Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 89 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
This past week's episode was so badass I can't even put it into words. It's everything I've been waiting for... now if just the snobby family can be completely finished, I will be happy. But then where will the drama be.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
What is wrong with you people? Of course its boring if you read a "wiki" of the spoilers. Its like reading a dictionary.

I think there is one at HBO or one just for the TV show that doesn't. All the rest do since they are keeping up with the books.

felang

Feb 17, 2007
We are talking about the TV show. We are talking about season 3. It's already been approved by HBO. The key actors are already under contract for season 3. They have already started casting for season 3. Everything is being gotten ready because filming starts in July.

Uhhmm ok... Season 3 does not air in July though...

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
You just have to be fair about it.

Try to stay with things that happened concurrently (pace the show).

If you have a spoiler, even with tags, if it is important to the central plot BE VAGUE. Those that read it already will probably be able to figure it out (or PM you) and the others, if they ran over it despite the spoiler tag, will still have some mystery.

As an example: whats-her-face doing it with whats-her-face is not really a "spoiler", it is more like a tease. But if you were to talk about Davos and the raid before it happened then you are ruining it for some people.....

As for you people whining about "post it somewhere else"... there is nowhere else. The show keeps people interested, so there is new stuff to talk about. Not many post about the book ANYWHERE. So be fair to the bookies as well. So long as they are not giving obits on each of the characters....

*shrug*

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
You think Strong Belwas is going to make it in? Other than a few humorous lines, what he does could easily be done by someone else. There are already going to be plenty of tough guys around.

Nobody could take a crap on someone he just decapitated and wipe his ass on his cape quite like Strong.

pelov

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2011
So I've been catching up on Season 2 and have come to the conclusion that HBO Go fucking blows whale penis.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I believe it was just something hbo added.

Not really, Bronn is Tyrion's man and The Hound is Joffrey's.

They both have spoke 'agendas' to their guy's which would probably detail them having to kill each other one day.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Not really, Bronn is Tyrion's man and The Hound is Joffrey's.

They both have spoke 'agendas' to their guy's which would probably detail them having to kill each other one day.

They never interacted like that in the books even if the hound hates everyone.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
So I've been catching up on Season 2 and have come to the conclusion that HBO Go fucking blows whale penis.

Really? I watched the entire season other than latest episode on HBO Go and thought it was great. Sans the whale penis part anyway.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
spoiler

the only male stark that survives is Tony.
due to his incredible armor.

/spoiler

the spoilers don't bother me. However; it's clear most are purposely dropping them esp those that were clueless in the beginning and are obviously googling up storylines to post.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
They never interacted like that in the books even if the hound hates everyone.

Some of the books intricacies have to be brought more forward due to not having a season to tell a few chapters.

Already the crowd is crying both it's moving too slow and that they are confused.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I think GRRM has pretty much given the show permission to expand on things that weren't necessarily in the books... it's a good way to keep the interest of people who already know where the macro story is going as long as they don't go too far with it.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
BladeVenom said:
You think Strong Belwas is going to make it in?

No, hence "FREE STRONG BELWAS".

I really do think that writing out minor characters like him takes away from the depth and color of the world/story.

Nobody could take a crap on someone he just decapitated and wipe his ass on his cape quite like Strong.

This guy gets it.
icon14.gif

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
No, hence "FREE STRONG BELWAS".

I really do think that writing out minor characters like him takes away from the depth and color of the world/story.

The problem is that by the time Strong Belwas entered into things the books had devolved into nothing but depth and color. The story had stopped advancing altogether and was just spinning its wheels. I like Strong Belwas as a character, he gets some good lines. But he's just window-dressing and doesn't need to be there. The TV series has to pare away minor characters so that it can devote more time to the consequential people and events.

pelov

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2011
Who's the assassin dude that speaks in the third person and kills people for Arya?

It's not Bob Dole. I haven't seen him fall off a stage yet

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Who's the assassin dude that speaks in the third person and kills people for Arya?

It's not Bob Dole. I haven't seen him fall off a stage yet

I'm not sure if this was a serious question or just an opportunity to get that one in... either way, I approve.

The answer is Jaqen H'ghar. Telling you any more about him would be a spoiler.

Last edited: