Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 396 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Possibly, but Theon was never that smart or forward thinking. He had his chance at freedom when his Sister tried to save him, he's fully Stockholm syndrome'd up. All the shaking, the nervous ticks... He's mentally mushy, BUT you're 100% right on one thing, he is listening and noticing things.

He is going to become Sansa's Varys. I believe that Sansa is going to find him and start to use him as a spy. She will show him a small kindness and in his abused mental state he will latch onto her. Ramsay will allow it because he thinks fear is more powerful, and he has absolute control of Theron. Sansa's continued kindness to Theron will cause him to become rapidly loyal. Eventually he will snap and kill Ramsay when he sees Ramsay beating Sansa.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
He is going to become Sansa's Varys. I believe that Sansa is going to find him and start to use him as a spy. She will show him a small kindness and in his abused mental state he will latch onto her. Ramsay will allow it because he thinks fear is more powerful, and he has absolute control of Theron. Sansa's continued kindness to Theron will cause him to become rapidly loyal. Eventually he will snap and kill be killed by Ramsay when he sees Ramsay beating Sansa.
fify
Because this is game of thrones, not game of justice.

matricks

Nov 19, 2014
I don't think anyone knows that, even Sam. You'd think they'd have put two and two together by now, but Sam immediately dropped the dagger when he killed the White Walker, and in his subsequent tellings of the story, he seems to omit the crucial detail of "dragon glass killed it straight away." If they knew, they should haul ass back North of the Wall and collect as much of it as they can find.

Sam knew at one point, but it doesn't seem like he's very good at communicating it. When Bran, Hodor and the rest meet Sam and Gilly at the Nightfort, Sam shows Bran a dragonglass dagger. Bran asks: "what is it for?" Sam says "Killing white walkers". I've been rewatching lately, and this conversation takes place in the season 3 finale.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Sam knew at one point, but it doesn't seem like he's very good at communicating it. When Bran, Hodor and the rest meet Sam and Gilly at the Nightfort, Sam shows Bran a dragonglass dagger. Bran asks: "what is it for?" Sam says "Killing white walkers". I've been rewatching lately, and this conversation takes place in the season 3 finale.

It's probably like the way Stannis ended up in the north. Yes, it was hinted at, but no it was not clear. Same here; the lack of communication onscreen may not mean he did not communicate the information.

Similarly he's often digging into the old books: again this may have lead to many useful findings that were either not motioned, or mentioned a-contextually, but which will come up again.

Last edited:

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
(Remark responding to the piracy stuff removed.The rest remains below.)

Maybe its just me but the writing seems lackluster this year. From the death of Manse to the capture of Tyrion everything just seems like a plot device to forward the story instead of a real advance in the story. Sure the story is progressing but it just lacked pizzazz and cohesion. I think they rewrote some stuff in post. Things seem disjointed.

Could be me. Just not myself so not really enjoying much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
you're wrong, off topic, and in violation of forum policy
You're wrong. Were have I referred to Piracy or given a Link other then saying Torrent which is a legal P2P application.

rest removed

No. YOU'RE wrong. AND you're thread crapping/derailing. Just stay out of the thread with any of this.
admin allisolm

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Maybe its just me but the writing seems lackluster this year. From the death of Manse to the capture of Tyrion everything just seems like a plot device to forward the story instead of a real advance in the story. Sure the story is progressing but it just lacked pizzazz and cohesion. I think they rewrote some stuff in post. Things seem disjointed.

I'm going to half agree. Lord Friend-Zone was convenience major (and 'the queen' statement was juxtaposed with the intro to imply to those not paying too much attention that tyrian is going to kings landing); but the death of Manse made a lot of sense regarding all of the characters, including Jon and for me it was compelling and wrought with tension (I kept thinking that, at some point, the Manse would give up his pride/why am I watching this it is horrible/make it end).

We'll see if the motivation/intent/ideas of LFZ change my mind... I would be more accepting of the 'coincidence' if for some reason Tyrian went to that brothel for a reason that is similar to that of LFZ (i.e. they both wanted to see the Danny look alike); or if LFZ had gotten wind of the imp's presence and intentionally been looking in brothels for Tyrian.

Last edited:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Folks - if someone is posting stuff that is out of line just report it. DON'T keep replying. All that does is derail the thread. I just removed more than a dozen posts about piracy and more than half of them were posted by responders rather than the offender.

admin allisolm

Mar 10, 2005
Folks - if someone is posting stuff that is out of line just report it. DON'T keep replying. All that does is derail the thread. I just removed more than a dozen posts about piracy and more than half of them were posted by responders rather than the offender.

admin allisolm

by what means would we report a poster, and to who?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

Click the Report Post button below the posters name/profile (the upside-down yield sign with an exclamation point) and it automatically goes to the moderators for review.

You've done it before, so not sure why you are asking...

KT

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

In case you are not joking: use the triangle exclamation point icon under their user info to the left of the post. I did it as soon as I knew he was talking about piracy (stupidly gave him the benefit of the doubt first and asked who he was taking to since it was strangely missing certain words)

Feb 6, 2007
We'll see if the motivation/intent/ideas of LFZ change my mind... I would be more accepting of the 'coincidence' if for some reason Tyrian went to that brothel for a reason that is similar to that of LFZ (i.e. they both wanted to see the Danny look alike); or if LFZ had gotten wind of the imp's presence and intentionally been looking in brothels for Tyrian.

They definitely went for the same reason; drunken bored lonely horniness. What else are you going to do when you will be killed on sight trying to enter your home?

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
(Remark responding to the piracy stuff removed.The rest remains below.)

Could be me. Just not myself so not really enjoying much.

Apparently this post contained things that have not yet aired so I have removed them. Please do not post unaired stuff.
admin allisolm

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

admin allisolm

I rather enjoyed pointing out his dumb remark in public. Maybe there was something later, but I didn't see anything that needed to be reported or deleted.

Mar 10, 2005
klokwyze, you're talking about things that haven't aired in the past tense. you have more info than was in the trailers, and you're dumping it here.

Spoilers.gif

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
holy.. Sansa is Jean Grey in Xmen: Apocalypse?!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
They definitely went for the same reason; drunken bored lonely horniness. What else are you going to do when you will be killed on sight trying to enter your home?

Right, which is properly motivated by the characters and their situations: but why that particular place, of what must be many, needs to be motivate to reduce my sense of narrative convenience

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Right, which is properly motivated by the characters and their situations: but why that particular place, of what must be many, needs to be motivate to reduce my sense of narrative convenience

There's no reason, it's narrative convenience... You could maybe argue Jorah was there because of the queen look-a-like but it's pretty clear Tyrion just picked that place out of the blue, probably because it was the closest one when he got out of the room on wheels.