Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 349 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
she's 18.

In any case, I honestly will never understand the guy who doesn't have a thing for this:
Sophie-with-a-fan-sophie-turner-35147474-612-612.jpg

She's up there with Dany and Lady Flowers in my book. But then again we've had people declare Dany as "too mousy" or "looks like a child" in this thread so who knows.

I think a lot of guys have some psychological guilt block if they know an actress or her character is under 18. Who cares? Are all the parts fully grown? Then there's no shame in looking.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
In any case, I honestly will never understand the guy who doesn't have a thing for this:
Sophie-with-a-fan-sophie-turner-35147474-612-612.jpg

She's up there with Dany and Lady Flowers in my book. But then again we've had people declare Dany as "too Mousy" in this thread so who knows.

I think a lot of guys have some psychological guilt block if they know an actress or her character is under 18. Who cares? Are all the parts fully grown? Then there's no shame in looking.

No, Lady Flowers is "too Mousy." I just call her Queen Sideways look (I was calling her that when she was Ann Bolyen in that mediocre Showtime series). Still, I think she's hot, even if she has a sideways face. Interesting is always better than "standard bombshell" in my book.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Well that is exactly what should be happening. Why people who read the books feel he need to post in here at all bewilders me. There is a thread for those people where they can talk about the show and how it all relates to the book, yet they want to come here and post and get pissed at us show watchers when we call out what seems like a spoiler. /sigh

KT

Couldn't you boot them out of the thread or put their posts in the moderation queue for the non-spoiler thread? Mocking the spoiler rule is just adding fuel on the fire as well.
Even the former troublemakers have learnt that they either shut up with their grumbling about the spoiler rule or get booted off from the other thread as well.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
The spoiler cunts have no lives. To me they should be simply banned for not only going against common courtesy, but to direct MOD requests.

All this stuff can be easily searched with Google. Those that don't want to know, don't do that. I feel many here really haven't read the books, but want to seem "cool" by playing they have.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Ugh, Sam... you don't ever state your result in an upcoming battle! That's pretty much spelling your impending doom!! :(

mistercrabby

Mar 9, 2013
fuck these love stories.. I liked the previous episode much better :(

Some of the action scenes are really good. The lack of effective leadership on the Crowes side is to be expected with Marmont gone. The Scythe was cool. It was nice of everyone to start fighting quietly so Ygrette could die so sweetly in John's arms.

What was the point of John Snow walking out the main North gate in the light of day with what must be thousands of Wildlings watching?

I could go on... not their best work. Very Hollywood.

mpo

Jan 8, 2010
What was the point of John Snow walking out the main North gate in the light of day with what must be thousands of Wildlings watching?

I could go on... not their best work. Very Hollywood.
There have been several examples of opposing sides meeting to negotiate mid war. Last week, Theon went to Moat Cailin.

Also, Daario and the other captains of the Stormcrows met with Dany to try and get a settlement before her attack on Yunkai.

Finally, Renly and Stannis had their parley a while ago.

The two sides couldn't exactly pick up the red phone to negotiate.

TiredEngineer

Jul 26, 2013
Meh.

I would have been fine with an entire episode dedicated to a battle if it completely finished, but it was an entire episode of a 10 episodes/season show dedicated to a battle that still leaves them outnumbered 1000:1. Granted, Jon Snow may have magical persuasion, but I doubt it.

Episode 8: Tyrion is declared guilty and sentenced to death at the end of one of the biggest scenes of the entire series.
Episode 9: Not a single mention of these events.

In other news I went and saw "Tyrion" in Xmen last night. I just can't see him as any character other than Tyrion.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
ultimate troll from GRR Martin: the only person to return after a promise to return...is Sam. for fucks sake.
As soon as he said that, I was like, "this fucking fuck is actually going to survive! FML! The author hates us all!:("

...actually, I liked Sam, and even Gilly in this episode, fwiw.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Meh.

I would have been fine with an entire episode dedicated to a battle if it completely finished, but it was an entire episode of a 10 episodes/season show dedicated to a battle that still leaves them outnumbered 1000:1. Granted, Jon Snow may have magical persuasion, but I doubt it.

Episode 8: Tyrion is declared guilty and sentenced to death at the end of one of the biggest scenes of the entire series.
Episode 9: Not a single mention of these events.

In other news I went and saw "Tyrion" in Xmen last night. I just can't see him as any character other than Tyrion.

season 2 was pretty much like that for episode 9: Blackwater and nothing else. Of course, that battle had a lot more going, in terms of the entire story--a side effect of much of the story being dedicated to Kings Landing and the Lannisters, anyway.

Dinkledge: you should watch The Station Agent. awesome flick.

I know I've put a bunch of shit on Dinkledge for a crummy accent and alittle overacting for parts of the series, but I have to say: He's been lights out the last 4 or 5 episodes of this season.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
btw--is next week 2 hours long? I know it hasn't happened, but SV ended last week, they showed final 2 episodes of Veep this week...so there's an entire hour next week, and GoT could certainly use that time to cover up these last two weeks of content.

....or are they using that hour to premier their stupid new Left Behind Jesus series? :mad: