Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 87 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
of which
a certain other Lannister is about to become a lot more "likable" due to a crippling incident...

I seriously do not think this will happen. I think it has been written out of the show, and it is going to cause a huge stink when book readers find out.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
I seriously do not think this will happen. I think it has been written out of the show, and it is going to cause a huge stink when book readers find out.

No way. Sure, it may make a dent in their SFX budget to
remove his hand
every episode, but if they don't do it they have to rewrite his ENTIRE character.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
remove his hand
every episode, but if they don't do it they have to rewrite his ENTIRE character.

or they just make one of his sleeves longer than the other :p

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
How can you think it has been written out of the show when the event I allude to occurs in A Storm of Swords? which means it likely won't happen until next season...

remove his hand
Are you being sarcastic? I don't see how it would be hard to use basic tricks such as to simply
lengthen his sleeve or even write in a prosthetic earlier so he could just wear a stiff glove

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
ive heard nothing but good things about this show from here and within my circle of friends so on sat i added HBO to my lineup. Memorial weekend my wife and I watched every single episode. its beyond addicting.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
No way. Sure, it may make a dent in their SFX budget
to remove his hand

Or maybe they change the event so that
instead of having his hand cut off it is smashed with a hammer so that it is crippled enough that he cannot use it for sword-wielding or much else anymore
saves on the budget and still accomplishes the necessary changes in character.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Are you being sarcastic? I don't see how it would be hard to use basic tricks such as to simply
lengthen his sleeve or even write in a prosthetic earlier so he could just wear a stiff glove

I agree. It's not even a minor problem.
He will just use his gold hand all the time.

felang

Feb 17, 2007
or they just make one of his sleeves longer than the other :p

Dammit you fucking dbags... stop discussing spoilers from the Books!

It´s great that you have time to read all those books and then discuss them all day but the thread title clearly stated HBO TV series.

I have no problem if you discuss how things are different book vs. show of episodes that have already aired, but to discuss things that may or may not be written into next season is too much!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Dammit you fucking dbags... stop discussing spoilers from the Books!

It´s great that you have time to read all those books and then discuss them all day but the thread title clearly stated HBO TV series.

I have no problem if you discuss how things are different book vs. show of episodes that have already aired, but to discuss things that may or may not be written into next season is too much!
I apologize! I'm usually more cautious with spoiler tags :(

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
but the thread title clearly stated HBO TV series.

We are talking about the TV show. We are talking about season 3. It's already been approved by HBO. The key actors are already under contract for season 3. They have already started casting for season 3. Everything is being gotten ready because filming starts in July.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Just read this, http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/29/game-of-throne-season-3-cast/

These characters are definitely in next season:
– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.

– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

tumblr_m4qbcj850i1qk4ih5o1_500.gif

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
The TV show is absolute crap! If they don't sing "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" at least by next episode, I'm blowing up my TV and sending hate mail to HBO! The plot is ruined!

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Just read this, http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/29/game-of-throne-season-3-cast/

These characters are definitely in next season:
– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.

– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.

– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.

– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.

– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.

– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.

– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.

– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.

– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.

– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.

– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

tumblr_m4qbcj850i1qk4ih5o1_500.gif

Thormund Giantsbane, Thunderfists, Tall-talker, Horn-blower and Breaker of Ice, Husband to Bears, the Mead-king of Ruddy Hall, Speaker to Gods and Father of Hosts. A.K.A. The fucking coolest person in the Westerios.

I can only hope they get Ron Perlman.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
The TV show is absolute crap! If they don't sing "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" at least by next episode, I'm blowing up my TV and sending hate mail to HBO! The plot is ruined!

A Bear! A Bear! There was a Bear! ....

They don't sing the song until the
Sansa/Margery/Queen of Thorns dinner
. After that they reference it all the fucking time.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
The Bear and the Maiden Fair

A bear there was, a bear, a bear!
All black and brown, and covered with hair!
The bear! The bear!
Oh, come, they said, oh come to the fair!
The fair? Said he, but I'm a bear!
All black, and brown, and covered with hair!

And Down the road from here to there.
From here! To There!
Three boys, a goat, and a dancing bear!
[He] danced and spun, all the way to the Fair!
The Fair! The Fair!

Oh, sweet she was, and pure, and fair!
The maid with honey in her hair!
Her hair! Her hair!
The maid with honey in her hair!

[The bear,] smelled the scent on the summer air.
The bear! The bear!
All black and brown and covered with hair.
He smelled the scent on the summer air!
He sniffed and roared and smelled it there!
Honey on the summer air!

Oh, I'm a maid, and I'm pure and fair!
I'll never dance with a hairy bear!
A bear! A bear!
I'll never dance with a hairy bear!
He lifted her high into the air!
The bear! The bear!

I called for a knight, but you're a bear!
A bear! A bear!
All black and brown and covered with hair!
She kicked and wailed, the maid so fair,
But he licked the honey from her hair,
Her hair! Her hair!

Then she sighed and squealed and kicked the air!
My bear! She sang. My bear so fair!
And off they went, from here to there,
The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

BOOOOO for me his face is too well known and will take away from the fantasy of the series.

it would be like Gary Burghoff cast to play the mad alchemist making wild fire.

Last edited:

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Thormund Giantsbane, Thunderfists, Tall-talker, Horn-blower and Breaker of Ice, Husband to Bears, the Mead-king of Ruddy Hall, Speaker to Gods and Father of Hosts. A.K.A. The fucking coolest person in the Westerios.

Kristofer Hivju is going to be in next season, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1970465/ Although it wasn't announced what part. But judging by his looks he's going to be north of the wall.