Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 458 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
No doubt. She's going to try and get the army and destroy the Faith Militant. Don't think anyone would oppose since the Faith is now a threat to everyone if they're left unchecked.

Jon Snow was unexpected. If he's truly dead, what main character is going to remain there to give us perspective on the Night's Watch and the coming White Walkers? Sam left. I suppose there's Davos, but...

I don't think Stannis is dead. The cut away from Brienne's "killing blow" is too obvious a giveaway. Every other character's death is depicted on screen.

Syrio and the Hound.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
looks like the showrunners wrote seasons 5 & 6 together. this really seemed like a midseason break episode... but a year long break.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
No doubt. She's going to try and get the army and destroy the Faith Militant. Don't think anyone would oppose since the Faith is now a threat to everyone if they're left unchecked.

Jon Snow was unexpected. If he's truly dead, what main character is going to remain there to give us perspective on the Night's Watch and the coming White Walkers? Sam left. I suppose there's Davos, but...

I don't think Stannis is dead. The cut away from Brienne's "killing blow" is too obvious a giveaway. Every other character's death is depicted on screen.
Syrio and the Hound.
The Hound is not dead.

Exactly. We can't be absolutely sure because it wasn't depicted.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Lord of Light will obviously resurrect Jon or Stannis. The Jaime / Myrcella scene was unbelievably contrived and stupid. Who didn't know exactly what was going to happen from the moment she kissed her? The feeble attempt at making it more emotional by having Jaime's confession right there is just amateurish. "Do they think I'm buying this?!" Even the music was making me mad.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

So you actually think Brienne was chopping the tree down when she was swinging in the direction of Stannis's head with that blow?

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
meh predictable dribble. Worst season yet.

Mediocre finale with mfg tension and cliffhangers to make people watch again.

Meh

Bad writing this season

Without book source material to write from, the show is getting worse.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
I accidentally read a spoiler that Olly would get Jon killed but I was still hoping that somehow I misunderstood it or it would be changed from the show or something.

On the other hand, I had no idea Melisandre would be there, so he'll probably be saved. I just hope he doesn't become too much of a a zombie, but Beric Dondarrian hasn't so there's hope.. And I hope he gets Ghost before they kill him off too.

As for Castle Black, I think they're screwed. Even if saved Jon won't remain there and I can't see Sam going back. The rest will probably be thrown to the white walkers - afterall, at this point their threat won't move forward if the wall stops them.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I just want to throw out another FUCK YOU to Rick James Astley for spoiling the ending and the start of next season.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
The guys on horse back in the scene with Daenerys, did they look Dothraki?

I tend to agree with the generally negative comments I'm seeing. Jon's death wasn't too much of a surprise, especially after Sam left - which was just a little too convenient. I mean, is he really going to become a maester in a few months or a year or however much time before they're zombie chow? That was really pushing things a bit. I know that time works differently in this world but if "winter is coming" and we're on season 5, I damn well better see truly apocalyptic shit next season.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
well only good person left in the show is Sansa

sad that I wasn't being trolled over the Internet that Jon Snow dies

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Okay, so now we can't be upset about book spoilers. There is literally nothing left to spoil. So, witch hunters, stfu about it now.

Also, for all you idiots that think Syrrio is alive: Meryn Trant didn't denounce killing him. He is dead. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
I just want to throw out another FUCK YOU to Rick James Astley for spoiling the ending and the start of next season.

How could I spoil future episodes? There were many predictions in this thread so I posted mine too since the show is moving independent of the books at this point. In one of my posts I referenced a book even though I could have referenced an episode (about length of winter) and that's as close as I have come to spoiling anything.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I was wondering if the end would be Jon opening his eyes as a wight. I mean, there is a certain character left out from the books who could be merged with that sort of situation. Although, my first guess was just that Melisandre was last shown to be at Castle Black (probably not a good place given Gilly's experiences), and she can always give the ol' resurrection thing a shot. We know that the other guy is the who who is capable of it, but maybe it'll work on someone like Jon... for... reasons?