Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 118 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
the premiere was great. not sure how anyone could have any legitimate complaints about it. can't wait to see the other characters' season debuts this weekend.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Fiancee and I watched the premiere.

After it finished, we both looked at each other and said, "Remember how riveting and addictive first season was?"

Well the first book was better than the 2nd imo. The third most people agree is easily the best. Some of the stuff from the end of Season 2 was from Book 3.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I thought the premiere was overall pretty good. It was a little slow, but still entertained.

I liked it too - so many things being introduced though I disagree that it was slow in any form.
You get to see Daenerys dragons grow larger, with a possible merc army and new alley; Lord Tywin pretty much spelt out that his ill conceived son,Tyrion , earned nothing for his bravery and that it seems Tyrion has an uphill battle trying to get what he is entitled to and earning the respect he thinks he deserves; King Joffrey is settling in with his new wife who has a touch for morality and soothing over the mobs that wants Joffrey's head on a spike; and of course John Snow joining the king beyond the wall, and whom also seems to have won over the affection of a lady friend.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I liked it too - so many things being introduced though I disagree that it was slow in any form.
You get to see Daenerys dragons grow larger, with a possible merc army and new alley; Lord Tywin pretty much spelt out that his ill conceived son,Tyrion , earned nothing for his bravery and that it seems Tyrion has an uphill battle trying to get what he is entitled to and earning the respect he thinks he deserves; King Joffrey is settling in with his new wife who has a touch for morality and soothing over the mobs that wants Joffrey's head on a spike; and of course John Snow joining the king beyond the wall, and whom also seems to have won over the affection of a lady friend.

But....but... there wasn't any blood or action! Who cares about the story!?!?!?

Feb 6, 2007
i'm planning to read all the books in 1 week. think it's possible?

According to Wikipedia, it's 4,273 pages for all five books. If you average a page a minute, that's just over 71 hours. So it's certainly possible, but it would have to take the place of basically all your normal day-to-day activities.

So, no, you won't be able to.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
So much win

so%2Bmuch%2Bwin.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwF-D5wEEmk&feature=player_embedded

James Brown mashup of the theme song