Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 343 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
i should know better, but i think almost all of the characters still with us from season 1 are safe from the fat, bearded angel of death known as grrrrm:

tyrion - seriously, no tyrion = no GoT
sansa - that would be a HUGE shock, especially now
arya - nope
hound - maybe. like i said before, he better go out in the fight of the century and not drogo out on us.
jon snow - nope
raisin bran + hodor - bran is obviously a central element, but i fear for hodor
rickon rickoff and whatshername - ???
theon - theon already died, and reek is safe as ramsay's pet
baelish - remove him, and what's left? nothing we've seen so far fills his shoes
varys - that would be a real shame, especially since he's got his own power play on simmer
cersei - revenge murder is the only way for her to go out. take your pick as to who dishes it out.
jamie - maybe. he's pretty marginalized after a great story (and performance) upon returning to king's landing. has he peaked?
tywin - either age or revenge/war, feels like it's coming soon.
danerys - nope
friendzone - maybe the next time we see him?

who am i forgetting? shae and michael bolton first appeared in s2, but i can see either of them hankering for a shankering. ygritte will die in jon snow's arms, maybe by his hand - you heard it here first.

remember, the only rule in the game of thrones is smart people survive.

Cersei sums it up best: "In the game of thrones...You eithier win the crown or you die"

http://youtu.be/_iFl8JZk13s

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
i'm liking the dress more, but the neck-anchor thing is way too much. i missed the bird connection earlier.

notice how she's smiling, almost laughing? evil! again, i wish her transformation was more gradual.

More importantly, I think she's 18 now.

qliveur

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2007
No, Sansa knows what Littlefinger wants, and she has decided that she is no longer above using access to that to her advantage.
The question is, is she smart enough to know that eventually she has to pay that piper, or will she be all traumatized when he won't take any more excuses.
So the change is due to loss of innocence, not virginity. I knew it was the former; I was just wondering if it was the latter as well.

If the latter does happen, It'll probably be more than just implied. This is GoT, after all.

PingviN

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2009
Watching this series is like shoving nails up the dickhole. Tyrion just can't catch a break.

"If you're going to kill somebody, kill them! Don't stand around talking about it!"

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Watching this series is like shoving nails up the dickhole. Tyrion just can't catch a break.

"If you're going to kill somebody, kill them! Don't stand around talking about it!"

It's Oberyn's fault for being born into a kingdom that doesn't have James Bond movies. If he had learned from the mistakes of Bond villains he would have finished off Gregor and he'd be banging everything in one of Petyr's brothels right about now.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
It's Oberyn's fault for being born into a kingdom that doesn't have James Bond movies. If he had learned from the mistakes of Bond villains he would have finished off Gregor and he'd be banging everything in one of Petyr's brothels right about now.

He also must have relied on someone else to prepare his poison used during the battle. Surely the master of poisons would be aware or not if his poison would have actually incapacitated the target or if they could suddenly spring into action after being poisoned.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
dM9ZiAr.png

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
He also must have relied on someone else to prepare his poison used during the battle. Surely the master of poisons would be aware or not if his poison would have actually incapacitated the target or if they could suddenly spring into action after being poisoned.
I think he assumed the spear to (through) the chest would have done that.

If he was counting on poison the size of the Mountain could have come in to play (dosage vs. size/time to effect).

02ranger

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2006

If he was counting on poison the size of the Mountain could have come in to play (dosage vs. size/time to effect).

Not to mention the Mountain really only got one good hit in, so he really just had to muster enough energy for that hit. That seemed to incapacitate Oberyn and allow the Mountain to get on top of him and check his melon for ripeness :biggrin:.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

You are clearly not a man of principles.

Oberyn was banging everything that walked already.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Not to mention the Mountain really only got one good hit in, so he really just had to muster enough energy for that hit. That seemed to incapacitate Oberyn and allow the Mountain to get on top of him and check his melon for ripeness :biggrin:.

Did you notice most of Oberyn's upper/lower jaw leave his skull?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Did they show poison in the TV series?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

It works at times. Most are missing Petyr's talk with Queen of the Eyrie, he talked a lot.

02ranger

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2006
Did you notice most of Oberyn's upper/lower jaw leave his skull?

