Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 372 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
You guys are being drama queens. Saying the hound was never bitten is not s spoiler. You guys are just jumping to conclusions. He was felled by an infected wound in the book, so that bite could have been what took him out.

Not the fucking point. Books aren't supposed to be discussed in this thread. Period

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
My take is she was a whore in the respect that she took money for sex, but because of her back story I think she was doing it for fun. They fell in love, oops. Tyrion can't do that because he already went down this road. Shae can't do that because she's a whore. Everyone will see her that way because that's how they met.

Tyrion scorned her by making her feel like a whore, for good reasons but it doesn't matter, she's pissed. Her blind rage led her to accept an offer from Tywin to betray Tyrion. Fucking his dad was icing on the cake.

yea all of this

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Not the fucking point. Books aren't supposed to be discussed in this thread. Period

So when someone who hasn't read the books complains that something is a book spoiler. How do you tell them that it's not without saying it's not in the books?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, saying that event x in the show was from book y isn't a spoiler in any way, shape, or form.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
It's fairly simple. If you can I understand that there is a place for book people to talk about what ever you want to talk about book wise exists.

I have become convinced you guys are trolls

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
So when someone who hasn't read the books complains that something is a book spoiler. How do you tell them that it's not without saying it's not in the books?

You absolutely don't, and you keep your mouth shut.

Yeah, saying that event x in the show was from book y isn't a spoiler in any way, shape, or form.

The rule in this thread says that it is.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Geez, this latest row started because someone asked what book they should read to match the show. I guess we should just ignore them? Just lock the thread already, show is over for 9 months anyway.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011

Because they wouldn't want their book reading experience to be spoilt.
You've been a sly one by posting a book spoiler about the hound several pages back.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
OK people, this is getting old. I am getting tired of the complaints. I am getting tired of the reported posts about people discussing book events in this thread.

I am going to make this so simple that anyone can understand it.

1) Do not discuss events from the book, even if these book events don't occur in the TV show.

2) You have a thread for discussing the book. Go there.

3) This thread is only for discussing the TV show. Period. Nothing from the book enters this thread. Period.

To the people that do so, after this warning, I will vacation you.

If you come back to this thread and do it again, I will remove your access to OT.

If you are unclear as to this message, start an MD thread. Do not discuss this message, in this thread.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited:

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Geez, this latest row started because someone asked what book they should read to match the show. I guess we should just ignore them?

Yes! If you really want to help then send him a PM. Why is that so hard to understand?

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
OK people, this is getting old. I am getting tired of the complaints. I am getting tired of the reported posts about people discussing book events in this thread.

I am going to make this so simple that anyone can understand it.

1) Do not discuss events from the book, even if these book events don't occur in the TV show.

2) You have a thread for discussing the book. Go there.

3) This thread is only for discussing the TV show. Period. Nothing from the book enters this thread. Period.

To the people that do so, after this warning, I will vacation you.

If you come back to this thread and do it again, I will remove your access to OT.

If you are unclear as to this message, start an MD thread. Do not discuss this message, in this thread.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Thank you

KT techs and a bunch of other people left - hope they come back.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
If you want to discuss the show, and you have read the books, there is a thread for you. It's not this one.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
So who else is annoyed with the cast changes. They changed the mountain a few times and each time I was like who is that?

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
So who else is annoyed with the cast changes. They changed the mountain a few times and each time I was like who is that?

That one didn't bother me as the mountain has nearly no personality shown(nearly never talks), so as long as they show him as a large beast of a man, he is easy to identify.

The one that really bothered me is Daario because I really liked the first actor for that role, then they hire someone new and don't even bother to make him look remotely the same. I much preferred the first guy who played him but I hear he got a full time TV series.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
I agree with Daario. The new guy feels like he lacks any of the character of the original. He doesn't portray the same swagger and charm that the first one had.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008

Yea I think Daario changing was the most confusion; especially because I'm bad at names and just knew him as "blond guy that cut off some people's heads".

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Khaleesi could easy be swapped out by a hot girl that just stands around answering questions.
This really annoys me for some reason. Her name is not Khaleesi. It's like saying "Chief could easily be swapped out..." listen to the way other characters use the title when they address her. It's basically the Dothraki word for "queen" and is not a name substitute.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
You've been a sly one by posting a book spoiler about the hound several pages back.

You are wrong, and arguing from a position of complete ignorance.

Now that's not specifically a spoiler but you are a nuisance/troll in a thread where people want to discuss the TV show only.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator: