Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 260 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AViking

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2013
I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want YOU TO STOP BITCHING IN THIS THREAD AND DISCUSS THE FUCKING SHOW INSTEAD!

AViking

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2013
Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I... I WANT YOU TO STOP BITCHING IN THIS THREAD AND DISCUSS THE FUCKING SHOW INSTEAD!

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want YOU TO STOP BITCHING IN THIS THREAD AND DISCUSS THE FUCKING SHOW INSTEAD!
OK, fine, but you're going to have to explain your avatar first.

:colbert:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
OK, fine, but you're going to have to explain your avatar first.

:colbert:

Agreed.

I give last Sundays episode a 5 out of 10. That's on my GoT scale which only compares it to other episodes of GoT. What saved it from being a 2 was the scene with LF and the scene with Dany at the gates of the city.

C'mon GoT pick up your game.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
How does Daenerys feed her people? She has like a bazallion soldiers and she is walking though a desert. No trees, no water, no animals...

Because its a fantasy?

I assume she sent raiding parties out to the more fertile regions. The raiders raped(well, not the unsullied) and pillaged and carried off food for Dany's army. We don't know about this because Dany has a great p.r. department, led by Don Draper, whose job it is to portray Dany as a kind and gentle ruler.

AViking

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2013
Because its a fantasy?

I assume she sent raiding parties out to the more fertile regions. The raiders raped(well, not the unsullied) and pillaged and carried off food for Dany's army. We don't know about this because Dany has a great p.r. department, led by Don Draper, whose job it is to portray Dany as a kind and gentle ruler.

The impression I got was that the dothraki were good at living off the land plus whatever they got from their raids. She's not in the red waste any longer.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The impression I got was that the dothraki were good at living off the land plus whatever they got from their raids. She's not in the red waste any longer.

Every city they "free" it makes sense to take as much food and stores as they can, for the march to the next city. Dany isn't really so much of "good" person; more of a champion of the enslaved, who will do what it takes to free everyone. And that is kind of strange, as I believe slaving is legal in all the free cities, so she would have grown up with it.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I read that as irishscott being generally annoyed with my complaining about most of the boring plot lines right now--as he has been in some earlier posts--such as "you'd even complain about Tyrion's plot slogging!"

but, now that you mention it... :hmm:

^^^ This. Just a friendly jab. I haven't so much as touched any of the books so I have no idea what's coming. I assume we'll have a Dany episode or 3 at some point and Tyrion's story will be on the back-burner just as the reverse has been true.

Last edited:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Blech, I do not find Shea attractive at all. Red Priest is pretty hot, but yeah, I think Rob's dead wife was the hottest.

KT

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Every city they "free" it makes sense to take as much food and stores as they can, for the march to the next city. Dany isn't really so much of "good" person; more of a champion of the enslaved, who will do what it takes to free everyone. And that is kind of strange, as I believe slaving is legal in all the free cities, so she would have grown up with it.

yup. It's basically how the Roman military kept going as well. I do believe legionaries were salaried, but it wasn't much. All provisions and the bulk of their pay (call it tip money) was acquired through pillaging.

And Viking raiders were 100% sustained through pillage.