Yep, that was kinda my point. He didn't have to muster a whole lot of energy, just that one hit and then he had him. That was a hell of a hit, of course, but for somebody the Mountain's size it probably wouldn't be too hard to do. Especially if he had some kind of armor on his fist, I didn't pay attention to that.

Edit: I'm posting from work so I may not be writing too clearly. People were talking about how implausible it was that the Mountain had enough energy for what happened at the end of that fight, I was just trying to say it probably wouldn't take a tremendous amount of energy for him.

Last edited:

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Yep, that was kinda my point. He didn't have to muster a whole lot of energy, just that one hit and then he had him. That was a hell of a hit, of course, but for somebody the Mountain's size it probably wouldn't be too hard to do. Especially if he had some kind of armor on his fist, I didn't pay attention to that.

Edit: I'm posting from work so I may not be writing too clearly. People were talking about how implausible it was that the Mountain had enough energy for what happened at the end of that fight, I was just trying to say it probably wouldn't take a tremendous amount of energy for him.

Energy is a insignificant part of it. More importantly is how does one with a severe wound through his chest do that from lying on his back? I have had minor cramps in my chest where I couldn't move and I should believe a guy who is poisoned and has been speared through the chest - enough to cause blood gushing out the guy's mouth - to be able to do that?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Energy is a insignificant part of it. More importantly is how does one with a severe wound through his chest do that from lying on his back? I have had minor cramps in my chest where I couldn't move and I should believe a guy who is poisoned and has been speared through the chest - enough to cause blood gushing out the guy's mouth - to be able to do that?

For starters, he was in the middle of a fight to the death, not trying to stuff his face with cheetos on the couch, as is likely in your situation. He has adrenaline pumping through him and is fighting for his life. Secondly, he is the Mountain that Rides; not some pansy.

02ranger

Golden Member
Mar 22, 2006

That is a good point, I thought everybody was saying the poison should've weakened him too much, but he did move a little fast to have a hole in his chest.

Feb 6, 2007

How does a dead body reanimate into an ice zombie and survive without sustenance? How does a woman immerse herself in fire and emerge unscathed? Why are there significant labor pains for giving birth to an entity comprised entirely of highly compressible smoke? Why aren't any of Cersei and Jaime's offspring disfigured or mentally incompetent? The show raises some questions that seem to defy our common understanding of the way things work, but that's to be expected in a place with magic. A wounded giant getting an adrenaline surge and using what's left of his strength to rage-pound someone into goo doesn't actually strike me as all that unbelievable compared to some other things in the show.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Did they show poison in the TV series?
Maybe? Several people mentioned it's a possibility and we saw a scene where Oberyn's squire was wiping the spear with a rag wearing leather gloves. It didn't look like he was polishing it, it looked like he was coating it with something.

It hasn't been verified in the show.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
I would not make any wagers on this. The Game of Thrones seems to be a Free For All Deathmatch. Personally I think all but a few has to die. My bet is that everyone dies except Daenerys, Jon Snow, Bran, and Rickon who teams up for the final showdown against the ice zombies. Maybe they will then do a Walking Dead/GoT Crossover episode. (why not, it would make as much sense as the rest of the shit that goes on on The Walking Dead)

No, Sansa knows what Littlefinger wants, and she has decided that she is no longer above using access to that to her advantage.
The question is, is she smart enough to know that eventually she has to pay that piper, or will she be all traumatized when he won't take any more excuses.

Sansa had to start giving that pussy up to assert her dominance over men in the art of manipulation. I wonder if she knows how powerful her pussy really is?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And is it just me, or was it implied that Sansa and Little Finger did the deed? :sneaky:

Little Finger said in season 2 or 3--when he brought in that hot red-head from Winterfell (that he later sold off to Joffrey as a pincushion) that he hasn't any interest in such funny business.

Least, not with anyone but the only woman he loved--meaning old lady Stark. Perhaps he is not past bedding her daughter, but I don't really think that was implied in that scene.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Maybe? Several people mentioned it's a possibility and we saw a scene where Oberyn's squire was wiping the spear with a rag wearing leather gloves. It didn't look like he was polishing it, it looked like he was coating it with something.

It hasn't been verified in the show.

Another dickscarf who can't help but post vague spoilers. It's probably not intentional however since we can't expect those with the intalect of hodor to know better.

Should have ignored alk years ago

Last edited: