Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 199 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
subscriptions, you dolts...

Personally, I don't care I know the story; but you idiots like to play bad ass online.

I watch like 2 hours of TV each week: The Black List and now Game of Thrones.

Were you those fuckers that spammed the Social Media sites that "Dumbledore Dies!"

Says the guy that posts pictures of an actor that has not even been on an aired episode yet. :biggrin:

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
People speak of height too much. On a movie set they can easily make Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson look 8' tall. The previous actors I doubt weighed anywhere near 420lbs (Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is 419lbs since the original is in Stones, it's the same). I bet this dude can use a 2H Sword single handedly.

Most people have no understanding how big a guy like this is. I am sure there are some 150-170lb bro's that are really cut saying they'd have such a 'slow ass' dude in a choke in no time. Keep in mind The Rock is like 6'5" and only 260lbs. This guy only has 4" on him and weighs in at 419lbs. I would assume his 'cut' equal to The Rock would come in at still around 360-375lbs. Fucker is packing some major muscle. The only risk is it's his first acting role.

Plus when other people on the set are runts being portrayed as normal to large people (I'm looing at you Kit Harrington) a huge person can easily be portrayed as a giant in comparison.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Says the guy that posts pictures of an actor that has not even been on an aired episode yet. :biggrin:

That is not a spoiler you retard. If you don't know who The Mountain is, then you didn't pay attention and nothing was spoiled.

You, are now playing the BITCH!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Plus when other people on the set are runts being portrayed as normal to large people (I'm looing at you Kit Harrington) a huge person can easily be portrayed as a giant in comparison.

Runts? She's is 5'6" tall (Technically 5'5.5" tall, but when I post I am 5'10.5" tall the forum goes fucking nuts about that extra 0.5").

She hardly is a runt, she has about an inch on her compared to most US women.

BTW where has John Crow been portrayed as a big guy?

Oh wait, you take Manlet seriously, and probably in the mouth.

What are your measurements?

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
That is not a spoiler you retard. If you don't know who The Mountain is, then you didn't pay attention and nothing was spoiled.

You, are now playing the BITCH!

In the words of the Hound - Shut your stupid wise and beautiful woman mouth.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've read the books, but I'm answering as if I haven't (in other words, my thoughts halfway through the third book). I don't believe there are any spoilers below, but I've tagged it just in case anyone feels especially paranoid:

You have to remember that GRRM loves upsetting the normal fantasy stereotypes. There's no way that she could just be a messiah, have everyone follow her, and smoothly bring her giant ex-slave army in to conquer Westeros. Some part of the trope must, almost by definition of being a Game of Thrones character, be turned completely on its head.

Oh, I think that all makes sense and I love the push towards realism....just saying that depending on how it goes, could make for dull or tedious viewing.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I'd like to say a very sarcastic "thank you" to the arseholes who continually post spoilers in this thread.

I think the mods should just change the title to say there are spoilers by those who have read the book.

Too bad we can't have a spoiler free thread.

Don't bother to respond since I can't come in here anymore due to the thinly veiled spoilers.

Yeah seriously..wtf is that.. please Mods!!!!!!!!! :colbert:

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
a friend of mine was complaining that the ep sucked and didn't progress the story. which is exactly the opposite way i felt, it was a great ep and just set the foreshadowing for whats going to happen very well

i feel many in this thread who don't have knowledge of what is going to happen are like my friend and just lost

also some of you are just being asshole, Alky has done nothing wrong in his recent posts

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I don't know after her father getting his head off, almost being raped a few times, being forcibly declothed in the throne room and Joffrey constantly trying to abuse her I don't think she has whined too much.

wha?

season and episode pls

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
oh yay! This will soon be an Alkymest thread.

:|

Tahnks? You keep trying and can't even spell my name right.

I like the show, so I am here. I would like to see the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant in film too.

Would you be mad?

How about stick to the subject, dick?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
wha?

season and episode pls

This was shown on the HBO series.

Do you just troll or have you watched them all? It would have been a hard scene to miss.

Unless, of course; you are drinking out some bottle of $5 booze and yell out, "I COULD DO THIS SO MUCH BETTER!"

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
a friend of mine was complaining that the ep sucked and didn't progress the story. which is exactly the opposite way i felt, it was a great ep and just set the foreshadowing for whats going to happen very well

i feel many in this thread who don't have knowledge of what is going to happen are like my friend and just lost

also some of you are just being asshole, Alky has done nothing wrong in his recent posts

I know nothing of the books or anything else going forward, but I am not lost at all. I thought the episode was great and definitely progressed things that were started in prior seasons, or even closed them off to a certain degree.

KT

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

I agree, and thanks.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
fyi--she isn't nude; and I know that is all you care about. there is plenty of T&A in this show anyway, so why would it matter?

I think he sees himself in this and is living vicariously.

If they just got any actress (or actors) that performed naked, this show would really suck.

At Jedi's home, sucking probably has a different meaning.

*shiver*

Winter is Cuming!

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
fyi--she isn't nude; and I know that is all you care about. there is plenty of T&A in this show anyway, so why would it matter?
No not nude but having a knight walk up to her and rip on her clothes at Joffreys command was a bit extreme at the time.

Tyrion and Bronn saved her, you'd probably remember it now I'd imagine.

Last edited: