Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 459 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I was wondering if the end would be Jon opening his eyes as a wight. I mean, there is a certain character left out from the books who could be merged with that sort of situation. Although, my first guess was just that Melisandre was last shown to be at Castle Black (probably not a good place given Gilly's experiences), and she can always give the ol' resurrection thing a shot. We know that the other guy is the who who is capable of it, but maybe it'll work on someone like Jon... for... reasons?

The explanation was that the Lord of Light wanted him brought back. And eventually it stopped working. So, I suppose, it could work (though, she is likely to try it on Stannis as well, if she really believes he is the chosen one and true king).

The character you were talking about, in my opinion, is cut out of the show. Although, I guess technically, they do have a lot in common when it comes to Craster's camp. =)

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Wow. A lot of hate!

I truly enjoyed this season finale. My only quibble was the lenghth of time they spent on Cerseis walk of shame, but I thought Lena Heady looked pretty good for coming up on 42.

I think people are so jaded by how excellent the show is that even when it falls to just very good people jump down the throughts of the writers.

Maybe I watch differently but when Sam left i didn't think meant that Jon Snow was going to get wacked. I not always looking to tear apart each action for how it might predict the next thing that is going to happen. I just enjoy the scene and wait and see.

A couple of things that did do some foreshadowing and are important in this case because its the season ender was whether or not that was Dothraki that found Dany. I see a lot of people think so and I think it would prove interesting if it were so I hope so.

Melisandre showing up at Castly Black also seems important and leaves me to wonder who she is going to use as her next surrogate for her Lord of Light.

Oh, and I shed a tear for poor Jon Show. One of the few decent and effective leaders left on the show.

Next year is going to be very interesting.

btw the giant carries Cersei at the end has to be the Mountain, right?

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
A couple of things that did do some foreshadowing and are important in this case because its the season ender was whether or not that was Dothraki that found Dany. I see a lot of people think so and I think it would prove interesting if it were so I hope so.
They were riding horse back and had Dothraki weapons / carb.

It certainly looks that way, but I don't much of the Mountain is left. =)

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
I was wondering if the end would be Jon opening his eyes as a wight. I mean, there is a certain character left out from the books who could be merged with that sort of situation. Although, my first guess was just that Melisandre was last shown to be at Castle Black (probably not a good place given Gilly's experiences), and she can always give the ol' resurrection thing a shot. We know that the other guy is the who who is capable of it, but maybe it'll work on someone like Jon... for... reasons?

The Black Watch burns their dead. He will be burned soon after:(

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I was wondering if the end would be Jon opening his eyes as a wight. *redacted* left out from the books *redacted*. Although, my first guess was just that Melisandre was last shown to be at Castle Black (probably not a good place given Gilly's experiences), and she can always give the ol' resurrection thing a shot. *redacted*, but maybe it'll work on someone like Jon... for... reasons?
The explanation was that the Lord of Light wanted him brought back. And eventually it stopped working. So, I suppose, it could work (though, she is likely to try it on Stannis as well, if she really believes he is the chosen one and true king).

The character you were talking about *redacted*. =)

*seething*

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005

The character you were talking about, in my opinion, is cut out of the show. Although, I guess technically, they do have a lot in common when it comes to Craster's camp. =)

I bet Stannis got his head chopped off. How could a headless man be brought back to life?

At least Jon only had stomach wounds.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
*seething*

Your second Aikouka redaction was referring to a character in the fucking show. The guy with the flaming sword in the Brothers without Banners. Remember him? The Hound chopped him in half and he was brought back by the drunk priest.

But, it's okay. Be super butthurt. Jon is deader than Paul Walker.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Okay, so now we can't be upset about book spoilers. There is literally nothing left to spoil. So, witch hunters, stfu about it now.

Also, for all you idiots that think Syrrio is alive: Meryn Trant didn't denounce killing him. He is dead. Deal with it.

Syrio lives. Go screw yourself! :D

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012

I think If Melisandre believed that she wouldn't have abandoned him.

