Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 204 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Hodor said:
Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor?

Hodor Hodor Hodor:

• Hodor (Hodor)
  • Hodor
  • Hodor (Hodor Hodor)
  • Hodor Hodor
  • Hodor

Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor (Hodor Hodor!). Hodor.

Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor
I'm pretending to be a half-wit. This is all revealed in book 11, in which I kill Bran and Dany to take control of Westeros.
Hodor! Hodor Hodor Hodor.

Hodor Hodor! :D

:hmm: Fascinating.

Sephire

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2011
tumblr_n3nhazxVtD1t0rpy4o2_250.gif

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
I enjoyed some Ommegang Fire and Blood red ale watching the premier. Probably my favorite of the three released so far. Anyone else tried them?

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
I believe its so that they can put something else in this season that happens in the third book.

I realize, but the wedding is 3/4 into the 3rd book. Thought they would have put it a bit later. no worries, just thought it was a bit surprising to have it this early. Doesn't seem like there is that much left, guessing we will be seeing a bit of book 4 this season, or maybe they will draw it out a bit.

Feb 6, 2007
I enjoyed some Ommegang Fire and Blood red ale watching the premier. Probably my favorite of the three released so far. Anyone else tried them?

My wife tried to convince me to get that for the premiere but I went with an AleSmith Speedway Stout instead (which is just absurdly delicious). Maybe I'll get the Ommegang for episode 2.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007

I've tried the other two, I'll have to pick that one up. Thought they were OK, I was a little let down by the take the black stout, I think I just had too high expectations for it. I did had a growler full of a coffee porter for the premiere though, that was really good.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I realize, but the wedding is 3/4 into the 3rd book. Thought they would have put it a bit later. no worries, just thought it was a bit surprising to have it this early. Doesn't seem like there is that much left, guessing we will be seeing a bit of book 4 this season, or maybe they will draw it out a bit.

There was stuff from book 4 last season. Off the top of my head I cant remember what exactly but they started combining things to keep the same timeline like in the books.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
There was stuff from book 4 last season. Off the top of my head I cant remember what exactly but they started combining things to keep the same timeline like in the books.

What exactly? Last season was all book 3 and that was all a single timeline. The split didn't take place until books 4 and 5 and the series isn't there yet. If something from B4 got added (and I don't think anything was) is damn sure was not done to follow the books timeline.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I cant think of anything off the top of my head. And its minor stuff anyhow, which is also why i cant think of anything. The main plots are all book 3. I remember some random things from book 3 being in season 2 as well.

And youre right, I think I have books 4 and 5 confused with 3 and 4.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Arya doesn't kill the man who killed Lommy until book 6. That's why George RR Martin released that Arya chapter from Winds of Winter.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Yes I think there we'll some majors rewrites from the books as far as timelines as time goes on, it should still be very good.

They have done a few things all ready that differ from the books, and have done a nice job doing it.

I'm sure they have full intentions of keeping the series entertaining for the income it produces obviously, and like I mentioned a few days ago I think there is so much in the later books they have a ton of things they can do with this series for a very long time yet.

And just rearrange them in a linear fashion, which is I'm sure they are doing at the moment.

There's a lot of meat left on the chickens.

Last edited:

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Stuff with Theon wasn't in book 3. He didn't reappear until book 4 or 5 and then everything that happened to him was described in the past tense.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
So there will be seven books but so far only five have come out. People are worried about him dying.

How many seasons will be milked out of the books? It looks like at least more than seven.
I think there was rumors of the tv series ending on 7/8, probably 7 according to a producer which sounds reasonable because book 4 was relatively boring.

HBO should encourage GRR to get on a treadmill and eat more salads or something. At the very least, he'll have a clearer head and work faster and churn out the last book(s) quicker.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Stuff with Theon wasn't in book 3. He didn't reappear until book 4 or 5 and then everything that happened to him was described in the past tense.

The entire Winterfel stuff was different than what happened in the show. It wasn't Theon that burned Winterfel at all.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
If you haven't read the books, you'll definitely want to watch tomorrow's episode when it's on. Or avoid the internet until you have.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Regarding season premiere.

They did an amazing job with the destruction of Ice in the very beginning of the premiere.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
does Jamie know that Jeffrey is his son?

did Dario join the ex-slave army alone? or did his mercenary group join as well?