Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 203 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
The problem is that by killing off so many hero characters so aggressively, there is a good chance that there won't be enough heart left in the entire thing to make it through. Right now it is looking like the series is headed in two annoying directions:

"free the slaves" dragon queen

and

"ice zombies attack".

I would have delayed Ned's death until the end of season 2, and at worst I would have sent Robb into exile someplace.

Why save them? What do you do with them since they have nothing else to contribute to the story?

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
It could still have been done without killing Ned Stark so quickly.

Sean Bean was the heart and soul of the show IMO. He really brought the Irish into the role.

and whatshisname shouldn't have died at the end of tale of two cities...

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
I love those 'If GoT took place on Facebook' posts. Nice way to recap an episode. :)

http://happyplace.someecards.com/30451/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-4-episode-1

Episodes scripted by GRRM so far:

Season 1 - The Pointy End, episode 8

Season 2 - Blackwater, episode 9

Season 3 - The Bear and the Maiden Fair, episode 7

Season 4 - The Lion and the Rose, episode 2

The Lion And The Rose... That title makes me think of Lannisters and Tyrells (from the sigils). Maybe Joffrey's wedding to Margaery? I expect a good one.

Thinking about Cercei's 'symptoms'... Maybe she got pregnant from boinking her younger cousin at the time of the siege ("You took too long" she said to Jaime.) and now the ex-meister is helping her a

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Every time I see Jorah now I can't help chuckling over "Lord Friend Zone."

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Woah, didn't realize they would have Joffrey's wedding so early, I was thinking ep 4 or so. Should be a fun episode.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Woah, didn't realize they would have Joffrey's wedding so early, I was thinking ep 4 or so. Should be a fun episode.
Kinda expected it myself of course, there will be much going on.

Thought it would an episode or two later myself, could be a curve ball but it seems this would be it.

Hence my *spoilers* were never really *spoilers*, there will be much oddity going on all season.

And I'm still waiting on those B-52's to show up.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Just wondering: Knowing Martin is it entirely impossible that he has a giant "Fuck You!" planned for the obsessive fans and at the end everyone dies as the White Walkers take over a world of endless winter?

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001

I believe its so that they can put something else in this season that happens in the third book.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I believe its so that they can put something else in this season that happens in the third book.

I thought this season was to cover the entire second half of the second book. I know the wedding wasn't that far into second part of the book from what I remember. Almost a few chapters removed from the Red Wedding.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Spoiler!

Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor... :colbert:

Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor.:awe:

Hodor!!! :eek:

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

not another bloody wedding,. sheesh. enuf w/weddings

as for Jamie.. wasn't he blond on season 1?
I thought they also changed actors on him when I saw s4ep1

edit:
ahh.. and that's how she got an adamantium sword

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
not another bloody wedding,. sheesh. enuf w/weddings

as for Jamie.. wasn't he blond on season 1?
I thought they also changed actors on him when I saw s4ep1

edit:
ahh.. and that's how she got an adamantium sword
Weddings are fun, you get all kinds of people doing silly things.

Remember the Dothraki one in season one where Dany got married to Drago and they said it wasn't interesting unless 3 died.

Maybe more I forget.