Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 360 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Hvae to say I was kind of shocked to see Varis leave the city since I thought he was all about the realm, but maybe he is off to find Stannis and advise him.

I wonder if Varys thinks that the bells ringing means that Tyrion killed Tommen? I have to say that during that scene when Tyrion was walking into the room with Shae I thought it was Cerci he was going to kill. That is who I would have been gunning for.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Scared to read above Manimal's last post, but just wanted to say I thought it was an awesome episode.

The Jason and the Argonauts moment was badass.
The whole scene with Stannis, Snow, and Mans was great.
Finally Shae dies and so fittingly by Tyrion's hand; fantastic.
Loved the fight with the Hound and Brienne, though I have to say I'm going to miss that wise and beautiful woman. :(

I think this was the best season so far, I just hope Tywin is not dead because I would love to see him raging and trying to track down Tyrion. Hvae to say I was kind of shocked to see Varis leave the city since I thought he was all about the realm, but maybe he is off to find Stannis and advise him.

KT

Those were some pretty brutal shots. I think it's safe to say he's gone.

When is season 5 starting up again? :D

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
The season finished well, but this thread is finished.

There was a major spoiler discussed about during the past week, where it's like if you connect this and this and this, that means this is going to happen... And you only know about that because you worked backwards from knowing what happens due to the books, to work out the series of events in past episodes. Without knowing what happens there were dozens of different ways to connect the dots and produce different outcomes.

Good episode but 3 things...
(1) not much a fan of battles being resolved by an unexpected army sweeping in and putting an immediate end to it, same with the battle of blackwater.
(2) too much focus on Ygritte, especially the request by the prisoner that she be placed back north of the wall, rather than every one of the dead placed back north and burned.
(3) don't quite get why Tyrion went up to Tywin's chamber. It worked out well for the show to find Shae there, kill her, then hunt down Tywin on the shitter. But Tyrion wasn't entering the chamber with the intentions of killing anyone, and he wasn't there to say farewell...

Oh well. We'll find out what happens in just 9 short months! :)

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Oh, and why was the black dragon not chained up in the catacombs?

Oh, and why was the black dragon not chained up in the catacombs?

Do you even watch the show?

Literally, every one of your "points" were addressed in *gasp* the show.

Mance and the wildling camp were caught completely by surprise. They were not expecting any forward resistance from the Night's Watch, as they knew they had almost nothing left. Mance was also genuinely trying to protect his people. Stannis, with mounted cavalry, would quickly dispatch the majority of the wildling "army".

Tyrion went with the intention of dispatching Tywin, or at least, confronting him in a violent manner. This is the guy who sentenced his own son, knowing his innocence, to death.

They directly stated why they didn't chain up the black dragon...

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Thought the Bran scene just looked a bit hokey with the fireballs. Just seemed oddly 80's TV, like they cheaped out on the SFX.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I wonder if Varys thinks that the bells ringing means that Tyrion killed Tommen? I have to say that during that scene when Tyrion was walking into the room with Shae I thought it was Cerci he was going to kill. That is who I would have been gunning for.

I did briefly wonder if he thought Tyrion killed Tommen; has to be that because not sure why else he would leave. :hmm:

Yeah I was totally thinking Cerci as well; that would have been awesome. Super happy to finally have Shea dead though, so I'll take what I can get.

Those were some pretty brutal shots. I think it's safe to say he's gone.

When is season 5 starting up again? :D

Yeah, I assume he's dead, but he was so awesome I really want him back. :(

KT

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I doubt Varys think's Tyrion kills Tommen. He knows Tyrion and knows he has zero reason to want Tommen dead. I am sure he suspects he dispatched someone else, like Tywin or Cersei;

Also, I wish I could find out how to ignore people. Images being resized isn't working and some fuck tard added nothing to thread but a giant ass picture of someone we all already knew. I swear, if I was 12, I would be amused at pictures of hot girls in a discussion thread...

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I doubt Varys think's Tyrion kills Tommen. He knows Tyrion and knows he has zero reason to want Tommen dead. I am sure he suspects he dispatched someone else, like Tywin or Cersei;

Also, I wish I could find out how to ignore people. Images being resized isn't working and some fuck tard added nothing to thread but a giant ass picture of someone we all already knew. I swear, if I was 12, I would be amused at pictures of hot girls in a discussion thread...

I mentioned the last time he did it that he's either trolling the thread or he's that really creepy asshole. I'm pretty sure he's just some creepy asshole that thinks everyone wants to join him in his wank moments.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I did briefly wonder if he thought Tyrion killed Tommen; has to be that because not sure why else he would leave. :hmm:

I doubt it. He probably realized that Tyrion killed Cersei or Tywin as Tywin is the Hand of the King and Cersei is the Queen Regent. While not as serious as killing the king, I doubt both of them are looked upon as favorable.

