Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 210 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Didn't he decapitate his partners and offer their heads to Dany?

Yeah but they were all commanders of a sort to a band of mercenaries. If those mercenaries chose to follow Daario after he beheaded his comrades then he still could have pledged them to Dany's cause.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm going to miss Joffrey. He brought the lulz. :(

Agreed. While I once wanted him dead before the end of season 1, I now hoped for him to hang on longer because he was so damn entertaining. Though, maybe that's a good thing.

The character had become a caricature of himself. His wretched torments have gone from serious to hilarious, in a way. Probably a good time to off him, to help restore some of the seriousness of the evil in the show.

No Little Finger so far in this season? shame.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Kind of a weird conclusion considering the subject of the thread. However, it is an unusual series in that it's "low fantasy" in which magic is very rare and that political maneuverings are just as important if not more so than battlefield heroics.

Why? The subject of the thread is a TV series, not books. (well, it is supposed to be)

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah I miss Little Finger. Him and Varys are two of my favourites.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
i think you need your eyes checked

No way. I remember when I first saw her on Elementary; I thought she looked weird then and when she popped up on this show she still looked weird.

KT

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Possible I guess, but again seems very unlikely to me. Maybe she got worried about the consummation with Joffrey and also worried about the Ciersei/Rose Knight wedding and effectively ended both by doing this. It's possible, but she seems far too smart and calculating not to have a better end game than this.

Well we have to wonder who has anything to gain from Joffrey's wedding Lady Oleana does no longer have worry about the Monster possibly beating Margery as he beat Sansa, but who else might be involved as another poster noted.
On the other hand, I don't think Sansa could have pulled it off, and if she did, certainly it wasn't alone.
Perhaps a poisoning of a king would require the resources more than one party that has an interest in such things?

Minor book spoiler about events prior to the series so I don't think spoiler tags are really necessary.

A previous king in the past prior to events on the show was witnessed by the Kings Guard raping his wife due to the nature of the oath of the King's Guard a senior member prevented the younger king's guardsman from stopping that rape.

How would Loras Tyrell react to that? Lady Oleana probably worried about that possibility as well. Loras Tyrell in addition to being a renowned pillow biter also happens to be a very good fighter which also by events in the second season informs us of Lady Brienne's capability as a fighter.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
i think you need your eyes checked

Oh she's definitely weird looking. From when I first saw her as Ann Boylnn in that shitty Showtime (or was it Starz?) series, she's always been weird as hell.

Not that she isn't attractive, just has this odd sideways look about her--something asymmetrical going on with that one side of her face.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
LOL at the Natalie Dormer haters in this thread. :D

natalie_dormer_caricature_by_sigmak-d691c1v.jpg

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Oh she's definitely weird looking. From when I first saw her as Ann Boylnn in that shitty Showtime (or was it Starz?) series, she's always been weird as hell.

Not that she isn't attractive, just has this odd sideways look about her--something asymmetrical going on with that one side of her face.

Also HBO - Tudors. I liked that show a lot. Also it was immune to spoilers because it was documented history.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
she does the duckface too much in public and I think she actually does it on the show too.. maybe i'm just seeing things

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Yeah more suspects is fine, but it does nothing to give them power/the crown. Marjory (who is super weird looking by the way) would have had to be pregnant for it to be worthwhile.

KT

Yes, I agree. She is actually really mousey looking. Check her out in the first Captain America movie. She plays the blonde soldier who kisses Cap and Peggy walks in, then Cap talks about "fonduing"

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yes, I agree. She is actually really mousey looking. Check her out in the first Captain America movie. She plays the blonde soldier who kisses Cap and Peggy walks in, then Cap talks about "fonduing"

Oh yeah, forgot she was in there. I think she is actually decent in the role, and not unattractive, but every time her face pops up the first thing I think of is how weird she looks.

KT

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Also HBO - Tudors. I liked that show a lot. Also it was immune to spoilers because it was documented history.

I doubt it was HBO, as it is on Netflix streaming. HBO has never licensed their stuff to Netflix, so I can't imagine it being from them.

anyhoo, I never got to the point in the series where she lost her head, because the show was pretty bad.

but i'm not hating on Ms Dormer--she definitely looks odd, but that isn't always a bad thing.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
The Tudors was Showtime. To me, it's the positioning of her eyes - a little too wide. I still think she's hot but her eyes are a little odd looking.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I doubt it was HBO, as it is on Netflix streaming. HBO has never licensed their stuff to Netflix, so I can't imagine it being from them.

anyhoo, I never got to the point in the series where she lost her head, because the show was pretty bad.

but i'm not hating on Ms Dormer--she definitely looks odd, but that isn't always a bad thing.

Googled it, Showtime, my bad. I like history, so I liked the show.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I wouldn't throw her out of bed for looking at me sidways...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD3GhHKIQBc

of course that could also be because I am never going to be in the position of even having an opportunity to do so :p

she REALLY looks like the bartender at one of the bars where i live, its scary actually, only difference is the bartender does not have the crooked smile

I actually thought Natalie Dormer had bells palsy because of it but i dont think she does

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
she REALLY looks like the bartender at one of the bars where i live, its scary actually, only difference is the bartender does not have the crooked smile

I actually thought Natalie Dormer had bells palsy because of it but i dont think she does

:D That made me laugh.

Natalie Dormer reminds me a little bit of Taylor Swift.

Yeah, cat face. I can see that.

KT