Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 93 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ussfletcher

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
I should have waited to watch this until they had finished filming the series, these breaks suck.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Just think about the people who waited years between the books.

Why is it that my favorite writers are very slow... :(

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
12 months, or 9 more to go. Everything seems to be following the same schedule as last year. They are doing casting now, and filming starts in July again.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I liked the season finale.

Although I prefer the book version of Jon Snow's capture by the Wildlings. However it would have required more money spent on special effects because of Ghost's involvement particularly
in the fight between Qhorin Halfhand and Jon
also it would have probably added 5-10 minutes to the story.

I did like the special effects for the White Walker though.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
Great finale. Though I don't think they made it clear to non-bookreaders that Quorin agreed to sacrifice himself so that the wildlings can trust Jon and accept him into their ranks.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
The assassin Jaqen H'ghar is probably one of the most interesting, remarkably powerful characters in the series. So how did he ever get trapped in a wooden cage with two nitwits in the first place?

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
Where did they get the key to the vault? What gave Doxos(black dude) power(like the other powerful guys ran spice trades etc)?

Dunno if the answers are obvious but I'm kinda confused on the whole Qarth deal.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The assassin Jaqen H'ghar is probably one of the most interesting, remarkably powerful characters in the series. So how did he ever get trapped in a wooden cage with two nitwits in the first place?

Could be a major book spoiler or maybe mindless speculation
maybe he was on his way to a target in the north and "joining" the caravan was "convenient".

Riparian

Jul 21, 2011
Where did they get the key to the vault? What gave Doxos(black dude) power(like the other powerful guys ran spice trades etc)?

Dunno if the answers are obvious but I'm kinda confused on the whole Qarth deal.

They took the key off of his chest while he was sleeping.

Regarding how he got his power, maybe it was from teaming up with the warlocks or a series of bluffs like his vault filled with gold.

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Great finale. Though I don't think they made it clear to non-bookreaders that Quorin agreed to sacrifice himself so that the wildlings can trust Jon and accept him into their ranks.

I never read the books and that is what I made of the situation. He basically told Jon what he was doing to do and that Jon better make his life count.

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
They took the key off of his chest while he was sleeping.

Regarding how he got his power, maybe it was from teaming up with the warlocks or a series of bluffs like his vault filled with gold.

That's kinda anti climactic lol. The vault bluff is weird, I can't believe people fell for that or didn't question him further on that.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Doxos negotiated with the Warlocks. As he stated, he has always taken his power. The key to the vault was always around his neck, this was shown a few episodes ago in his dialogue with Dany.

Apparently all the gold and jewels in Qarth were fake, IMHO probably the whole thing was a trick to get their dragons.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001

at this point I think we can infer divine providence, and thus he was there because he was supposed to be there to eventually meet up with Arya

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
at this point I think we can infer divine providence, and thus he was there because he was supposed to be there to eventually meet up with Arya

It was Arya's second test on her path. The first being the Dancing Swordsman. For all we know he could have face changed to Jagen.

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
I never read the books and that is what I made of the situation. He basically told Jon what he was doing to do and that Jon better make his life count.

Ya, he said something like "One watchman inside their ranks is worth 1000 on the outside" or something along those lines. He sacrificed himself to get Jon "in" with the wildlings.

It was a great episode though. I think the "Kingslayer" was kind of shocked about Bren's fighting skills lol.

Winter is definitely coming......next year :(

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
It was Arya's second test on her path. The first being the Dancing Swordsman. For all we know he could have face changed to Jagen.

Popular theory is that Jagen was/is the same guy. I mean he can change his looks at will pretty much, and we never actually see him die.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
I stopped reading in the 2nd book when I found out at that Theon's family would attack the North. If I want to just skip the rest of the 2nd book and start the third one, will I miss much?