Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 398 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
If Tolken allowed Bormir to live he would be the King of the Game of Thrones, over Aragon, when giving his life for justice and equality over his own weakness.

So many of us are in the same boat.

Thank you Sean Bean for acting Bormir.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2007

I read this post last week and assumed it was just silly "oh, here's some nonsense that I'll pretend happened" conjecture. After watching this week's episode, fuck you so hard in every orifice you have and some you don't you worthless shit. Who thinks it's fun to spoil everyone else's experience of something? Go think about what you've done and whether Ramsay Bolton is really what you aspire to be in life. And in case I forgot, fuck you. What a fucking twat.

With that out of the way, good episode.
I liked Tyrion's breakdown of Jorah and Jorah's response; seemed about right. I also liked Jamie and Bronn's trip South. This show is always wonderful at the unlikely pairings that you'd end up watching an entire show dedicated to; Arya and the Hound, Jamie and Brienne, Tyrion and Bronn, etc. But I was not thrilled about the showdown with the Sons of the Harpy, especially since the "next on" teaser spoiled the "but did they actually die" question for me.
This fucking show.... I love it.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
no shortage of WTF in that episode.

i pour one out for ser embarrassing cellmate :'(

Hahaha. I expect Gray Worm will live; could not really tell how he was at the end there.

I can't wait for Tyrion to get to Dany, she's really getting on my nerves at this point and I donot care about her at all, which sucks because she used to be so awesome.

I thought the moment with Stannis and his daughter was actually pretty sweet.

I really wish they would do a spinoff show with Jamie, Bronn, and Tyrion. Love those guys together.

Overall I thought the episode was good, though I did not love it. One of the weaker ones of the season so far.

KT

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
OK. Pirates and legal viewers are on the same page now, right? No more leaks? Good. Now the discussion can resume.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Hahaha. I expect Gray Worm will live; could not really tell how he was at the end there.

I can't wait for Tyrion to get to Dany, she's really getting on my nerves at this point and I donot care about her at all, which sucks because she used to be so awesome.

I thought the moment with Stannis and his daughter was actually pretty sweet.

I really wish they would do a spinoff show with Jamie, Bronn, and Tyrion. Love those guys together.

Overall I thought the episode was good, though I did not love it. One of the weaker ones of the season so far.

KT

Agree with most of this, but I think this was actually one of the better episodes this season so far.

The Cersei/Margaery war is getting pretty intense. :)

I also loved the scene in the Winterfell crypts with Sansa and Littlefinger.

Only scene I thought was weak was the Red woman with Jon. What the hell was that about? :hmm:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Agree with most of this, but I think this was actually one of the better episodes this season so far.

The Cersei/Margaery war is getting pretty intense. :)

I also loved the scene in the Winterfell crypts with Sansa and Littlefinger.

Only scene I thought was weak was the Red woman with Jon. What the hell was that about? :hmm:

When he kisses her it looks like she knows exactly what he is up to (position her for power and move in).

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
When he kisses her it looks like she knows exactly what he is up to (position her for power and move in).

Yep. It will be interesting to see how the Ramsey-Sansa works out. I was thinking that the Sansa storyline was pointless, but now I'm actually curious to see what is going to happen with her. :)

The other thing that was intriguing about that scene was the three eyed raven feather Sansa picked up. Now I'm wondering about Bran.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
That was the feather that Robert placed on the statue in S1E1. This scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rlflp7s66s

They showed this in the fucking intro to this episode... It is like some of you don't even pay attention at all. =(

Also, must resist... Want to comment on someone's actions and what they've sent into play SOOOOO bad, but nobody has picked up on it yet. Please, someone mention it so I can talk about it. =(

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
They showed this in the fucking intro to this episode... It is like some of you don't even pay attention at all. =(

Also, must resist... Want to comment on someone's actions and what they've sent into play SOOOOO bad, but nobody has picked up on it yet. Please, someone mention it so I can talk about it. =(

You should just leave this thread because even that kind of talk from book readers isn't wanted. Why hold back? Talk about it all you want in the other thread (the one for book readers).

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
You should just leave this thread because even that kind of talk from book readers isn't wanted. Why hold back? Talk about it all you want in the other thread (the one for book readers).

Because, I can have a meaningful discussion on events that have happened without a problem. It is just sad some of you seemed to miss something that was fairly clear to me. But, I did already know, even if it wasn't exactly as foretold.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
How is it that nobody in Kings Landing has talked about the dragons or even mentioned Dany in the last season and a half. Dragoon is pretty damn big now.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
How is it that nobody in Kings Landing has talked about the dragons or even mentioned Dany in the last season and a half. Dragoon is pretty damn big now.

Save for the small council, nobody really knows about them. Varys was the one reporting with her spies about the dragons. And Tywin wasn't remotely worried. The last dragons were the size of cats, remember?

It is rather strange though that the legend and rumor hasn't spread through trade ships. Obviously, people still travel (Braavos and Qart are trade cities). Surely, someone is telling tales in pubs.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

Are you talking about Cersei emptying the small council and positioning herself to influence real power through the Sparrows? We've mentioned it.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
You know what drives me nuts about the whole world they live in -- everything is ancient and things have been in place for 1000s of years. They really haven't advanced much as a civilization have they?

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I thought it was cool where the red-witch implied that she was, some how, inter-related with Ygritte.

That said, Jon is into real redheads, Clairol ant cutt'n it for him.

Last edited:

radhak

Aug 10, 2011
Cersei seems to think she's consolidating her own power by siding with the sparrows. Methinks she's got a tiger by the tail.

And for a show that sets everybody up only to pull the rug from under them, wonder how Margaery Tyrell is gonna fare. Till now she seems to be riding high.

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
You know what drives me nuts about the whole world they live in -- everything is ancient and things have been in place for 1000s of years. They really haven't advanced much as a civilization have they?

I feel like they're basically Britain in the midst of the dark ages.

and Westeros is clearly the backwater compared to Essos (ie: Byzantium in this comparison)

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
I haven't been following this thread at all since always being behind the HBO viewers, until disc release, etc.

Now I'm update, my girlfriend has a theory about Jon Snow. She came up with this before E04. That Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark and they loved each other. One reason why Ned Stark was forced into secrecy by Lyanna, to save Jon's life.

Was there enough time after Lords Whent's tournament at Harrenhal for Lyanna to get raped (per the HBO show) and bear a child.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
so how does the books differ from TV in Sons of the Harpy launching a full scale attack on unsullied/2nd sons?

and I am surprised they wasted their manpower on those 2 groups.
they could have just done a mass attack on the Dragon queen on her throne and killed her

Mar 10, 2005
I haven't been following this thread at all since always being behind the HBO viewers, until disc release, etc.

Now I'm update, my girlfriend has a theory about Jon Snow. She came up with this before E04. That Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark and they loved each other. One reason why Ned Stark was forced into secrecy by Lyanna, to save Jon's life.

Was there enough time after Lords Whent's tournament at Harrenhal for Lyanna to get raped (per the HBO show) and bear a child.

it's called R+L=J