Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 346 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Things that I love about this forum.. rather than accept that people don't want shit spoiled and the post did sound like a spoiler (the hound's bite was an issue last episode) and moving on, people would rather start mocking the spoiler free zone. This is why we can't have nice things.. too many people are being dicks thinking they're funny.

02ranger

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks. Some of us haven't seen The Usual Suspects. :colbert:

(Note, I am being serious. I haven't seen that movie, but I bought it recently... asshole. :|)

I'm sorry about that. Truly. If it's any consolation it was spoiled for me too, about a year ago, and the response I got was "the movie's so old now it's fair game." I really didn't mean to spoil it for anybody, though. I thought everybody had seen it by now, cause I've seen that same thing posted a hundred times...........

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Things that I love about this forum.. rather than accept that people don't want shit spoiled and the post did sound like a spoiler (the hound's bite was an issue last episode) and moving on, people would rather start mocking the spoiler free zone. This is why we can't have nice things.. too many people are being dicks thinking they're funny.

Yep.

KT

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Thanks. Some of us haven't seen The Usual Suspects. :colbert:

(Note, I am being serious. I haven't seen that movie, but I bought it recently... asshole. :|)

Next up, Aikouka gets upset people spoil another 15+ year old movie! Bruce Willis is actually dead! >_<

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

No, what's so great about the forum is that now it seems to be controlled by a bunch of screaming children who think everyone else should accede to their whims. While the post might have sounded like a spoiler to those who are not paying attention it was in fact NOT a spoiler and that fact seems to have escaped the vocal minority who keep whining about it. Nobody here is responsible for keeping track of what a few idiots miss because they're so busy screaming "SPOILER!!" at the top of their lungs that they forget to pay attention to the show. Something either is a spoiler or it is not and if it's not a spoiler it is not magically transformed into one because one petulant child happened to miss the scene where it took place. What this thread is now is nothing more than the boy who cried wolf, the anti-spoiler crowd loses the moral highground when they shout "SPOILER!!" at people who are NOT posting spoilers.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
One problem is that there is only one person in these forums that seems to be paying attention to the show...as defined by that one person.

:\

Reality, though, is that unless you are watching each episode over and over and over again, it is very easy to miss a lot of these things--especially one simple line like that.

watching the first 3 seasons back to back, without copies of my own that had to be returned after a day, you miss a lot. Especially when trying to figure out whothefuck is what and whoisfuckingwho and whogotfuckedbywho and why do all of these actors look the same?

I've only recently gone back and watched episodes of the previous seasons b/c HBO recently put them up on the On Demand service here, so I can play them in the background. You pick up a lot that was missed before, and especially now when you know who is who, things seem more important or obvious...Of course, when you already know what's going to happen later these things stand out further. Some things that seem blatantly obvious to people now, are pretty much obvious because those people already know what will happen in the books.

Renly Barathion...I thought that guy was brand new in season 2. I ignored the DVD's "who's new" feature (which, yes, included him), despite his having been involved in several episodes season 1. I kinda knew he was some guy, and family, or whatever, but when you watch a bunch of episodes when you really should be asleep....shit happens.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Renly Barathion...I thought that guy was brand new in season 2. I ignored the DVD's "who's new" feature (which, yes, included him), despite his having been involved in several episodes season 1. I kinda knew he was some guy, and family, or whatever, but when you watch a bunch of episodes when you really should be asleep....shit happens.

He was in King Robert's council, but in most of season 1 it was really tough to know who is who, as they all looked pretty much the same to me :(

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I'm sorry about that. Truly. If it's any consolation it was spoiled for me too, about a year ago, and the response I got was "the movie's so old now it's fair game." I really didn't mean to spoil it for anybody, though. I thought everybody had seen it by now, cause I've seen that same thing posted a hundred times...........

Nah, you may have reminded me of the spoiling, but it was actually someone else that revealed the big twist only about a week after I bought the movie. :\ Sorry for making you feel bad for no reason. :oops:

Although, I would assume that the Harry Potter and Sixth Sense memes are more ubiquitous than The Usual Suspects!

Next up, Aikouka gets upset people spoil another 15+ year old movie! Bruce Willis is actually dead! >_<

You know what the best part is? I've never seen Sixth Sense either. You know why? Because some ass spoiled that before I saw it, and there's no point! :|

Mar 10, 2005
He was in King Robert's council, but in most of season 1 it was really tough to know who is who, as they all looked pretty much the same to me :(

i think the 1st time he was worth noticing was when he argued with robert on the hunt. until then, just a face in the crowd.

02ranger

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2006
Nah, you may have reminded me of the spoiling, but it was actually someone else that revealed the big twist only about a week after I bought the movie. :\ Sorry for making you feel bad for no reason. :oops:

Although, I would assume that the Harry Potter and Sixth Sense memes are more ubiquitous than The Usual Suspects!

You know what the best part is? I've never seen Sixth Sense either. You know why? Because some ass spoiled that before I saw it, and there's no point! :|

You're right, The Usual Suspects spoiler/meme has fallen out of use lately, but I felt like going retro. lol Glad you're not too upset about it. TBH "Snape kills Dumbledore" never even crossed my mind, somehow. The head in the box isn't getting many comments either. ;)

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Spoiler Nazis have officially jumped the shark calling the actual show a spoiler. Now we can't even talk about shit you've forgotten? Lmao.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005

SPOILER REMOVED

Please do not post book spoilers in this thread.

Anandtech Administrator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
SPOILER REMOVED

I predict the bite is going to be a major problem for him based on the show keep on mentioning it.

other chars have had scrapes and minor cut and the show never bought it back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 10, 2005

the spoiler-free zone was made a mockery by claiming something that aired a year ago was a spoiler. i am mocking that mockery. also, i am now mocking you, sir.

how is it that i, without gazing upon scrolls of martin, nor motion picture of future tense, may divine such fatal knowledge? is my dark secret tea leaves? chicken's blood? backwards rock and roll? nay! it happened to be the punchline of an awesome scene, in possibly the most talked-about episode of any tv show, ever.

what is so difficult to understand? the moment something airs, it's fair game to discuss. you don't see me in here on sunday nights because i don't get to watch the show until monday - i don't tell everyone else to shut up until i can catch up to the rest of the universe. now i'm getting bullshit for a line of dialogue that aired 368 days ago. if somebody can't pay attention, or can't remember, or just doesn't understand, must this discussion thread grind to a halt? if so, then lock the fucking thing up.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I think Jaime is going to help Tyrion escape death, just the way no-one did for Ned... where, how, that's something to speculate about. But Jamie was definitely happy when he thought his bother had gotten off; and honestly would have stood for his brother had his hand been functional.

Perhaps Varys had already been working on something since before the trial, and thats why he was so unhappy that he remembered how Tyrian saved them all? Perhaps in a way that explains Shae's betrayal?

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
hm... only 100 men left at the Wall.

how many did they start with at the beginning of the show?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
We don't actually know if Kevin Spacey was Keyser Soze. The only thing we know is their initials match.