Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 35 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I better see some giant mother fucking reptiles flying around next season

They do get bigger, but it's going to take longer than the time between a single season/book to get full size dragons. I'm a bit concerned about the demands on the CGI budget for next season, we'll just have to see how HBO does with it (after a year :().

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in book 5 in a few more weeks. :)

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
If HBO can show an 8-minute True Blood teaser that looks like something out of Dune then yeah... give GoT more money for CGI.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Well - I am looking forward to next season. It's a shame its so far away though... :'(

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Has anyone bought the books 1-4 box set? I saw reports of pages missing in it, so I didn't want to waste my time if it was poorly done. :\

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
I am gathering that the last episode was the season ender..... :(

Trying to read these puppies is a bit difficult, with the first few chapters being name bombers, but I am kind of dissapointed they seemed to rip right through a hell of a lot of fiction in X episodes....

It IS better, however, that they are doing this as a series. I was glad that LOTR was a Trilogy, but even 6 hours of flik seemed really compressed.....

As for CGI, I really hope they do not focus on the effects. The show should be the plot and the characters. The dragons should be done well enough to be believed as CHARACTERS, not special effects. As soon as they start using Sean Connery as a voice for one of them, it's all over... ;)

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Yea, 10 episodes does not a season make.

I'm pissed now that I have to wait so long. But then again, its better than 5+ years like it takes George RR to come out with the next book. The series will never be finished, that is pretty much a guarantee

nanette1985

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2005
Has anyone bought the books 1-4 box set? I saw reports of pages missing in it, so I didn't want to waste my time if it was poorly done. :\

I have the paperback books, not the box set, but the quality of the binding is horrible. Tons of pages fell out while I was reading, and when I passed the books on to my daughter tons more pages fell out then. I wouldn't be surprised if the box set has quality issues.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
They do get bigger, but it's going to take longer than the time between a single season/book to get full size dragons. I'm a bit concerned about the demands on the CGI budget for next season, we'll just have to see how HBO does with it (after a year :().

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in book 5 in a few more weeks. :)

Hopefully DVD sales will be great and will pay for the budget?

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Im disappointed that the Khal and Ned are killed off

It's OK, the Khal lives on as Conan.

conan-shirtless.jpg

I'm more disappointed in Syrio's death than Ned Stark's.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
"In short, your new Miss USA is a godless ginger-vampire reefer queen who spends her leisure time reading books about the British monarchy and watching a show about decapitation, incest, and dragon boobs."

Yumm

My kind of girl. Other than the ridiculous pageant thing.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
so we get full frontal of some merchants dong and no full frontal of khaleesi....I am disappoint.

That is due to the girls of today shaving their "dragon lair". No way they could explain Danys hair not burning off her head and her crotch being singed clean. LOL (Yeah I guess they could have used the old merkin but give me a break here).

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000

I have the box set from Amazon and so far no missing pages or poor binding. Seems as good as any paperback but the font is small.