had been in worse plights and she had just shook it off.

Such an event wouldn't have shaken her. That's not who and what she is. She is a religious zealot whose convictions are reinforced by her own magical powers.

It would taken a significant change to her visions to shake her faith in Stannis' ultimate victory. But the show didn't given us a glimpse of that epiphany. I am not one for spoon feeding, but give us some crumbs at least.

I am staying away from the book's handling of this storyline because the timelines and events aren't the same. I guess my point here is again - how do the show runners handle specific events that aren't scripted? Another example of poorly, IMO.
There was a pretty big bread crumb when Stannis started questioning her interpretation of her vision an episode or two ago.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I find it strange that people get all pissy at even mentioning that a character exists in the books, which I haven't read all but 10 pages of the first one, but isn't in the show. It's not like I even said anything about the actual character -- even their name -- which was on purpose to keep it vague. I don't really get the second redaction either... does he think I'm talking about some sort of Dragon Ball Z fusion dance? o_O The Game of Thrones TV show has merged characters from the books in the past.

...and yeah, that last one was in the show.

You are an even bigger idiot than I thought.

You talked about a really big potential out that comes from merging a deleted character from the book that TV viewers aren't even aware of. That's precisely why you aren't supposed to be talking about that crap here. We only knew of the Lord of Light reviving for the Brotherhood without Banners in front or The Hound and Arya and guessed that it might be applicable with one of his servants in their midst. You had to introduce a second possibility that makes a certain outcome less of a surprise if you are right by telling us about a character we aren't even supposed to know about. Screw you. The rule is simple. GTFO

Last edited:

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Take the stick out of your ass purbeast. There are no real spoilers left. There is one minor character left for the show to introduce based on casting calls. His relative importance to the story is undetermined.

This is a great time for show and book fans to come together, because anything said now about future events on the show is pure speculation. The butthurt on your end is unwarranted.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Definitely The Mountain and definitely Dothraki. Not sure how there is any doubt. I also am quite positive it was Lena Headey doing the walk; there was a bunch of talk about sets being totally locked down when filming because she was getting all naked. I think the length of the scene was good; it really showed her change as she made that walk. Loved when The Mountain carried her away at the end with that cool phrasing from Qyburn.

My first thought when I saw the traitor sign was to think of where Ghost was. Let your man Jon Snow down, dog. :( I can only assume he will come back as a WW or something Melisandre related; I actually thought his eyes were going to pop open at the end there. I do agree that it did seem like an abrupt turn from Melisandre, but she must have seen something to make her do that? I don't know. Fuck Olly by the way, hate that stupid kid.

Loved Arya getting her revenge, just an awesome scene. Actually all of the Arya stuff was cool, even the "punishment" for disobeying Jaqen H'ghar.

Stannis going down so easily actually disappointed me, but mainly just because I hate Ramsey so much, would love to see him get popped. So glad the stable bitch got killed though; hated her. That jump looked very precarious for Theon and Sansa, hope we don't have two more Bran Starks now that Brienne and Pod will need to cart around.

Dany stuff was kind of meh, the Dorn shit was retarded (both as per usual), and even the Meereen stuff was pretty dumb. Overall I enjoyed the finale though.

Oh and am I the only one who is kind of excited for Sam to go to Old Town and study? I don't think we have seen Old Town and having him as an in to give us some more history and world building is cool with me.

KT

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
or you know, do it in the other thread, since that is what it is for.

the reason the other thread is less active is because less people give a shit about the book. if they do care about the book and the story of the book, they will check out that thread.

as mentioned about 3 billion times, this thread is for the show only with no book spoilers.

the people who are in this thread that care about the book will look at the book thread.

This. No idea why people cannot get this through their thick fucking heads.

KT

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Take the stick out of your ass purbeast. There are no real spoilers left. There is one minor character left for the show to introduce based on casting calls. His relative importance to the story is undetermined.

