Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 171 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002

lady stoneheart?

mlpclx.jpg

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to some serious action with the white walkers next season. Damned things have been around since the first minute of the show and we've still seen little more than a glimpse here and there, aside from Sam's hero moment. :p

Find a comfy chair, its gonna be a while. :D

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Meh, it may not have been the best "finale" but it was a solid show IMO.

As for those predicting who will die next, I thought that by
killing off Rob and Ladies Stark
they'd already massively diverged from the plot of the books. Haven't read the books myself.

I'm looking forward to some serious action with the white walkers next season. Damned things have been around since the first minute of the show and we've still seen little more than a glimpse here and there, aside from Sam's hero moment. :p

I am rewatching Game of Thrones from Season 1 just to see more of them again.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Why was the old crotchy guy so upset at being betrayed for tities, when he himself acknowledged he'd break a dozen vows like that when he was young for breasts that good? Was he just being hypocritical? Also what was it under that guys sleeve that freaked Rob starks mom out?

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Why was the old crotchy guy so upset at being betrayed for tities, when he himself acknowledged he'd break a dozen vows like that when he was young for breasts that good? Was he just being hypocritical? Also what was it under that guys sleeve that freaked Rob starks mom out?
He was being perverted, because that's how he is. He was upset because one of his kids should have been a queen and in general how all the lords looked down on him.

She saw that he was wearing armor and knew he was about to attack Robb.

Feb 6, 2007

He was wearing chainmail under his tunic, which is typically not done to a wedding seeing as how there's an expectation of merriment and revelry rather than arrows and death. As for Frey, I don't think he really cares about being viewed as a hypocrite, as he felt he was the wronged party and was willing to break the venerated tradition pledging no harm shall come to guests under one's roof.

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005

Frey is an old guy who makes sure he is on the winning side. It was said that during Robert's rebellion to overthrow the Targaryens, Frey waited until the last second to put his allegiance to the winning side. he wanted to make sure he picked the winning side.

So he is always very self serving rather than honorable. Yes, he can say this was all about the fact that Robb broke his oath, but in reality, Frey saw that the south was winning the war and made a deal to join the winning side before it was too late.

Frey would have never done this without the backing of Casterly Rock and the Lannisters.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
So with the way the wind was blowing, he was going to murder the king in the north even if he had kept his oath it looks like.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Lord Varys's connversation with Tyrion's girlfriend and then Cersei telling Tyrion she will not be getting married....

Cersei is plotting to kill Tywin?

Book readers don't answer...just my random mumbling

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Cold hands had better make an appearance. :colbert:

I think they can cut him, unless he does lots of important stuff in books 6 and 7. He's an interesting character, but he doesn't really do much that someone else couldn't do. Just like Strong Belwas.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
So with the way the wind was blowing, he was going to murder the king in the north even if he had kept his oath it looks like.
Probably, you saw how little he cared for his wife, what's losing one of his many daughters going to mean to him?

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Lord Varys's connversation with Tyrion's girlfriend and then Cersei telling Tyrion she will not be getting married....

Cersei is plotting to kill Tywin?

Book readers don't answer...just my random mumbling

That makes no sense.

Tywin is an effective leader that's single-handedly winning the war. Cersei's petty resentment towards her father is nothing compared to losing the entire Lannister's downfall. Cersei knows this.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
That makes no sense.

Tywin is an effective leader that's single-handedly winning the war. Cersei's petty resentment towards her father is nothing compared to losing the entire Lannister's downfall. Cersei knows this.

Cersei is blinded by her love for her children and Jaime.

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005

there is no way to know for sure, but it certainly is in his personality. This was the perfect excuse for him to switch sides.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
finally saw the finale tonight.

I liked it, but the Daeneres ending did seem really weird and tacked on to me. she wasn't in the episode at all before that scene.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I haven't read the books, but people who have said the show changed the bid geal about killing a guest after the 'salt ceremony'.

But in the last episode, I think they replaced that with the story about how killing a king's son and feeding the son to the king wasn't a problem, but killing a guest was.

Frey has clearly been put in a position fer a lot of revenge next season.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
she wasn't in the episode at all before that scene.
Everyone isn't in an episode, until they are. :hmm:

They were basically going through all the plot arcs and her's was last, someone had to be last.

edit: Her plot arcs are often towards the end of the show unless that episode is centered on her.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
I haven't read the books, but people who have said the show changed the bid geal about killing a guest after the 'salt ceremony'.

But in the last episode, I think they replaced that with the story about how killing a king's son and feeding the son to the king wasn't a problem, but killing a guest was.

Frey has clearly been put in a position fer a lot of revenge next season.
Don't think anything much was changed, just that people who read the book would understand the significance of the food being offered to Robb and Catelyn. I don't think GOT needs a primer about westerosi customs for the audience to understand that murdering guests during a wedding is a highly treacherous act.