Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 147 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I've always thought Sansa is ugly as hell. She got those beastly figure and man-shoulders. Also big face with lots of surface area.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
LOL, that's what I would have done :)

I work with a guy who feels like he has to me every Monday morning about GOT. He cracks me up because he's watched all three seasons, and still has no idea what any of the characters name's are.

Example question from him:
"What's up with the guy that hangs around with that blond dragon chick?"

That's me with most shows. Now in this case I do remember without looking it up that he's talking about Ser Jorah. But I'm a little more invested in GoT than I am with most of the stuff I watch.

It's funny, when my wife and I watch something together, I can recall the plot of an episode after watching it but she often can't. But she knows the names of the characters, and I usually don't (except with GoT and a few others). And usually when I watch a movie, I refer to the characters by the names of their actors, unless it's something like Star Trek where I already know the characters' names.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
no idea but the duck face is not attractive

the one next to Aria is Rose Leslie who plays Ygritte

I'm pretty sure that's just how her mouth is. A little skewed to one side. She's looked like that in everything I've ever seen her in.

Personally, I think she's super hot.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
That's me with most shows. Now in this case I do remember without looking it up that he's talking about Ser Jorah. But I'm a little more invested in GoT than I am with most of the stuff I watch.

Ser Jorah's future story line looks about as boring/uninteresting to watch as Theons current torture scenes:(

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I'm pretty sure that's just how her mouth is. A little skewed to one side. She's looked like that in everything I've ever seen her in.

Personally, I think she's super hot.

yes she is, i was just stating that the "duck face" in general is not

actually it almost looks like she has Bell's Palsy

Last edited:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Bwahahaha.

"big face with lots of surface area"

:biggrin:

Fire-and-Blood-sansa-stark-23506869-1280-720.jpg

Sansa-Stark-sansa-stark-30730753-1024-576.png

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Another book timeline question: When did
Penny and her jousting dog and pig first make an appearance? Can't remember if it was at Tyrions or Joffrey's wedding. I know Joeff badgers his uncle into performing with the other dwarves, thus giving yet another reason to hate the little twerp!

Joffreys wedding is when she comes into play.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
And she's still out of ATOT's league by light years.

Is that really the case? Sure you got your typical basement dwellers, but lots of us I've seen have beautiful GFs/wives.

Just because Sansa is on a TV show, it doesn't mean she's anything special. She's clearly average at best and you see plenty of hot girls when you just go grocery shopping.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Sophie Turner is a beauty. She's prettier than Natalie Dormer.
Sophie-Turner-Natalie-Dormer-3.jpg

Zeze, are you short? I guess if you're a little guy, I could understand. She is on the tall side.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Hmm Danys and Ygritte are same age IRL (26).

Who would I take?
Osha:p

I'm surprised that Sansa in the tv version said that she was 14 when Tyrion asked, the script should've been changed to something more believable. Many of the characters in the books were young Robb/Jon Snow were also around 14-16 iirc and they definitely don't look that young in the film version.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Osha:p

I'm surprised that Sansa in the tv version said that she was 14 when Tyrion asked, the script should've been changed to something more believable. Many of the characters in the books were young Robb/Jon Snow were also around 14-16 iirc and they definitely don't look that young in the film version.

Except she just "flowered" last season. The idea of a 16-18 year old flowering is really what would be unbelievable.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Except she just "flowered" last season. The idea of a 16-18 year old flowering is really what would be unbelievable.

You query many 16-18 year olds? It's not unbelievable. As 16-18 year old guys, we definitely queried back then. I wouldn't dare now

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I'm surprised more people aren't chiming in about this episode. I thought it was great.
I didn't get around to watching it until last night. Good episode but Sam leaving the knife on the ground... WTF?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You query many 16-18 year olds? It's not unbelievable. As 16-18 year old guys, we definitely queried back then. I wouldn't dare now

I wouldn't query if a 16-18 year old had flowered because I would assume they had gone through puberty by then.

And I mean we the viewers saw Sansa flower last season. If she was suppose to be 16-18 it would be weird for her to have just flowered.