Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 148 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I wouldn't query if a 16-18 year old had flowered because I would assume they had gone through puberty by then.

And I mean we the viewers saw Sansa flower last season. If she was suppose to be 16-18 it would be weird for her to have just flowered.

good ole assumption.

Yes we saw her flower last season. 14 was fine, lower would be weird unless she looked younger. 16-18 would be believable to me. But I don't know the timeline from when she was ready until this point compared to the book.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2005
charlotte hope

faa960411cb8a841414b3409194664ef.jpeg

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
FYI I wouldn't ask anyone if they "flowered" but the last 2 pages made some good jokes to my friends. "Hey I was on this forum should have seen how many times these guys were saying..."

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
how does King's blood have power?!
its not like when your king in GoT, you inhereit the Odinforce. or get the Destiny Spear.

King Roberts was just an ordinary guy that wears a crown. no strange girl from a lake gave him Excaliber.

So WTF plot hole?

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
its not like when your king in GoT, you inhereit the Odinforce. or get the Destiny Spear.

King Roberts was just an ordinary guy that wears a crown. no strange girl from a lake gave him Excaliber.

So WTF plot hole?

you're arguing that king's blood shouldn't have power in a show with fire breathing dragons hatched from a funeral pyre?

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

So WTF plot hole?

Huh? Why do these arbitrary rules have to apply in the world of GoT? Perhaps there is something in the religion of R'hllor that is divine about the conquest of those who become kings?

You're left to accept other things in this series that aren't probable or possible - why do you call this out as a "plot hole"?

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Huh? Why do these arbitrary rules have to apply in the world of GoT? Perhaps there is something in the religion of R'hllor that is divine about the conquest of those who become kings?

You're left to accept other things in this series that aren't probable or possible - why do you call this out as a "plot hole"?

Yeah, maybe King's blood doesn't really mean anything, but that's simply the R'hollorian ritual. Who knows? Obviously magic exists, some of it mixed up with religion(s), but perhaps the two don't necessarily depend on one another?

But yeah, in a world with dragons, zombies and stabbing shadow babies, it doesn't imply a plot hole in any case.

Last edited:

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009

So WTF plot hole?

Magic largely left the world in the story. Just parlor tricks and shit that is worthless. As the story progresses magical things start coming back like dragons. Some of the wizards in the places Dany visits in the books also start getting more power than the simple tricks they used to be able to do. Magic hasn't really played a big part in the book so far, but they haven't really played up the kings blood thing a whole lot either after what you see on the TV show.