Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
It's my understanding from the comic-con panel that Season 2 will consist of CoK and then SoS will take at least two, possibly three seasons. They noted the show wasn't likely to go on past that point and that the goal was to get through SoS before being taken off the air.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
I think they wanted to at least get done with the third book. Since the show is now a success, I'd imagine their minimum goals have been raised.

I expect season 4 and 5 to be better than books 4 and 5 since the show will have to make the edits that should have been done to those books. They will also put it in chronological order.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
You mean they will actually be more focused, less rambling, and not concentrate on introducing conflicting sub-plots?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
I couldn't wait for season 2, so I went ahead and read books 1 and 2, and I'm on book 3 atm. It's amazing!

btw, has it been confirmed whether they're splitting book 2 into 2 seasons or not?

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I couldn't wait for season 2, so I went ahead and read books 1 and 2, and I'm on book 3 atm. It's amazing!

btw, has it been confirmed whether they're splitting book 2 into 2 seasons or not?

I believe book 2 will only be one season, but books 3+ will be split. Of course, there's no guarantee how long the series will continue. And if it does keep going, they will eventually run out of material unless Martin starts writing faster (doesn't seem very likely).

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001

Let me know how you feel about a quarter of the way through book 4...

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001

I don't dislike books 4-5 as much as some people seem to. They slow down a bit because the scope of the story widens even more, but I still found it quite interesting. However, Martin does need to start collapsing plotlines and narrowing scope in The Winds of Winter, or this thing will never get done.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

I take it that's A Feast for Crows? I've seen a few comments from others stating that they couldn't get past that book for whatever reason. I'm still on #1. :|

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

I really struggled with book four, took forever to get through. It really suffered from not showing anything happening at the Wall and focusing too much on relatively one-dimensional characters (Brienne, Sam, Cersei etc.) And of course no Tyrion. Five is much more interesting.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

That happens to be right where I'm at and it's painful. The first 3 books were like giant delicious steaks that I tried to savor but wolfed down. The fourth book is like a giant bowl of oatmeal that I don't know why I'm eating.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
I liked the Fourth Book. Cersi is kind of boring and a bitch and Sansas storyline bores me but the rest of Book 4 was decent. I'm dreading rwading Book5 because its all going to be Daenerys and Bran from what I've heard. Excited to hear more about Jon and the Nights Watch again.