Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 103 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
hahah

http://www.phillyburbs.com/blogs/hb...cle_0d3d92dc-b571-11e1-a700-001a4bcf6878.html

“The weirdest part [when directing] was when you have one of the exec producers leaning over your shoulder, going, ‘You can go full frontal, you know. This is television, you can do whatever you want! And do it! I urge you to do it!’ So I was like, ‘Okay, well, you’re the boss.’”

This particular exec took me to one side and said, ‘Look, I represent the pervert side of the audience, okay? Everybody else is the serious drama side, [but] I represent the perv side of the audience, and I’m saying I want full frontal nudity in this scene.’ So you go ahead and do it.”

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Wonder if they'll be casting Strong Belwas.

I really hope he is in the show, and I really hope they have the scene where:
he fights Meereen's champion in a duel when Danny holds siege to the city, and takes a dump on his corpse after beating him

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I know I am very late to this, but I just started with the Audio book a few days ago and this has to be one of the best books as well as one of the best readers I had the please of enjoying!

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
I know I am very late to this, but I just started with the Audio book a few days ago and this has to be one of the best books as well as one of the best readers I had the please of enjoying!

are you talking about Roy Dotrice being an absolute pimp?

not only does he read the books, he was supposed to play Grand Maester Pycelle in the show but had to back out due to medical reasons, however he did obtain a smaller role as Pyromancer Hallyne in the 2nd season.

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
are you talking about Roy Dotrice being an absolute pimp?

not only does he read the books, he was supposed to play Grand Maester Pycelle in the show but had to back out due to medical reasons, however he did obtain a smaller role as Pyromancer Hallyne in the 2nd season.

Roy Dotrice is making the characters come alive and the range he has to present each new person (then remembering to use said voice 15 chapters later) is amazing and makes this book easier to follow than if I would have read it myself.

Thanks for pointing out his name, I will look into other books he read. Although it will be a while considering that I am about 2/3 into book one. 2 hours a day listening on my drive to and from work. I found myself sitting in the parking lot and not wanting to leave the car because I wanted to listen just a bit longer.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
George R.R. Martin has just signed a two year deal with HBO. In addition to being co-executive producer for the GoT show, he's going to produce new series projects for the network.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-signs-overall-deal-with-hbo/

I wonder if the new projects are going to include Robert's Rebellion or Dunk and Egg?

I guess that means now it's even less likely he will ever finish the novels, and everyone who read the books will have to watch the show to see how it eventually ends.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
George R.R. Martin has just signed a two year deal with HBO. In addition to being co-executive producer for the GoT show, he's going to produce new series projects for the network.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-signs-overall-deal-with-hbo/

I wonder if the new projects are going to include Robert's Rebellion or Dunk and Egg?

I guess that means now it's even less likely he will ever finish the novels, and everyone who read the books will have to watch the show to see how it eventually ends.

More book writing!