Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 357 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I don't think the show has done a great job showing just how vast the wall is (or how large Westeros is, for that matter).

when John climbed it in season 3 they did a pretty freeking good job of saying how big it was.

he also said keeps were manned still
East watch
Castle Black
the Shadow Tower

now he may have been lying about that as he also told them castle black had 1000 people at it

pretty sure they have said its about a months journey from Winterfel to the wall more than once

Cookie Monster

Diamond Member
May 7, 2005
Question...

Was Ygritte pregnant?? hence why she got so mad when John left her (after the cave cuddle and all) and later when she died says "you know nothing John Snow?"

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Question...

Was Ygritte pregnant?? hence why she got so mad when John left her (after the cave cuddle and all) and later when she died says "you know nothing John Snow?"

Hmm.
If when GRRM dies and his notes on the book get published, something like that might be in there but AFAIK, that was not in the books.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
8J1n1rS.jpg

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

so after tyrion won the 1st trial by combat, why didn't he inquire more about the dagger that got him into that predicament?

and when he found out the war was started because of his kidnapping, I'm surprised he didn't push the issue about who's dagger was that.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
so after tyrion won the 1st trial by combat, why didn't he inquire more about the dagger that got him into that predicament?

and when he found out the war was started because of his kidnapping, I'm surprised he didn't push the issue about who's dagger was that.
I don't think the show is going to go back to that particular topic I could pm you the answer if you want.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Can someone tell me why Wildings are suddenly launch a massive attack to the wall and want to advance South?

I thought they were fine with where they were- happy and proud as free folk.

I think I missed the reason. Was it because White Walkers are becoming awake? I don't remember that being clear.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Can someone tell me why Wildings are suddenly launch a massive attack to the wall and want to advance South?

I think I missed the reason. Was it because White Walkers are becoming awake? I don't remember that being clear.

Just from the last episode (iirc), sounds like the southerners came north, pushed the wildlings out, built the wall, and said f u.

Now the Wildlings have a leader (Manse?) who united all the Wildling tribes and their goal is to retake what was theirs...that's my take on it.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
Just from the last episode (iirc), sounds like the southerners came north, pushed the wildlings out, built the wall, and said f u.

Now the Wildlings have a leader (Manse?) who united all the Wildling tribes and their goal is to retake what was theirs...that's my take on it.

yeah, i thought it was more of the fact that they finally had someone to focus all the smaller groups towards the one common goal of taking their land back. until this point, they were just a bunch of splinter groups that spent a lot of time fighting with each other and not being willing to work together.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
mance and jon explicitely said twice this and last season that Mance united the wildlings by telling them they would all be dead by winter. Only thing that would make the cannibals and giants and flaming red bushes band together to get south. This is why I think Mance will live and take up the mantle fighting the white walkers to save his people. As I mentioned earlier they have all those damn empty castles. Let em have a few.

would be awesome to see Giantsbane and jon fighting walkers side by side.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
yeah, i thought it was more of the fact that they finally had someone to focus all the smaller groups towards the one common goal of taking their land back. until this point, they were just a bunch of splinter groups that spent a lot of time fighting with each other and not being willing to work together.

Back when Jon first "defected" to the wildings after being captured, Mans says "you know how I united 90 tribes that hate each other? I told them we were all going to die."

So the implication is that the white walkers are becoming more and more present, much more so than they've been in the past. This goes back to the very first scene in the very first episode where the rangers found the body parts arranged in a pattern and were all "WTF, wildlings don't do this shit!"

Mar 10, 2005
Back when Jon first "defected" to the wildings after being captured, Mans says "you know how I united 90 tribes that hate each other? I told them we were all going to die."

So the implication is that the white walkers are becoming more and more present, much more so than they've been in the past. This goes back to the very first scene in the very first episode where the rangers found the body parts arranged in a pattern and were all "WTF, wildlings don't do this shit!"

the girl from that scene was shown again in bran's tree dream

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Well then why don't you get your little director's cap out of your toy chest and show us how it's done?

A lot happened in that battle. We learned a lot about the wall's actual defenses, how vulnerable it is from the south, the tactical options available to the wildlings, etc. There was plenty of detail that was apparently quite lost on you.

You're just one of those haters who gets their panties in a twist over a single episode without waiting to see where the story takes it. People like you were just as pissed about Bran's story line until he got captured and holy Hodor broke Locke's neck. By your logic they should just have skipped everything Bran went through since escaping Winterfell and just jumped-cut to his being captured north of the wall.

I think you have way too much ADD for this show; do you throw a piddly little temper tantrum every time you see an episode that doesn't perfectly suit your tastes?

I sometimes wonder why boobs watch GoT, if all they want to do is bitch about it. Apparently they'd be happier with fantasy that's more "conventional" and dumbed-down. I believe Legend of the Seeker is still available on Netflix, I'm sure it would be more to their liking. :p

For those griping about Stannis...
the Red Woman said that was the last warm bath she'd have for a while, that's plenty of insight into what's potentially on the horizon and about as much foreshadowing the writers and producers of the show generally give. If you can't contribute at least a fraction of your attention to the plot and what's said and then add 2+2 together, it's no one's fault but your own. It isn't that difficult to guess what's around the corner most of the time.

Mar 10, 2005
what's with the spoiler tag? spoiler tags are never needed in this thread - we do not post spoilers, and what has been aired is not a spoiler.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Back when Jon infiltrated them, Mance goes on and on about the death that is approaching them, vis-a-vis the zombies. He unified the tribes by convincing them that the only way to survive is to get south of the wall.