Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 207 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Just stay the heck out of this thread, you're not doing anyone any favors.
No thanks.

And on a side note I didn't remember all the things the mini psycho Bolton is currently doing even in the books, that is starting to be an interesting side story. It was inferred but never laid out.

Last edited:

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
No thanks.

And on a side note I didn't remember all the things the mini psycho Bolton is currently doing even in the books, that is starting to be an interesting side story.

See? It's always about the books this and the books that.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
No thanks.

And on a side note I didn't remember all the things the mini psycho Bolton is currently doing even in the books, that is starting to be an interesting side story. It was inferred but never laid out.

Dude, get the f out of this thread. You are ruining it for everyone with your spoilers.

Mods, please ban this guy or just keep him out of this thread.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
See? It's always about the books this and the books that.
So now even saying something isn't like in the books is off limits.

I mean really.

I haven't posted a frigging spoiler yet that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
It's called the " Game of Thrones - HBO TV Series thread" for fucks sake. Why all the gd book talk?

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
If you want a book thread, I suggest that you start one. I would be happy to steer clear of that.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
Indeed

wouldn't the new queen/Anne Bolyn now be the one in charge? or is it still the power of Tywin's army that will hold the throne for Sarah Conner?

I'm sure that the Lannisters will try to hold on to power anyway that they can. I'm sure that we will see some kind of Kings Landing power struggle to come.

Feb 6, 2007
wouldn't the new queen/Anne Bolyn now be the one in charge? or is it still the power of Tywin's army that will hold the throne for Sarah Conner?

The marriage was never consummated, so she was never actually Joffrey's wife and doesn't inherit land or titles. And it certainly seems like, in the show, only male heirs can inherit the throne, so she wouldn't be eligible regardless. Which makes Tommen the next in line, right?

And I felt that episode was somewhat weak. I mean, yeah, OK, good ending, but I was left feeling like not a whole lot else really happened. And if an episode can kill off my least favorite character in television history and leave me slightly bored, well, I don't know. Maybe a subsequent rewatch will reveal more subtle intricacies.

Actually, now that I think about it, no Daenaerys and no Arya/Hound in that one and a whole bunch of Boltons/Theon and Bran... I don't really give two shits about those storylines, so this episode wasn't going to rate highly with me regardless.

And, yeah, MongGrel, I don't know what your intention is, but spoiling the show for us just because you know the story ahead of time basically makes you Joffrey. No one wants to be Joffrey. Knock it off.

Last edited:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Indeed

I don't get the impression anyone within the Lannister or Tyrell family is concerned about the proper order of succession. Tyrell's will probably try to have Margaery declared sole ruler, while the Lannisters will try to declare Joffrey's younger brother the rightful successor, trying to declare the marriage null & void.

The show has never been misleading to the viewers, and as such I will assume the Tyrells were the ones who poisoned Joffrey. And they have the trifecta to take over the throne. It's not said, but I think the Tyrells control an army in size that can win against the Lannisters, they have the great advantage of food supplies & citizen support, and they know the Lannisters have significant debt problems to fund further war as well as just to uphold the family motto.

Whoever can hold the throne by force gets to sit on the throne.

Last edited:

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
The marriage was never consummated, so she was never actually Joffrey's wife and doesn't inherit land or titles. And it certainly seems like, in the show, only male heirs can inherit the throne, so she wouldn't be eligible regardless. Which makes Tommen the next in line, right?

And I felt that episode was somewhat weak. I mean, yeah, OK, good ending, but I was left feeling like not a whole lot else really happened. And if an episode can kill off my least favorite character in television history and leave me slightly bored, well, I don't know. Maybe a subsequent rewatch will reveal more subtle intricacies.

Actually, now that I think about it, no Daenaerys and no Arya/Hound in that one and a whole bunch of Boltons/Theon and Bran... I don't really give two shits about those storylines, so this episode wasn't going to rate highly with me regardless.

And, yeah, MongGrel, I don't know what your intention is, but spoiling the show for us just because you know the story ahead of time basically makes you Joffrey. No one wants to be Joffrey. Knock it off.

Well said.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008

Kinda felt the same other then when I saw they decided to show the wedding and knew it was going to be interesting at least a bit.

The bolton and bran story lines drag the books down too much for me also.

Minor book spoiler:
I am glad to see Bronn is still around as I believe he was written out awhile ago in the books but his character is a nice distraction still.

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
we should really have segregated threads, one for readers, the other for illiterati.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
we should really have segregated threads, one for readers, the other for illiterati.

And change the thread title and in the OP to say what is allowed. Can't really blame people for posting spoilers when its not stated.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
And change the thread title and in the OP to say what is allowed. Can't really blame people for posting spoilers when its not stated.

Really. Discuss what has been televised so far. What's so hard about this people.

Last edited:

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
marriage isn't binding until its consummated (part of why the wedding ceremony included the "bedding" so that people got to see for themselves that marriage was consummated), which is a big reason why Tywin has put so much pressure on Tyrion to knock up Sansa and secure the north, as Tyrion refused the bedding.

So yeah, Cersei would have the highest official legal title right now (although whether she has the power is a different argument)

I don't get the impression anyone within the Lannister or Tyrell family is concerned about the proper order of succession. Tyrell's will probably try to have Margaery declared sole ruler, while the Lannisters will try to declare Joffrey's younger brother the rightful successor, trying to declare the marriage null & void.

The show has never been misleading to the viewers, and as such I will assume the Tyrells were the ones who poisoned Joffrey. And they have the trifecta to take over the throne. It's not said, but I think the Tyrells control an army in size that can win against the Lannisters, they have the great advantage of food supplies & citizen support, and they know the Lannisters have significant debt problems to fund further war as well as just to uphold the family motto.

Whoever can hold the throne by force gets to sit on the throne.

the Lannisters don't have the debt, the Throne does (King Joffrey Baratheon, not Lannister). If the Tyrells took control, Tywin could easily side with the Iron Bank by saying that he would have been able manage the kingdom to a point where the Iron Bank could be repaid, but that the Tyrells messed that all up...

I don't think the Tyrells are dumb enough to take that on, not with Lady Olenna still alive (and Margaery also appears to be rather cunning)

getting his dick chopped off and fed to him would have a been a more fitting death.

poison is such a girly way to go out.

sounds like you just made a solid case for it being a fitting death