Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Hell yea! I caught this on HBO over 2 days sometime in January, love it.

Patiently waiting for the 1st :D

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
Just casually the other day we told my sister in law to watch an episode before bed. She watched 3 and watched at least 3 last night as well. She should be well caught up by Sunday :).

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
I am still waiting for him to do another book.......

He kinda left a HUGE cliffhanger in this last one.

I may need to go back and re-read the second one to remember all the plots before the new season starts! ;)

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Just rewatched Season 1 (I have read all the books)

CAN NOT WAIT!

Winter is coming...

Same here, I just love this series!

I'm almost at the point where I consider this to be better than The Lord of the Rings series.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
I am hoping they stay as true as they did in the first season.

VERY well done.

And if they do this right, I would not mind them splitting up the books into several seasons! (each).

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Going to start reading the last book this weekend. This season is going to be better than the first.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Still seems wrong to air it on this day as it could be way very easy to screw with people. :p

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
i don't watch tv much, but GoT was so epic I'm thinking of ordering HBO just for season 2. anyone that hasn't seen it yet should catch it. i enjoyed it more than LoTR

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
I don't know how anyone could not enjoy this show. I think it's one of the best ones on television ATM.

Well...

Turns out it was something of a metaphor for the series itself. In the second-to-last episode last season, “Game of Thrones” in effect ate its own heart by killing off its main and most noble character, Ned Stark, who was played by Sean Bean, perhaps the best-known actor in this cast-of-thousands extravaganza.

So the question for HBO as Season 2 begins on Sunday is this: Who is going to replace Ned as a focus of the series? The answer, at least four episodes in: no one.

Maybe the guy should read the BOOKS.

Oh, wow, they killed the most notable character! What WILL they do??!?!?!

Sheesh.