Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 37 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
finished the season ... very tempted to get the books now haha.

Before the show came on, I had a hard time getting into the books. Now that I've seen all 10 episodes, I've had a much easier time reading the first book ... but I'm going slow, haven't felt like reading lately.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Got a kick out of this
tumblr_ljwdae7lAu1qi7jb5o1_500.jpg

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Well, I have gotten to the part where Jr learns to fly..... sorta.

Oh, and Jon and Valerys(sp) seem to get along MUCH better in the book than in the series.

There is a lot of little stuff you miss in the series that you get in the book. I just have to finish this sucker up in the next 10 days before it is overdue (there is a demand for it!)

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I thought A Dance With Dragons was going to be published today so I excitedly went to check if my pre-order had shipped. Turns out it comes out on the 12th :|

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
no way dude, wouldn't they have to be 18 to get naked on TV or something?
oops my mistake I thought it was about the girl with dragon eggs looking at the almost-platinum hair.

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
There's two chapters toward the end of Clash of Kings that I will never forget.
Catelyn and Theon.
It involves Bran and Rikkon.

I was like... WHAT?!?!?
Then I was like... Oh you SOB!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
i'm watching episode 1. so far i like sparticus better... more bush

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
no way dude, wouldn't they have to be 18 to get naked on TV or something?
oops my mistake I thought it was about the girl with dragon eggs looking at the almost-platinum hair.

The chick who plays Daenerys is about 23. Though the character is just supposed be around 15 at the end of book 1/season 1.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
i finished episode2.

how long has the boy been in a coma?
his wolf/dog was a puppy when he fell. when it killed the assassin, it's a grown dog.

and if the boy has been in a coma for months, how did they feed him? it's the middle ages!

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
i finished episode2.

his wolf/dog was a puppy when he fell. when it killed the assassin, it's a grown dog.

and if the boy has been in a coma for months, how did they feed him? it's the middle ages!

Based on the books, I'd say he's in a coma 6-8 weeks. IIRC they fed him by dribbling honey and broth into his mouth.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
i finished episode2.

It's a Direwolf/Worg. Sort of partially unnatural.

For future reference http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20031003a

To get back to your main line of reasoning, this is a Fantasy story.

Others above: The video version of the story has pushed all the characters ages a bit ahead from the storyline mostly to make things a bit more copasetic

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
i finished episode2.

The dire wolves grow much larger than normal wolves/dogs...