Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 104 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Andy22

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2001
Roy Dotrice is making the characters come alive and the range he has to present each new person (then remembering to use said voice 15 chapters later) is amazing and makes this book easier to follow than if I would have read it myself.

Thanks for pointing out his name, I will look into other books he read. Although it will be a while considering that I am about 2/3 into book one. 2 hours a day listening on my drive to and from work. I found myself sitting in the parking lot and not wanting to leave the car because I wanted to listen just a bit longer.

I just realized the re-released book 4 with Roy Dotrice narrating. The original release had a new narrator and after loving the characters voices through the first 3 I couldn't even finish the book. I'll have to go back and pick it up again!

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Hopefully form Ygritte...

I don't think Rose Leslie ever done a nude scene.

Brienne also has a nude scene, and Gwendoline Christie started out as a nude model.

And of course there are always plenty of prostitutes in the show who add most of the nudity.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The sex scenes

I'm rather jealous of the guy who's playing Jon Snow... getting to do a sex scene or a few with Rose Leslie? I officially hate him now :p

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
You haven't read the books :p Plenty of people left to do horrible things to.

Let me rephrase that as I have read them all except the latest one.

Not many main characters yet that have been around longer then a book left to kill.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
This season will be really great, lots of action and interesting developments in a Storm of Swords. Most looking forward to Cold Hands and Beric though.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
This season will be really great, lots of action and interesting developments in a Storm of Swords. Most looking forward to Cold Hands and Beric though.

I wonder how they will handle cold hands. They could easily spoil the future books by giving away his identity. At least if he is who I think he is.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
If they give away his identity it would be a sure sign that he's not writing any more books. That would be a shame. I felt like the last book really ended well and am/was really looking forward to the remaining books.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Let me rephrase that as I have read them all except the latest one.

Not many main characters yet that have been around longer then a book left to kill.

he could clone them by magic and kill them again, and again, and again,,,

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

uuggg.. beric dying againm and again, and agin sounds more like comedy relief than anything else...

or am i thinking of some other char?

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
your really gonna hate him when i tell you they were (maybe still are) dating in real life

7Qqi89V.jpg

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
I wonder how they will handle cold hands. They could easily spoil the future books by giving away his identity. At least if he is who I think he is.

I do not think he is who you think he is.

I know many people thought he was Benjen at first, but after ADWD he's obviously not.

Before ADWD, no one who knew Benjen had seen Coldhands. During ADWD Bran spends a lot of time with him, and didn't think he was Benjen. He only had a scarf over his face, not enough to conceal his identity from someone he's related to. A scarf also wouldn't conceal his voice.

One of the children of the forest said that Coldhands died a long time ago. When you consider how old they live, a long time ago to them, would be a very long time ago.

When Coldhands kills his Elk, he says a prayer in a language Bran doesn't recognize, most likely the Old Tongue. That does help rule out Benjen, and makes it more likely that Coldhands is from the distant past.

Coldhands being ancient, does explain why he knows about the Black Gate at the Nightfort, which has been abandoned for 200+ years.

If he was old enough to have fought against the others, it would also makes it likely that he's the one who buried the dragon glass and the Horn of Joramun.

Joramun, the Night's King, or the last hero all seem more likely candidates to be Coldhands than Benjen.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Why did you guys bump this? I thought the new season started last Sunday.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Why did you guys bump this? I thought the new season started last Sunday.

Even if it did, which you're an idiot if you think they would start a show on Super Bowl Sunday, wouldn't that be the reason it was bumped? You would have answered your own question.

The stupidity of this comment .... I don't even .......

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm just wrapping up re-reading book #3 in anticipation for this season. So much good shit goes down. Cannot wait!

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I don't know if anyone plans on picking up Game of Thrones season 2, but it will be on sale for $29.99 at Amazon, Target (in-store) and Best Buy. Target also has an additional Blu-Ray that has bonus content on it. I cancelled my Amazon order, and I'll be picking it up at Target instead!

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
I just finished up book 3 and can't wait to see this played out on the series; book 3 is awesome, my favorite so far.