This is a great time for show and book fans to come together, because anything said now about future events on the show is pure speculation. The butthurt on your end is unwarranted.

the show and book fans do come together ... in the other thread where people care about both and discuss both.

you sound like the butthurt one because...

1. you can't follow simple rules that have been outlined countless times.
2. not as many people care about the book and show on this forum as you wish did.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

Aikouka managed to prove you wrong with his idiocy ITT.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I don't think the intro updated a single time this season. Couldn't they have added Old Towne where Sam is going to study? Perhaps that woman who was attacked and killed by a wild animal (Lion? Tiger? I can't recall which) through the car window was a key part of that intro.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Oh and am I the only one who is kind of excited for Sam to go to Old Town and study? I don't think we have seen Old Town and having him as an in to give us some more history and world building is cool with me.

KT

Nope. I can't wait to see Oldtown either. Same reasons. I wanna see the Citadel.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
They have one flaw in having battles go too evenly. How was Stannis alive and alone at the end of the battle, with two enemies he killed?

If the other side won, and they did, they'd have dealt with Stannis. But no enemies, no allies, alone for Brienne to find.

I think she killed him - the question is whether he'll be revived as previously.

I also thought the timing was a bit cheap with the candle and Brienne just missing it.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
the show and book fans do come together ... in the other thread where people care about both and discuss both.

you sound like the butthurt one because...

1. you can't follow simple rules that have been outlined countless times.
2. not as many people care about the book and show on this forum as you wish did.

You cannot get it through your thick skull that I am not breaking any rules. You come off really poorly there too. Like a petulant little kid trying intentionally to be devisive.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
They have one flaw in having battles go too evenly. How was Stannis alive and alone at the end of the battle, with two enemies he killed?

If the other side won, and they did, they'd have dealt with Stannis. But no enemies, no allies, alone for Brienne to find.

I think she killed him - the question is whether he'll be revived as previously.

I also thought the timing was a bit cheap with the candle and Brienne just missing it.

Poor writing again IMO. I was willing to give them a pass on Stannis, but youve pointed out why that scene was weak.

Wouldn't it have been cooler for Brienne to fight through Bolton men, towards the end of battle, only to get to Stannis, and then kill him just the same? Like for a second he might have wondered if she was an ally?

Last edited:

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
For those people wondering were Ghost was, I would assume that when the Brothers go to plan a murder, they would think to lock up the dog...

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I also am quite positive it was Lena Headey doing the walk

I've seen her boobs in a few films and unless she had her nipples enlarged and bleached, it was a body double...

The actress reportedly vetoed any and all nude scenes. Headey will be filmed from the shoulders up in the scene, with a body double providing the rest. See that pink umbrella in the picture below? That is supposedly Headey's body double underneath.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...cene-for-game-of-thrones-except-maybe-not.htm

Last edited:

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
So wait. The book thread is for discussing if certain theories derived from the book can still happen in the TV series? How do you have a discussion like this anymore when book people don't want to be spoiled by the TV show and TV people don't want to be spoiled by the books.

Seems like we need a 3rd thread for people who have both read and watched and just don't care about the blurred lines anymore.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
I've seen her boobs in a few films and unless she had her nipples enlarged and bleached, it was a body double...
[/url]

She's also full of tattoos everywhere.

It's probably a combination of both her semi nude and a body double with some smart CGI editing.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
So wait. The book thread is for discussing if certain theories derived from the book can still happen in the TV series? How do you have a discussion like this anymore when book people don't want to be spoiled by the TV show and TV people don't want to be spoiled by the books.

Seems like we need a 3rd thread for people who have both read and watched and just don't care about the blurred lines anymore.

You still don't get it. It's not our (show watchers) problem if the book readers don't want spoilers from the show. In here we simply don't want anything from the books. That's it.

If book readers don't want show discussion either in their thread and you think we need a third thread, then discuss it with them and the mods. We don't care.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
I think I really wanted a "Luke, I am your father" moment for Melissandre, in the form of a vision in flames. Would have made her 180 make sense, and been pretty awesome if it was that big of a revelation.