Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Very cool ending and season. True to the books. Cool that some of Book 2 was thrown in as well toward the end.
Got to see Biter, (I think) Rorge, Hot Pie, and Gendry. They probably have not cast Jaqen H'ghar yet.

Edit:
Watched that scene again and think Jaqen was the guy with long hair (but was not half red, half white like the book) and Rorge was the one with the hood.

Last edited:

Dominato3r

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2008
Clothes all burned off, but her hair still there? I'm guessing they stay then... The Dragons were pretty nice too.

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
only thing I'm afraid of with this series(I have not read the books yet) is books 3, 4, and 5 all were about 5 years apart and we have 2 more coming after that.

Well, at that rate, the series will not be complete for what seems to be at least 7-10 years which will make the TV show have a lot of lag time assuming they continue it till the end.

But maybe the next two books will come out faster. I have no clue since I have not followed it until the show came out. But I just got the first book and started it last night.

Great series, loved this last episode.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Very cool ending and season. True to the books. Cool that some of Book 2 was thrown in as well toward the end.
Got to see Biter, (I think) Rorge, Hot Pie, and Gendry. They probably have not cast Jaqen H'ghar yet.

We'd already seen Gendry when Ned went to meet him.

The ending was nicely done. I really liked Jon Snow's ending as well.

That scene with Maester Pycelle was weird though, I didn't get it.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
only thing I'm afraid of with this series(I have not read the books yet) is books 3, 4, and 5 all were about 5 years apart and we have 2 more coming after that.

Well, at that rate, the series will not be complete for what seems to be at least 7-10 years which will make the TV show have a lot of lag time assuming they continue it till the end.

But maybe the next two books will come out faster. I have no clue since I have not followed it until the show came out. But I just got the first book and started it last night.

I'm kind of hoping that the success of the show gets him to wrap up the books a bit faster... I'm probably delusional though lol.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000

I have been thinking along those lines also. Maybe it will FORCE GRRM to finish book six by 2016, and seven by 2017?

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Clothes all burned off, but her hair still there? I'm guessing they stay then... The Dragons were pretty nice too.

That was a change from the book, (ep10 spoiler only)
her hair was supposed to be burned as well.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Pheran said:
Yeah.
I don't remember that from the book.
Anyone know why it was in there?

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Yeah.
I don't remember that from the book.
Anyone know why it was in there?

Seems they wanted to show that he puts on a facade of a tired old man but is actually in pretty good shape and sharp as ever. For what reason, I don't know.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Worst part... we're going to have to wait awhile for more :(.

EDIT:

I had a feeling the dragons would hatch when the eggs were burnt. It was foreshadowed a few episodes ago and with all the talk of the "dragons being dead" and there being some eggs available... screams dragons!

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Worst part... we're going to have to wait awhile for more :(.

EDIT:

I had a feeling the dragons would hatch when the eggs were burnt. It was foreshadowed a few episodes ago and with all the talk of the "dragons being dead" and there being some eggs available... screams dragons!

Yeah,
I've been expecting dragons for some time. All her talk about "I'm a Dragon," and "Fire can't kill a Dragon," along with her having the eggs to begin with...all lead me to believe we'd be seeing them sooner or later. I was kind of disappointed in the pyre scene. I had expected to see at least some of the process...instead of just cutting to the after scene. <shrug>

Lummex

Apr 6, 2008
I absolutely loved the finale. It actually caused some tears, even though I've already read the books and knew what was coming. (the episode before did, as well). Very happy with the way they included the most important scenes. So excited for next season! (and the next book :)

Clemenza

Oct 12, 2010
I'm expecting them to start making the seasons longer or making 2 seasons one book. That way GRRM can get his ass to finishing the series before the TV series catches up. I enjoyed the season and besides a few minor changes was happy to see them stick as close to the books as they did.

Xed

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2003

Book spoiler below...sorry I assumed spoilers were book implied since people openly discuss things including the books without tags.

He basically winds up running the kingdoms through King Tommen later on and isn't the senile and feeble old man he portrays

Last edited:

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
He basically winds up running the kingdoms through King Tommen later on and isn't the senile and feeble old man he portrays

can you please label it as a book spoiler? Most of the spoilers today are about this episode. We really need a separate thread for the book. Too many are just putting all sorts of spoilers in this thread.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
can you please label it as a book spoiler? Most of the spoilers today are about this episode. We really need a separate thread for the book. Too many are just putting all sorts of spoilers in this thread.

Yeah, even in spoiler tags, that was obnoxious without a book spoiler warning. I'm thinking about starting a "Song of Ice and Fire" thread closer to the release of A Dance with Dragons that could also serve as the "book spoiler" version of the TV thread for next season. Then all book spoilers could be banned from the TV thread. Anyone else support this?

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Ars Technica: Why Game of Thrones is the best thing on television

Massive spoilers for season 1, but nothing further, so the article is fine as long you've finished the season.

Mildy amusing "buddy comedy" trailer: One and a Half Man

Good use of Drogo for a meme:

original.gif

Last edited:

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
dont know if it's been posted, but is the finale 2 hours long in stead of the usual 55'ish minutes?