Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 318 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
The scene where Lysa fell down looked really low budget... overall a pretty good and enjoyable episode (always nice to see the red woman's boobs). Should be interesting fight between Viper and Mountain two weeks from now (no show next week because of Memorial Day Holiday).

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Great episode..Oberyn gonna whoop dat ass! Lmao at the classic, "which way - left or right?" scene... im guessing prob took the wrong one..

What were they talking about just before arriving at that fork? I ask because the audio on the broadcast cut out on that scene for me.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
What were they talking about just before arriving at that fork? I ask because the audio on the broadcast cut out on that scene for me.

Podrick talking about how tyrion made him learn about all the houses and their relations. Which is how he decided it's a good possibility that sansa and arya are both at the eyrie.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Well, I certainly was wrong about Oberyn choosing to champion for Tyrion...

Seems like a good Game of Thrones plot to have him die to the Mountain. We'll find out in the Season 5 finale who wins the trial by combat!

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Podrick talking about how tyrion made him learn about all the houses and their relations. Which is how he decided it's a good possibility that sansa and arya are both at the eyrie.

Thanks. Was the fork in the road a decision between heading on the path to Castle Black versus the path to the Eyrie? Or was it just a random fork in the road without any indication which path led where?

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
Was the fork in the road a decision between heading on the path to Castle Black versus the path to the Eyrie? Or was it just a random fork in the road without any guidance?

They didn't really say, but it's just kinda implied that the left path would lead north and the right would lead east towards the vale of arryn.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
We'll find out in the Season 5 finale who wins the trial by combat!

God damn I hope not--that's 3 more episodes and 4 weeks away. D:

Oh, season 5. You are right, lol.

I was going to make that joke last week before this episode--we'd just see Tyrion glaring at the court, every episode, until midway through next season. hah!

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
If you pay attention to the opening credits you can get a pretty decent understanding of the basic geography.

Every time I watch the opening credits all I'm thinking is "wiener wiener, wiener wiener...", rather than studying the map!

Damn you South Park and your humorous comedy! :)

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
"What's your name?"
"Rorge"
"thank you."

HAHAHAHAHa

lol

Red witches tits win for best scene though. I dislike that they put her in full makeup while her counterpart in that scene obviously has much less on.

I was very interested in the Iron Bank scene. Since the Iron Bank is seems to be some sort of demonic economically enslaving entity based on Tywin's talk on it last episode, I was hoping to see some devious Satanic stuff. Quite boring TBH.

Viper is going to win. Mountain has no personality and is hyped up way too much.

From watching the episode it seemed like lady knight and her steward took the wrong path, but I bet they took the right one.

The trial and speech from Tyrion was predictable. A lot of this stuff is. I just want the White Walkers to get on with it.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If you pay attention to the opening credits you can get a pretty decent understanding of the basic geography.

I thought that at one time. then looked at some of the static maps on DVD extras from season 1 or 2 whatever...and was like wtf.

:\

All I'm saying is that, none of that should be necessary.

but you're right though--I think it was implied through their chat which way they were heading. It was never a mystery to me.

Last edited:

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
not sure about that--but he definitely was maneuvering for Sansa for some time, and certainly wanted Queen lady dead.

I see it as a convenient situation that worked out for him earlier than he hoped
AFAIR, Little Finger has never killed anyone by his own hands.

I just don't get how the people of the Vale would be like "Ok LF, it's cool that our Lady suspiciously died, you're in charge now.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Every time I watch the opening credits all I'm thinking is "wiener wiener, wiener wiener...", rather than studying the map!

Damn you South Park and your humorous comedy! :)

South Park guys were way off base with their implication that this show is full of wieners. This particular episode had dude's ass and specifically avoided showing wiener.

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
lol

Red witches tits win for best scene though. I dislike that they put her in full makeup while her counterpart in that scene obviously has much less on.

