Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 371 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
psst.. she worked for tywin the WHOLE time!
just like the girl that tyrion lost his virginity to. she was a hooker hired by tywin

If that were true then Tywin would not have needed Cersei to point out to him who Tyrion's whore was prior to Jeffrey's wedding.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
No, it's not a terrible example, it is a perfect example. In the show he was bitten by a character they apparently never encountered in the book. They played up the injury in the show, giving viewers the idea he may die from it (similar to how Drago died). As soon as someone stated in here that none of this happened in the books, we then knew nothing would come of that particular injury, eliminating all of the suspense the show had created around it.

Anyway, I am done here. Have fun.

KT

This is still a dumb example because the only thing that happens to the hound in the show which is the same as the books is that Arya leaves him for dead.

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
I think the writers just screwed up with Shae. If she was just a whore and doing it for the money she should have taken the diamonds and ran but she refused. Than she leaves to a house with servants ( has money) and comes back for what ? Put her life in danger screw an old man and break her old lovers heart.
What a whore would have done would be to take the money and run even if she worked for Tywin all along. There is nothing sweeter than freedom .

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I think the writers just screwed up with Shae. If she was just a whore and doing it for the money she should have taken the diamonds and ran but she refused. Than she leaves to a house with servants ( has money) and comes back for what ? Put her life in danger screw an old man and break her old lovers heart.
What a whore would have done would be to take the money and run even if she worked for Tywin all along. There is nothing sweeter than freedom .
My take is she was a whore in the respect that she took money for sex, but because of her back story I think she was doing it for fun. They fell in love, oops. Tyrion can't do that because he already went down this road. Shae can't do that because she's a whore. Everyone will see her that way because that's how they met.

Tyrion scorned her by making her feel like a whore, for good reasons but it doesn't matter, she's pissed. Her blind rage led her to accept an offer from Tywin to betray Tyrion. Fucking his dad was icing on the cake.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

or more money.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
No, it's not a terrible example, it is a perfect example. In the show he was bitten by a character they apparently never encountered in the book. They played up the injury in the show, giving viewers the idea he may die from it (similar to how Drago died). As soon as someone stated in here that none of this happened in the books, we then knew nothing would come of that particular injury, eliminating all of the suspense the show had created around it.

Anyway, I am done here. Have fun.

KT

But you're wrong. Since you don't know what happens in the book, you don't actually know if something is a spoiler.

I'd bet half of the book readers thought the infection from the bite would matter.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
But you're wrong. Since you don't know what happens in the book, you don't actually know if something is a spoiler.

I'd bet half of the book readers thought the infection from the bite would matter.
I certainly did. They've changed bigger things than that.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Wonder if they'll replace Arya with another actress at some point. Maisie Williams is 17 now and unless she gets a final growth spurt, she's going to look the same as she did in season 2.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Wonder if they'll replace Arya with another actress at some point. Maisie Williams is 17 now and unless she gets a final growth spurt, she's going to look the same as she did in season 2.

No. There's no way they replace Maisie. She's still suppose to be only 12 in the show anyways.

I did hear a rumor that they are replacing Myrcella next season, but she's had less than half a dozen lines in the show so far.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
No. There's no way they replace Maisie. She's still suppose to be only 12 in the show anyways.

I did hear a rumor that they are replacing Myrcella next season, but she's had less than half a dozen lines in the show so far.

She was taller than Patric Stuart when cast in the London Olympics commercial a few years back. She's tall, they've been shooting her like a hobbit to keep her 12. She could easily be aged and shot at her actual height and everyone would say "wow, how did they cast someone for Aria that looked so much like her/ Amazing how much of a growth spurt she underwent in just one season".

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I'm sure the geniuses that make this show can make her appear shorter. Look at LOTR

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
She was taller than Patric Stuart when cast in the London Olympics commercial a few years back. She's tall, they've been shooting her like a hobbit to keep her 12. She could easily be aged and shot at her actual height and everyone would say "wow, how did they cast someone for Aria that looked so much like her/ Amazing how much of a growth spurt she underwent in just one season".

Nein...

http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/Ryan...wart-Arya-Stark-Together-Wait-What-45402.html

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
So who else was surprised to find out that the whore didn't love the dwarf ? Why would she go back to whoring after he gave her a house servants and money?

That's not how I saw it. I saw it that she was furious that she was rejected by him, and took revenge, giving up all those good things to do it. Hell hath no fury...

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
That's not how I saw it. I saw it that she was furious that she was rejected by him, and took revenge, giving up all those good things to do it. Hell hath no fury...

I think Tyrion is smart enough to know why she did what she did. He's not a dummy.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
If that were true then Tywin would not have needed Cersei to point out to him who Tyrion's whore was prior to Jeffrey's wedding.

I see that scene now with Tywin laughing inside about how far behind Cersie was behind in the game, he never thought she was very smart.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

what does it matter? I don't remember her having ANY lines.
just being on a boat to be shipped off to Dorne to marry Oberon's brother.

they re-cast tomerlin to be older. wonder why they changed Myrcella?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

o-SOPHIE-TURNER-MAISIE-WILLIAMS-900.jpg

wow.. she's almost as tall as Sansa.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007

It's so simple. Discuss the fucking books in the boom thread. Seriously you fucking trolls need to fuck off and go back to 4 chan.

Threre have been a dozen spoilers posted. If you are inbred and can't understand that posting shit like that is a spoiler to people who have not read books then you should consider just ending it.

Seriously some of you need to fuck off. Yes you

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
You guys are being drama queens. Saying the hound was never bitten is not s spoiler. You guys are just jumping to conclusions. He was felled by an infected wound in the book, so that bite could have been what took him out.