Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ky54

Mar 30, 2010
When you have to try this hard to troll, you're doing it wrong.

Or, possibly, it's my honest assessment of a badly written and poorly acted show. It's called having an opinion. I wasn't aware and I didn't see it in the posting rules that I have to agree with everything written here. Sorry I offended you.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Or, possibly, it's my honest assessment of a badly written and poorly acted show. It's called having an opinion. I wasn't aware and I didn't see it in the posting rules that I have to agree with everything written here. Sorry I offended you.

haterade.png

What's your favorite flavor?

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
[spoiler alert]

I have to say that, for the most part, it's one of the more entertaining shows I've seen in a while but not in the way the producers meant. I find it funny as all get out. I laugh pretty much through the whole episode with it's idiotic dialogue and over-the-top acting. It sucked when Bean was killed because he was the only one that had any acting talent and this year seems aimlessly wandering all over the place. I know that HBO is dying to have another "Sopranos" but this sure as heck isn't it. And that woman giving birth to whatever that was... I almost pissed myself laughing so hard.

I like the show but was commenting to my wife earlier that I wish they would've cast Sean Bean as a character that lasted longer. Without him, Peter Dinklage is stealing the show by a huge margin IMO.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I like the show but was commenting to my wife earlier that I wish they would've cast Sean Bean as a character that lasted longer. Without him, Peter Dinklage is stealing the show by a huge margin IMO.

Ned Stark was never intended to be a long lasting character. Many other 'favorites' leaving will probably anger people.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Ned Stark was never intended to be a long lasting character. Many other 'favorites' leaving will probably anger people.

i cant wait for the shitstorm after what happenes in book 3. not sure if itll end up in season 3 or 4 as they are splitting the book into 2 seasons for TV

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

That's because Tyrion steals the books by a huge margin.

ky54

Mar 30, 2010
No, I know Ned Stark wasn't supposed to last long. I wish they would've cast him as someone who did.

Yup. Would have given the series some serious acting chops to play off of.

Look, I'm not saying it's a bad series it's just ever since the Sopranos went off HBO has been desperately trying to recreate that "magic" again so they end up trying too hard. I mean look at Breaking Bad - no nudity, few cuss words, implied violence and it's the best show on hands down. Why? Because the cast isn't trying to constantly top each other and it's one of the best written shows and thought out shows in my opinion. As the old adage goes - sometimes less is more.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I think you dudes are looking to see a story told that is not what this series is about.

The 'Imp' is a key character and I think he is only of the best in the series.

I know many of you have to live vicariously through the hero-types you see on the screen and if so this entire show will be a let down after let down for you.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
It was interesting to see the character Quaithe for the first time (the masked woman who spoke with Jorah).

[mild book spoiler]:
I've read all five books and I still have no idea what's going on with this character. In fact I'm a bit surprised she wasn't cut out entirely, which to me suggests that GRRM has given them inside info that she'll play a larger role in later books.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
It was interesting to see the character Quaithe for the first time (the masked woman who spoke with Jorah).
I didn't want to quote your spoiler but regarding GRRM and the story line. According to wiki and you can check the references from there ..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

Martin is confident to have published the remaining books before the TV series overtakes him,[18] although he told major plot points to the two main Game of Thrones producers in case he should die.[18] (Aged 62 in 2011, Martin is by all accounts in robust health.)[51] However, Martin indicated he would not permit another writer to finish the series.[39] He knows the ending in broad strokes as well as the future of the main characters,[18] and will finish the series with bittersweet elements where not everyone will live happily ever after.[26]

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000

[mild book spoiler]:
I've read all five books and I still have no idea what's going on with this character. In fact I'm a bit surprised she wasn't cut out entirely, which to me suggests that GRRM has given them inside info that she'll play a larger role in later books.
Ditto

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Most of the time it's hard to guess who will live, let alone who will live happily ever after.

I don't think there will be anyone who really ends up living happily ever after...

I'm pretty sure that the person who wins the Iron Throne *speculation that could be a spoiler*
will have to deal with many years of reconstruction after the devastation from the white walkers moving south

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
I don't think there will be anyone who really ends up living happily ever after...

I'm pretty sure that the person who wins the Iron Throne *speculation that could be a spoiler*
will have to deal with many years of reconstruction after the devastation from the white walkers moving south

I'm not so sure that that's actually going to happen. There are just so many open plot threads in the books, and he keeps adding new ones, like
the Targaryen prince added in DWD
, I just don't see how GRRM can wrap them all up in two books unless they're each going to be 3000 pages long.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Maybe the last 2 books will cut out the 10 pages of who is eating dinner and what they are wearing and eating every chapter.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006

You didn't offend me at all - you just are a piss-poor troll. You work too hard at trying to troll and thus your trolling becomes blatantly obvious. You lack any skill or subtlety.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Maybe the last 2 books will cut out the 10 pages of who is eating dinner and what they are wearing and eating every chapter.

Hell, if he took out all the descriptions of people looking like and smelling like shit, I could read the next book in no time.