I was very interested in the Iron Bank scene. Since the Iron Bank is seems to be some sort of demonic economically enslaving entity based on Tywin's talk on it last episode, I was hoping to see some devious Satanic stuff. Quite boring TBH.

Viper is going to win. Mountain has no personality and is hyped up way too much.

From watching the episode it seemed like lady knight and her steward took the wrong path, but I bet they took the right one.

The trial and speech from Tyrion was predictable. A lot of this stuff is. I just want the White Walkers to get on with it.

Whatever happened to all those White Walkers Sam saw going past him last season? He made it back to the wall - where did they end up?

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
I wanted to see that kid fly too :)

I would assume that's going to happen soon. It wouldn't really make sense for Littlefinger to off Lysa and let the kid live since Lysa was technically just a regent. If Littlefinger wants complete control of the Vale, he'd have to kill the kid too.

Mar 10, 2005
this episode was A fucking MAZING! lots of story progress, great looking scenes, some surprises, and the acting was excellent. predictably, the low points were the wall, danerys and melissandre, but they were a bit better than their average.

arya/hound scenes 1 AND 2 - excellent! notice how they are exchanging the roles of fragile human and stone cold killing machine.

tyrion scenes 1,2 and 3 - pretty good. i knew bronn would be given the classic choice of "silver or lead" and choose silver. oberryn (sp? who cares? he shall be known as keith olberman) had the best scene of the 3.

the wall - predictable, didn't add much. at least it was short.

meereen - silly and lame. surgical friendzone received an ultimate triple friendzone smackdown.

the mountain - the 2nd or 3rd guy playing the part. i kept thinking he should be racing other freaks with huge safes on their backs, world's strongest man-style.

the inn at the crossroads - great scene! i liked hot pie's appearance - not a larger-than-life character, just a shmo that's established at this location and the big characters interact with him. brienne's lines were a bit heavy-handed and not at all discrete, but i guess that was necessary to move it along towards the eyrie.

the eyrie - wow! sophie turner is hot as hell, and she looked great contrasted against the snow and cool tones (tv/photochop magic also applies). the snowy scene provides her character with the first bit of relief she's had in years. when the camera reveals winterfell, i said out loud "whoa! she's REALLY good at that!" :D. i thought the bomb was dropped when she slapped the kid, and then i thought the bomb was REALLY dropped when looney tunes saw baelish kiss her, but then the bomb was REALLY, REALLY dropped out the moon door :p

this might go down as 1 of the best episodes of the whole show :colbert:

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I would assume that's going to happen soon. It wouldn't really make sense for Littlefinger to off Lysa and let the kid live since Lysa was technically just a regent. If Littlefinger wants complete control of the Vale, he'd have to kill the kid too.

Except, he is now Lord Protector of the Vale and Reagent. And, considering that kid is pretty messed up, it shouldn't be that hard for LF to manipulate him and actually have control, while being able to work from the shadows.

Some pretty good things happening last night. Ser Friendzone talking Dany out of being a Mad Queen, her banging Daario, Oberyn wanted revenge, Bronn confirming he is a sell sword and little else.

Also, Bronn implied he was likely to become lord of a castle soon, as he obviously has no problems dispatching older sisters.

And, anyone who didn't think Oberyn wouldfight the Mountain wasn't paying attention. He already established that was one of the people he held responsible for killing his sister and her children, plus, he wanted to avenge them himself. They pretty much foreshadowed the entire thing and as soon as "I demand a trial by combat" was said, you knew it was going to happen for sure.

Overall, a good episode.

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Except, he is now Lord Protector of the Vale and Reagent. And, considering that kid is pretty messed up, it shouldn't be that hard for LF to manipulate him and actually have control, while being able to work from the shadows.

Right, but once the kid comes of age, LF would be cast aside. Besides, that little brat is a bit of a wildcard, and he annoys me more than Joffrey ever did. I hope he's "dealt with" rather quickly.