As for Tommen, I don't think Tyrion has any ill will toward Tommen as he seems like a nice boy. Tyrion has never come across as the type to kill like that.

Yeah I was totally thinking Cerci as well; that would have been awesome. Super happy to finally have Shea dead though, so I'll take what I can get.

Yeah, I thought it was either Tywin or Cersei, but the feminine leg pointed me toward the latter... until I heard the "my lion" bit.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Hound is dead

there's no reason to continue his story without Arya

not so sure if Tywin is dead. I think he'll still be alive next season.

Shae was just a whore in the end. glad Tyrion got closure with that.

wonder what is going to change about the Mountain

assumed Children of the Forest were going to end up being involved because of the HBO produced YT videos about them and the trees with faces

I assume White Walkers are corrupted Children of the Forest. no idea if that is true or not.

I seriously hope Bran does not actually start being able to fly unless it involves warging birds

There might be hope for the hound. He is on a well traveled path and he is one TOUGH GUY to kill. I have not given up on the Hound just yet.

Tywin in my opinion is dead. That arrow hit him square in the chest. I am betting he is dead and gone for good.

Good riddance to Shae. No lost there.

Qyburn seems like a misunderstood genius to me. He could save the Mountain but as he said, he would not be the same. Meaning more cruel? Like a living Zombie? Could be a worse and stronger version of the Mountain???

Bran will fly as in warging into flying creatures I think. He might be the ultimate warg for all flying creatures maybe? Or all living creatures as well?

The white walkers and still a confusing mystery to me like the children of the forest. I have no clue about either of them at the moment:(

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
I loved the Ray Harryhausen tribute last night. :)

Ray_Harryhausen.jpg

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
The season finished well, but this thread is finished.

There was a major spoiler discussed about during the past week, where it's like if you connect this and this and this, that means this is going to happen... And you only know about that because you worked backwards from knowing what happens due to the books, to work out the series of events in past episodes. Without knowing what happens there were dozens of different ways to connect the dots and produce different outcomes.

The constant crying of the spoiler-nazis is almost as entertaining as the show. I've half a mind to post obscure references and not mention they're from the show just to see how many people lose it.

They could easily read all the books before the next season if they started now.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
There might be hope for the hound. He is on a well traveled path and he is one TOUGH GUY to kill. I have not given up on the Hound just yet.

Tywin in my opinion is dead. That arrow hit him square in the chest. I am betting he is dead and gone for good.

GRRM should troll all the fans next season and have Benjen Stark, Syrio Forel, and the Hound all sitting in the background in a tavern in some random scene not saying a word, with none of the other characters noticing. Would be epic.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
They could easily read all the books before the next season if they started now.

No thank you. Then I would go from the army of people pissed because book people spoil the TV plot to the army of people pissed that the TV shows spoils the book plot.

I like my current army.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I doubt it. He probably realized that Tyrion killed Cersei or Tywin as Tywin is the Hand of the King and Cersei is the Queen Regent. While not as serious as killing the king, I doubt both of them are looked upon as favorable.

As for Tommen, I don't think Tyrion has any ill will toward Tommen as he seems like a nice boy. Tyrion has never come across as the type to kill like that.

Yeah, I thought it was either Tywin or Cersei, but the feminine leg pointed me toward the latter... until I heard the "my lion" bit.

No I know Tyrion does not have any ill will towards Tommen, he and Jamie seem to be the only Lannisters Tyrion truly cares for (well the girl who was shipped away too). I just thought with the sound in Varys' voice when he said "what have you done" that he thought something like the King was dead. Cersei though I can imagine making him just as upset.

Good riddance to Shae. No lost there.

Qyburn seems like a misunderstood genius to me. He could save the Mountain but as he said, he would not be the same. Meaning more cruel? Like a living Zombie? Could be a worse and stronger version of the Mountain???

Bran will fly as in warging into flying creatures I think. He might be the ultimate warg for all flying creatures maybe? Or all living creatures as well?

The white walkers and still a confusing mystery to me like the children of the forest. I have no clue about either of them at the moment:(

Yeah, I'm assuming Bran will be able to warg into dragons. I also assume we will have a zombie Mountain!

Sure hope you are right about The Hound!

Completely missing the point as usual.

KT

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Okay so Tywin Lannister did not seem to upset about his son and daughter boinking each other. Not that it matters now.