Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 455 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
People pointed out that the "harpies are killing masters now" but they also missed that some of the harpies were also masters (at least clothed as such). It seem they are a faction from all walks of life. I suspect Hizdar was in on things as Darrio suggested but he was betrayed because he's "with the queen now".

So, he was checking to make sure the attack was in place, but didn't realize they planned on killing him too.

Some? I thought all the harpies were (former) masters since they are all dressed the same in master-clothes. Hizdar and some masters got killed because they didn't go along the Harpies. I think Hizdar was telling the truth that he had nothing to do with the Harpies.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
The series page covered the show information at the top and clearly separated book information and put it at the bottom. So a wiki page about the show is off limits too? Duly noted.

Since your earlier post went into some details that was only in the books, I don't see how your distinction about 'sections' makes any difference at all.

Not just the wiki page but anything from the books is off limits in this thread. And it makes no difference if the tv series has gone past the books or not. We don't want to know extra details thats only in the books, or how things were different in the books. Talk about the show not about the books.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
I am very curious to see if, or how, the sacrifice will pay off. And if Selyse will have faith in Lord of Light, or something else (minor detail, just wondering how cultist she is).

The episode 10 promo showed the battle starting so it must have worked at least a fair bit. Whats interesting is whether Brienne will take revenge for Renly or join up with Stannis, or just concentrate on rescuing Sansa and bugging out.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
The episode 10 promo showed the battle starting so it must have worked at least a fair bit. Whats interesting is whether Brienne will take revenge for Renly or join up with Stannis, or just concentrate on rescuing Sansa and bugging out.

She swore an oath to kill him, you really think there's any chance in hell she will JOIN him?!?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Since your earlier post went into some details that was only in the books, I don't see how your distinction about 'sections' makes any difference at all.

Not just the wiki page but anything from the books is off limits in this thread. And it makes no difference if the tv series has gone past the books or not. We don't want to know extra details thats only in the books, or how things were different in the books. Talk about the show not about the books.

I did talk about the Show. That site referenced is about the show and they have their own statement about spoilers. You say we as if you are the only person who asks questions in this thread.

People have asked questions that did specifically reference book details. There are details in the books that do not harm anyone's enjoyment of the show at all and those questions could be answered without spoiling anything except in the minds of those more rigid than Stannis himself.

That being said my opinion mentioned in an earlier post stands....

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Shadow baby didn't have a face all the time, it's just floating gas. Just before it stabs Renly Stannis' face appears at the top of it. I didn't notice it the first time either, but did when I rewatched and looked for it.

I am very curious to see if, or how, the sacrifice will pay off. And if Selyse will have faith in Lord of Light, or something else (minor detail, just wondering how cultist she is).
It's going to pay off. Remember the 3 leeches she burned and the three people who died soon after - like Joffrey.

The twist will be if the girl turns out to not be his biologic daughter. There haven't been any hints that I can recall that would indicate that, but it's the sort of thing a writer might pull out of their ass.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
She swore an oath to kill him, you really think there's any chance in hell she will JOIN him?!?

Not only that we got the backstory about her first dance where all boys who saw her made fun of her by pretending to be competing with each other to be the one who danced with her the most.

When she finally caught on it was Prince Renly who danced with her and gave her moral support.

I don't think there's any way that King Stannis can convince Brienne to side with him and forget that. Not to mention that the shadow assassin took on the aspect of the person who "fathered" it....

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
It's going to pay off. Remember the 3 leeches she burned and the three people who died soon after - like Joffrey.

The twist will be if the girl turns out to not be his biologic daughter. There haven't been any hints that I can recall that would indicate that, but it's the sort of thing a writer might pull out of their ass.

I guess the 3rd leech/Balor Greyjoy/Iron Isles substory will be in Season 6?
or left out all together?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

Balon Grayjoy still lives...right?

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I guess the 3rd leech/Balor Greyjoy/Iron Isles substory will be in Season 6?
or left out all together?

Good point. I'd forgotten that was the third target.

So maybe we're to infer that Mel's magic isn't foolproof.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
With all the importance they place on the blood of the king's children, you would think that he'd be having a lot of children.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
With all the importance they place on the blood of the king's children, you would think that he'd be having a lot of children.

It was mentioned that it's not for lack of trying... Mrs Stannis was only able to have one child, and a deformed one at that.

I assume Stannis is too honor-bound to chuck her and get a new wife.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
It was mentioned that it's not for lack of trying... Mrs Stannis was only able to have one child, and a deformed one at that.

Then came that BBQ thing of course :p

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

He should burn her and wife Mel. Then whore about a bit like his brother, get all that juicy kingsblood for Mel to do things with.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
I did talk about the Show. That site referenced is about the show and they have their own statement about spoilers. You say we as if you are the only person who asks questions in this thread.

People have asked questions that did specifically reference book details. There are details in the books that do not harm anyone's enjoyment of the show at all and those questions could be answered without spoiling anything except in the minds of those more rigid than Stannis himself.

That being said my opinion mentioned in an earlier post stands....

Discussing the books in this thread will harm people's enjoyment of the books when they read it in the future. So its not just about spoiling the show. This thread is not for book talk.

Its not for you to decide what people are 'asking' and whether you should supply details from the books.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011

Of course. Brienne can fight both Stannis and Bolton soldiers to get to Sansa or she can choose a side to improve her chances.

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
That scene with the dragon riding was one of the dumbest things that have seen in this show. It was soooo bad

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
That scene with the dragon riding was one of the dumbest things that have seen in this show. It was soooo bad

My only quibble with it was the dragon clearly had spikes going down his spine...so how did she ride him without a saddle?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Discussing the books in this thread will harm people's enjoyment of the books when they read it in the future. So its not just about spoiling the show. This thread is not for book talk.

Its not for you to decide what people are 'asking' and whether you should supply details from the books.

There is so much information in the books that it's hard for anyone to keep track of it all (hell people are having trouble keeping track of things in the show and there have been a couple of examples of rage over something that was in the show)...

So unless you are gifted enough have an eidetic memory it's unlikely that anyone will remember a small detail and think damn it ruined the whole book even though they started to read them after they started watching the series.

I didn't decide what people should ask, they asked the questions themselves.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
There is so much information in the books that it's hard for anyone to keep track of it all (hell people are having trouble keeping track of things in the show and there have been a couple of examples of rage over something that was in the show)...
I didn't decide what people should ask, they asked the questions themselves.

The problem is not what people are asking but what you are posting. Feel free to post in the other spoiler thread if you can't remember or are unsure about posting spoilers.