Either she realized she was wrong, possibly due to seeing some new vision, or she was knowingly misleading him already.

I truly enjoyed this season finale. My only quibble was the lenghth of time they spent on Cerseis walk of shame, but I thought Lena Heady looked pretty good for coming up on 42.

From what I've heard, most of the footage was of a body double with Cersei's face superimposed. Because Lena's pregnant.

It's confirmed to be Dothraki in the "inside the episode" segment shown afterwards on HBOGo.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Wow. A lot of hate!

I think people are so jaded by how excellent the show is that even when it falls to just very good people jump down the throughts of the writers.

Maybe I watch differently but when Sam left i didn't think meant that Jon Snow was going to get wacked. I not always looking to tear apart each action for how it might predict the next thing that is going to happen. I just enjoy the scene and wait and see.

Melisandre showing up at Castly Black also seems important and leaves me to wonder who she is going to use as her next surrogate for her Lord of Light.

Oh, and I shed a tear for poor Jon Show. One of the few decent and effective leaders left on the show.

Next year is going to be very interesting.

Come on man--the show isn't that excellent. It's high drama, it's highly entertaining, but it's pretty fucking stupid in the end.

It's the bottom of the high end of what HBO has done, and sits under some of AMC's best.

It's excellent entertainment, yes; but that's it.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Why did Arya lose her sight? BTW, Her killing scene was awesome. Made my wife gasp.

What about Sansa and Reek, what did they jump into? That was a good 50' drop, did they live?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
...how is it not Dothraki that found her? Why are people asking this?

--nomadic tribe all on horseback, like the Mongols; as the Dothraki were designed.
--Dothraki weapons
--Dany removes her wedding ring from Kal Drogo because, well, they'd probably murder her if they saw it.

...oh, the episode summary at the end where the writers explain the appearance of Dothraki at the end, and new challenges awaiting Dany as she faces the Dothraki.

this was never meant to be a mystery or point of discussion.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
From what I've heard, most of the footage was of a body double with Cersei's face superimposed. Because Lena's pregnant.

It was her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2782295/Game-Thrones-bosses-burn-200-000-trying-Lena-Headey-s-naked-body-wraps.html

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Biggest surprises for me were Jon not getting revived in this episode and the survival of Boltons, expected Brienne to kill Stannis after he conquered WF.
I think the show wants Ramsay to have Joffrey status. Felt sorry for Jaime, that was cruel.

Predictions for next season:
Theon kills Reek, Ramsay kills Theon/Roose/Roose's unborn son, Brienne kills Ramsay to save Sansa or Littlefinger kills kim after Ramsay brags about raping Sansa.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Your second Aikouka redaction was referring to a character in the fucking show. The guy with the flaming sword in the Brothers without Banners. Remember him? The Hound chopped him in half and he was brought back by the drunk priest.

problem with this statement, and your assurance that no book spoilers remain...especially when you mention, in this very response, the resurrection of some dude, countless times (yes, I recall that, which is why speculation happens.)

think about it.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

I find it strange that people get all pissy at even mentioning that a character exists in the books, which I haven't read all but 10 pages of the first one, but isn't in the show. It's not like I even said anything about the actual character -- even their name -- which was on purpose to keep it vague. I don't really get the second redaction either... does he think I'm talking about some sort of Dragon Ball Z fusion dance? o_O The Game of Thrones TV show has merged characters from the books in the past.

...and yeah, that last one was in the show.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I think Jon will be revived. This was really the only way to release him from the Nights Watch while maintaining his honor. He will be revived and leave to join the war or find a way to stop the walkers. He will be going on a journey.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I enjoyed that ep way better than most of this season. There were a few things I didn't see coming, like
Stannis going out or Jon dying.
The only thing I really didn't like was the whole Tyrion and crew debating about who's going to go get the queen. That was some really stupid stuff that reeked of being written by TV people. The idea that her Unsullied and Tyrion were the only people that could run the city was some TV we have actors and need roles for them writing. Such a let down from what I would expect from this show.