Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 38 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Snape kills Joffrey
Aw shit you ruined it for me...

Does that mean that the guy who died at the end of book one actually make a deal so they would kill him so he could teach his son a lesson. And then his son will die too, but he won't actually be dead and while not dead he will talk to his dad who will explain everything to him that he could have explained why he was alive, but he didn't want to because he didn't think his son was ready. And then the son will come back to life and kill the guy who killed his father?

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Aw shit you ruined it for me...

Does that mean that the guy who died at the end of book one actually make a deal so they would kill him so he could teach his son a lesson. And then his son will die too, but he won't actually be dead and while not dead he will talk to his dad who will explain everything to him that he could have explained why he was alive, but he didn't want to because he didn't think his son was ready. And then the son will come back to life and kill the guy who killed his father?
idiot

BrownShoes

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2008
Gwendoline Christie cast as Brienne for season 2.

Picture+80.png

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Ah... I am up at page 500 in the paperback and it is due tomorrow! (800 pages total).

I guess I have to steal my wife's Kindle to finish up..... (Richard has just become Boar-ed and Eddard has practiced some creative writing).

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
needs moar ugly.
Ugly enough? If they can make Charlize Theron ugly enough for Monster, Gwendoline shouldn't be a problem.

How ugly do you want her? It's one thing to have an ugly character in a book where you never have to look at them, but in a TV show or movie do you really want to be looking at really ugly actors all the time.

BrownShoes

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2008
I was thinking more along the lines of something like this.

rosie.jpg

But I guess they want people to watch the show without vomiting.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I wonder if they do a ton of make up to make her look ugly like she is in the book.
Don't think so...just look at Arya and Tyrion, seems like Americans can't handle anything less than good looking in TV shows, see next 2 quotes:

How ugly do you want her? It's one thing to have an ugly character in a book where you never have to look at them, but in a TV show or movie do you really want to be looking at really ugly actors all the time.

Actually yeah, I'd like to have characters as close to the book as possible, especially when it's an important part of the character, and I Martin goes out of his way several times to establish Brienne is kill-it-with-fire ugly.

But I guess they want people to watch the show without vomiting.

I don't watch quality series for the hot actresses, though this one has plenty with Cersei, Sansa, Dany, Margaery, perhaps Asha, etc., leave that shit to Baywatch.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I don't watch quality series for the hot actresses, though this one has plenty with Cersei, Sansa, Dany, Margaery, perhaps Asha, etc., leave that shit to Baywatch.

I'm thinking of the Wire and how awesome it is, even without a lot of hot actresses.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Spoilers suck!!!

So I thought I would find out who plays Margaery and google the name and go to her wiki and guess what!!! The lists her spouses on the page!!!!

So now I know who she marries even though I haven't got to that point in the book!!!!! :mad:

Last edited:

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Actually yeah, I'd like to have characters as close to the book as possible, especially when it's an important part of the character, and I Martin goes out of his way several times to establish Brienne is kill-it-with-fire ugly.

Absolutely this.

Chick is way too hot for the part. Although the producers are at a disadvantage since people with above average looks tend to gravitate toward acting, so finding someone completely heinous who is also a decent actress would be difficult. My guess is they go with some kind of elephant man makeup or something.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
From the book:
Beauty, they called her . . . mocking. The hair beneath the visor was a squirrel’s nest of dirty straw, and her face . . . Brienne’s eyes were large and very blue, a young girl’s eyes, trusting and guileless, but the rest . . . her features were broad and coarse, her teeth prominent and crooked, her mouth too wide, her lips so plump they seemed swollen. A thousand freckles speckled her cheeks and brow, and her nose had been broken more than
once.

So she's not pretty, but she's no monster. Where are they going to find an actress with Owen Wilson's nose and crooked teeth. Those are things most actors and especially actresses get fixed.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
in episode 5 when they had the jousting matches, the head of the treasury made a bet with someone.

who was he?

and when treasurer lost, what did he mean about something in heat?

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
in episode 5 when they had the jousting matches, the head of the treasury made a bet with someone.

who was he?

and when treasurer lost, what did he mean about something in heat?
Petyr Baelish and Renly Baratheon

*from memory*

Renly: Too bad you lost, you could've bought a friend.
Petyr: And when will you be having yours? *referring to Loras*

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Petyr Baelish and Renly Baratheon

*from memory*

Renly: Too bad you lost, you could've bought a friend.
Petyr: And when will you be having yours? *referring to Loras*

Correct.
As for the "in heat" part, the winner's horse was in heat (it was a mare) throwing The Mountain's male outta wack causing him to lose the joust. That's why he killed his horse as he was PO'ed at the horse for losing it for him.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Correct.
As for the "in heat" part, the winner's horse was in heat (it was a mare) throwing The Mountain's male outta wack causing him to lose the joust. That's why he killed his horse as he was PO'ed at the horse for losing it for him.

how did Petyr determine the winners horse was in heat?
and if he knew, then why did he bet on the other guy?? (havent finished episode5 yet

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
and if he knew, then why did he bet on the other guy?? (havent finished episode5 yet
I'm not sure he knew about the mare in heat, but he has many informants throughout the seven kingdoms, rivaling Varys.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
I'm not sure he knew about the mare in heat, but he has many informants throughout the seven kingdoms, rivaling Varys.

Varys may be the spider... but Petyr is easily one of the most informed and powerful people in the kingdom.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

Varys may be the spider... but Petyr is easily one of the most informed and powerful people in the kingdom.

The guy is a whoremonger...he can smell a bitch in heat from a mile off...

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

He didn't know until the match itself was underway and after the bet. Once the match took place he realized it and also realized he was hustled.